Quick! What's wrong with this picture?

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Uh, if you want quality DOA games and you don't want to get funny looks in large tourneys in case doa5 gets accepted, then you better not fucking ask for another doaX. Seriously, knock it off. It's plain weird and creepy as fuck. Build a good image for your community. Other communities would think you're a bunch of weirdos.

If you want dating sims, go play those weird anime games when you're alone.

To be fair, the KOF series has the Days of Memories spinoff, which is a dating sim series featuring KOF and Samurai Showdown girls that has like 8 installments, so DOA isn't the only fighting game franchise that does stuff like this.

The jet ski race was fun, The volleyball could have added a little more depth, and if the actually had the characters interacting more outside of canned animations (actually talking to each other) it could have been better.

I think they should have all of the girls speak in their native languages so they have a hard time understanding each other. Then, you can pair them up and watch them lose due to the shoddy teamwork brought about by poor communication. There's another layer of depth right there. It also opens the door for a new "Bitch Slap" mini game when they start blaming each other for the loss.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
@Doctor Teeth: I didn't know that at all, since I just got into KOF recently.

When doa5 comes out and I actually see a hype tourney for that, I'll just turn a blind eye to all this shit. Until then, I am not coming down from my soap box until the game shows more potential. Hell, even if Team Ninja let people play the game and do what Namco did with tag2 with the location tests, I'll actually change my opinion.

We got location tests here in London. London, which only has two legit arcades left, excluding namco arcade next to London Eye. People got to play the game for hours, same for SC5 and SFXT.

Back on topic, I got a brand new copy of DOA 3.2 for £11 and a used xbox for £37 (the cheapest on ebay), so maybe I'll finally get to play the game people have been praising so much.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's not exactly the same as 3.1, but it's similar and certainly better than 3.0.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD