Quitting in ranked

synce

I've heard you lose 1000 points if you quit during match, but what about during character select? I'm tired of playing people with 1 bar connections

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I never quit a match in DOA5 so I wouldn't know. I feel your pain, though. People lag too much in rank. I wish to only get a S rank and stop playing it altogether, but at this rate that'll take forever. I would just give up on rank match altogether. In the end Rank means nothing anyway.

Boodendorf

I've heard you lose 1000 points if you quit during match, but what about during character select? I'm tired of playing people with 1 bar connections
A guy told me that quitting on the character select by going back to the menu with the PS(or xbox) button, or even just ejecting your disk will let you quit and you won't lose points.I tried, it works. It's a pain in the ass to boot everytime DoA5 again but if it's to avoid 1 second input lag I'm okay with that.

synce

Nice, I can confirm it works. You can also just sign out then the game will take you back to menu

akhi216

Standard Donor
My internet rage quit on me once while I was on the character select screen in a ranked match. When I signed back in I found that I had lost no points.

synce

Actually scratch that, I did lose points (like 500-600) but not immediately. It only registers after you complete a match. I'll try the quitting to dashboard method next time

Ace Flibble

I can't abide by any quitting. Lag is going to happen and ranking means nothing. To me, the only difference between the game modes is 'Simple' means 'random-picking, button-mashing silliness', 'Ranked' means 'might try an actual combo now and then' and 'Lobby' means 'chilling with friends, we might bother to have a fight at some point if we fell like it'.

If I'm in ranked and someone comes up that I have a poor connection with or it's obvious that they're playing in a boring fashion or one of us is clearly infinitely better than the other, I'll just sit it out. Considering how long it an takes to get out of and then into a new match it's really no quicker to quit than it is to eat a couple of rounds, and sometimes lag sorts itself out after 10-15 seconds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD