Questions about Kokoro

Aya

I'm a new koroko player and I noticed something really confusing me: when I input 3p, sometimes her 33p come out instead of 3p. And the chance is pretty much 50/50. This has never happened in my any other characters. I am wondering is it just me or everyone else has the same problem?

Heikou

Standard Donor
This input can happen with certain characters and is just a part of how the buffer system works from what I know. If you hit 3p while in crouching state, or hold 3 then hit P, you'll get 33p. Leon does the same thing for me, but Akira doesn't.

Uberprinny

My question is why do Kokoro players feel the need to button mash? Everytime I m against a Kokoro, this always happens. Thats why she earned the nickname "Kokowhore" or "Kokohoe". A 6 hit combo from Kokoro is more powerful than a Nyotengu 10 or more hits combo. ITS NOT FAIR! :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
My question is why do Kokoro players feel the need to button mash? Everytime I m against a Kokoro, this always happens. Thats why she earned the nickname "Kokowhore" or "Kokohoe". A 6 hit combo from Kokoro is more powerful than a Nyotengu 10 or more hits. ITS NOT FAIR! :(
As someone who used Kokoro quite a bit in Dimensions, I'd say because she's just easy to mash with, plus she's not too unsafe, you can get away with a lot from her online. However she's very two dimensional and can be sidestepped most of the time unless the string has that H+K move or that throw I think .

Uberprinny

So in other words, Kokoro is a souped up version of Akira! X,x
With an Akira you can see their pattern on what move comes next. With a Kokoro, she can change it on a dime.H+K and throw moves aside, Does Kokoro have any other tracking moves?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nope, that's why she's Two dimensional. XD I wouldn't say she's better than Akira tho, he's pretty linear move wise and is difficult to use, but his damage is far better than hers and it's hard to stop a good Akira, when me and @DestructionBomb played, he waited patiently for openings and actually mixed up, and he relied on good reads and momentum when he knew what was coming. Kokoro isn't bad, but her move set is imo more flawed than Akira because of the whole tracking thing. Akira is linear but only if you always use mid punches.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I didn't mean it's a huge hamper on her, but that is one of her flaws, she's not up to akira in terms of ability, but she can still be dat bitch in CQC. XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean in terms between the two, I do feel Akira simply has better rewards and stronger resulting feedback off it. Overall, Akira just feels more versatile to the situation against most of the cast and better neutral with less strings attached. There is however different cases where certain matches pay off better with Kokoro than Akira. For example, I find Kokoro to be more effective of consistency to lower health bars towards Bayman than Akira. Akira can as well, but there is a lot more read factors here and player mindset from Bayman that can stop some of his offense. Kokoro has these options that leads into throw factors and gaining momentum. Against the entire cast, Akira seems more opt to win provided the player has good fundamentals to back him while playing as the character.

As for the tracking thing, to be quite blunt, I never really considered tracking to be a true legitimate problem for Akira with DOA because it's all based on reads in regards to tracking. If Akira "knows" you'll SS or abuse the SS system, you'd get hit hard from a guaranteed tracking setup launch he has. He doesn't have much tracking moves but yet those minimum tracking moves of his are no joke either. If he lands them, you'd lose 70+ health with no wall included, DOA's health is 300, if it lands on the wall you'd lose 103+ health. Not to mention that CH is still applied for side stepping. Akira could even throw people that SS so even throwing still applies. He just happens to be a character who's more obvious about it, but yet I don't consider that a main issue for DOA. If I had to pick a main issue for Akira (in terms of DOA), it's the fact that lots of his options comes from conditioning the opponent to fall for stuff and understanding the player while not screwing up. When someone says side step Akira more often, you are literally telling Akira to absorb that option and providing him the option to take advantage of it using the DOA's system. In fact, most of the cast can be stepped as well if they tossed a start-up attack that doesn't track with bad enders that also doesn't track. I don't find this to be a major major issue for Kokoro either.

Eliot and Leon for example, have linear moves. Though they also have moves with strings attached that retracks to a SS opponent. Leon's P6P/6PP retracks. Akira has 2 moves that retrack if the opponent SSs too early. The first attack will whiff, but the follow up will hit after the SS is over preventing the player to hold or commence an offensive action right after because Akira is still in the string animation from the follow ups. There's a lot of wrong for when an opponent side steps as well.

Though in VF, it's his common general weakness because the system favors him there as well as the other cast on that game.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Thats why she earned the nickname "Kokowhore" or "Kokohoe".
I prefer Kokoroach
A 6 hit combo from Kokoro is more powerful than a Nyotengu 10 or more hits combo. ITS NOT FAIR! :(
That's just how this game works. A 3 hit combo from Phase can do more than both of those.
So in other words, Kokoro is a souped up version of Akira! X,x
No omg Akira's much more dangerous than Kokoro
With an Akira you can see their pattern on what move comes next. With a Kokoro, she can change it on a dime.H+K and throw moves aside, Does Kokoro have any other tracking moves?
46PP, 6PP, PKK, 3KK, 1KKK. Kokoro's retracking is pretty good too

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD