Rachel Intermediate guide

Lulu

Yea they really do her 4K is a great tool. Regarding Rachel's catch grab I ment I wouldnt suggest just randomly throwing it out unless you have a reason for it. It may be a one of the faster catch grabs but its still a OH which means any grab standing jab or 2P will beat it out. Also if your struggling against VF's like Jacky wait for him to be unsafe and Rachel will beat him down with punishing and patience.

True dat.... now I need to come up with a gameplan for someone who confirms their hits, chances are such a player isn't just going to keep poking a blocking opponent.... their going to try to get past it somehow..... if they grab... I'm screwed, but I can deal with multiple mix up options using the Side Step..... and then as a last resort I'l start holding.

As for the VF characters I think its important to have more than one gameplan, for someone like Akira I have 2 strategies I alternate between regardless of what character I use.... and if I have a parry or OH then I have three. Sarah I've never really struggled with....
But Pai Chan and Jacky... I need more than one way to beat them.... punishing unsafe attacks is one way but they can just tick throw me, if I had a second plan then I can force them to alternate between which approach they should use....

RenderingStar

Yea when I fight jacky i try to never go on the defensive because it's to hard to get out of that situation. So I always try to stay on in and push him towards a wall. If you want I can post some videos of my Rachel gameplay.

Lulu

Yea when I fight jacky i try to never go on the defensive because it's to hard to get out of that situation. So I always try to stay on in and push him towards a wall. If you want I can post some videos of my Rachel gameplay.

I can't watch them, I'm on my phone right now (because the WiFi is down).

Anyway thats not necessary, I'm already familar with that strategy, I just don't use it though because I can't apply pressure and be aware of my surroundings at the Same time, so I play slower, if you space correctly then you can turn the tables and beat Jacky at his own game, his range game is still better but its not an impenetrable fortress like his CQC, if you're careful then you'l be the one interrupting all his attacks.... Rachel is Pretty Tall after all....

Actually some times I play so slowly and carefully time runs out. But thats usually on stages where the walls are too far away or theres not enough stage hazards to use to my advantage, I can wrap things up pretty quickly in The Temple of The Dragon so long as I don't go outside.

Of course this Stage Benefits Jacky too, his Slide Shuffle is a killer positional tool and often throws a wrench in my plans.

RenderingStar

I really don't have a problem with Jacky's CQC. I utilize 4P and H+K because her H+K is quick it tracks and it allows for mix up. Sorry if the stuff I'm writing isn't making sense I never post in forums. This is my first time xD

Lulu

LoL.... you're making perfect sense.
Its a good thing Rachel stuns with each hit.... but you have to be carefull because Rachel doesn't do so well against blockers.... hence why I use the space. Her H+K is good but even for her height its not a move you can get carelesa with.... Momiji's H+K and is better.... you can get careless with it and never pay too badly if they punish.... Ayane's 3H+K is even better.... its the same thing but its a mid, its just so rare to find a Long Range Tracking Mid.... LoL.... I believe Jacky has one too, except his is faster.

Lulu

Yeah but even if you break the throw Rachel is still slower.... the neutral game is a very precarious position for her..... I guess thats where 1PP comes in handy.

Lulu

Nope... 360..... but even then I'm not a gold member so I don't play online
.... I tried it once... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG !!!! I'm not even kidding man, my inputs were being registered three seconds late.

Oh hey do you "extend" your Critical Burst set ups with Jabs ?
I don't know about you but my usual set up is to raise my critical level by one with each strike, meaning my set ups are four hits long...... but there are some attacks that don't raise critical levels (atleast for one hit), theres a universal one for every character: The Jab.... but I think some characters have more than one.
Its difficulty to say because I only began using this technique last week. And I'm not entirely sure how it works (sometimes the jab causes a knock down if used incorrectly)
Do you jab in your set ups ?

Lulu

She doesn't have any combo throws andd her throws are adverage speed 5/7/9

Yeah but other than her Catch Grab I can input their commands quickly.
The Grapplers have pretty fast throws but this is ofset by the type of inputs they use..... I can't use them on reaction like I can with Rachel's simple yet elegant 6T..... I can just put in as soon as I see a hold and it connects with a healthy amount of damage....... her throws really shine up against explosive surfaces. Shes just such intuitive character to execute moves with.

they are basic but they are some damn good basics.... imagine if Akira's inputs were just as easy.

Lulu

LoL. A nightmare indeed.
Its a good thing Rachel has that Catch Grab.... it evens out the playing field because the VF Characters don't have one..... that I know of...... yet.

Lulu

Huh ?
I don't think she has any Grabs out of Flamingo besides that one that needs a High Kick to connect first but thats still basicly a strike.

I think she grabs when she Steps..... but she can only Step from Flamingo (1P+K).

Lulu

LoL.... damn.... thats one hell of Process just for a Catch Grab..... no wonder I hardly see it. Shes better off with the Parry.... its a decent Vortex.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD