Rachel Buffs

Is Rachel really a good character, or was it that her pre-patch offense was too braindead?

• Total voters

Itz King Beebop

I feel that since the Rachel Nerfs thread has been up since week 1 of the game release, Rachel players should have the freedom to keep this Rachel Buffs thread up for week 1 of the game's first patch. For any of the moderators watching this characters threads, I only want to get a discussion going to see if players of all characters can discuss what the Rachel needs and doesn't need. I don't expect changes to happen as quick as the nerfs did ('cause all I have to do is modify my Rachel game a LOT) but it'd be nice if they could be taken into consideration...

Drake Aldan

Viper Twist should wallsplat.

That's the only thing I could really ask for. I mean I can put up with having to make the decision, it's just that it looks really awkward.

Nobus3r1

I would like an additional follow-up to 1P. Something like hold 1PP (wtf is the notation for a held direction?) that goes low-low. I wouldn't even mind if the artist formerly known as 1PP stayed as retardedly unsafe as they made it if the opponent actually had to think about the possibility that there's more than one follow-up to 1P. Maybe reduce the startup of 66T.

Tenryuga

Undo the unnecessary nerfs of this patch. Leave stomp where it is currently at considering when other characters whiff a ground attack they can get throw punished. That's all the buffs she needs at this moment IMO.

Rubedood

Get rid of the fucking increased startup frames on stomp. Move is unusable now, since you can back tech every setup and it will whiff every time, AND she's at complete disadvantage. Such a stupid nerf.

Django

Get rid of the fucking increased startup frames on stomp. Move is unusable now, since you can back tech every setup and it will whiff every time, AND she's at complete disadvantage. Such a stupid nerf.
you could have always back tech it every time anyways nothing changed there,
and the point of ground attacks / stomps is to beat a recovery kick
and i don't see what all the crying is about ie. Tina 2P is -1 on HIT and -25 for whiff and Rachel are still better on both hit and whiff.

Rubedood

you could have always back tech it every time anyways nothing changed there,
and the point of ground attacks / stomps is to beat a recovery kick
and i don't see what all the crying is about ie. Tina 2P is -1 on HIT and -25 for whiff and Rachel are still better on both hit and whiff.

If you timed it correctly, it would land, but now it's too slow to use at all. Grapplers will RAPE her if it whiffs, and others can punish it too easily now. She has no pressure game at all anymore

vINv

im starting this thread to prove to all that rachel can win with out the stomp here are some ideas and tech i have for Ms Rachel.
im typing on a tablet so bear with me ill try to watch my grammer. Rachels pp is 2n1 string if u get the 1st p 2nd 1s free this option creates a simple 1in3 mix up. Because of the mid follow up and the low and the throw. playing rachel in my opinion is very reaction based u haved to test your openents reaction to certain strings. starting with her pp, now in order to start your offense using 2p often along with 6p to iratate your openent is a good way to start as well as. Mixing her netural throw into alot of her strings. 3p Nthrow mostly because at this point ppl have become acustomed to blocking 3pp and looking for a mix up after. its important because rachel is so basic we have to use those basic tools to b as annoying as possible. during a stun rachels goal is to pro long the stun as much as possible. this can b done by using 2h+k and 3p mixed with a dash(3,3) doing this often frustrates the openent into countering where can get a punish in for big dmg. if they refuse to counter mix 8k in for a sit down as well as 8p most players

vINv

know at this point its either mash out a crush or counter so dash in with 66p or 9k or take the grab punish. as far as her launch is concerned best use of that is after. her ppthrow or 66throw throwing it out at random after the patch is a bad idea. concernig her stomp rachel doesnt need it to win her holds are dmging enough if ur good at holding. i would recomend use of the stomp if u have a decent life lead risk vs reward. her 4p being 19fps not thatbig a deal she has a faster tracking move in h+k. lastly utilize her unique ss study the other chars. bnb strings and time your ss pay off is worth it. her spacing learn how to dash block (3,3,4 repeat) get in tools 3pp 4pp 6pk k,k
any additionaly comments r welcome

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not sure if it worked before 1.03 but I can sometimes get her airgrab off of a wallbounce now. Was that always possible? Specifically I'm doing 8k next to the wall and sometimes it'll give me the airgrab for no discernable reason.

EDIT: Merged this and the Rachel Lives thread together since they're a bit too similar.

AkaShocka

Not sure if it worked before 1.03 but I can sometimes get her airgrab off of a wallbounce now. Was that always possible?
I don't know about Rachel but sometimes Sarah can get her 66H+K off of a wall bounce, so Rachel might be able to do so. But I haven't tried Sarah's 66H+K after a wall bounce in Ultimate so it's probably not there anymore.

PacManila

Not sure if it worked before 1.03 but I can sometimes get her airgrab off of a wallbounce now. Was that always possible? Specifically I'm doing 8k next to the wall and sometimes it'll give me the airgrab for no discernable reason.

I think it depends on the type of wall. If I'm not mistaken, in the circus stages, when you wall bounce them on the jack-in-the-boxes, you can air grab them.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's different as that's an actual bounce. I'm more talking about a normal wall hit. I was getting it on Lorelei against the half wall around the back of the level. Not a special dangerzone.

Drake Aldan

her 4p being 19fps not thatbig a deal she has a faster tracking move in h+k.
I think a lot of people are getting this confused... 4P is still godlike i16. It's the second hit, 4PP, that was slowed down.

That's different as that's an actual bounce. I'm more talking about a normal wall hit. I was getting it on Lorelei against the half wall around the back of the level. Not a special dangerzone.
I'll go test this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD