Raijin

KaiBro

Yeah, so any tips on doing the Raijin combo throw. I heard it become stricter on the inputs.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
For what it's worth, I can't land it consistently myself... yet. I can give a few suggestions though. The first Combo Throw indicator is not accurate at all, so disregard it. Getting the timing down is key. Without delay, I immediately enter the second portion of the throw after completing the half-circle. It may be helpful to think of it as one complete motion instead of two separate ones. Do it quickly and you can establish a sort of rhythm to it. The third part is where it gets a little tricky. I don't have the exact timing down yet, but it was later than I expected it to be. You should start inputting the last part of the throw after he reaches the apex of the throw (when Hayate becomes visible on-screen), just right as he meets them in the air and starts to strike them. Also, like Hayabusa's izunas, theres a certain fudge factor--inputting extra directions doesn't seem to matter. Hope that helps.

:hayate:

Last edited:

Akumasama

Without delay, I immediately enter the second portion of the throw
I'm having a completely different experience here.
Second part (8264H) needs to be inputted with a big delay, basically as soon as the Combo Throw message appears on screen.
You have to be fast and the game doesn't accept more than 2-3 wrong inputs.
So for instance these will be accepted:
1) 821476H
2) 872146H

The following will NOT be accepted: 89632147896H

You also need to be fast.
Now for the third part I can't seem to get it right but I think you need to input it as soon as the first one is over. You just have the same "no more than 2-3 dirty inputs" thing, and that's way trickier when it involves diagonal inputs.
I used to be able to input it in DOA4, altough with some issues, now I've failed for like >30m straight in the Command Training mode.
It's strange that the command buffer is so strict when for the other command throws it accepts a lot of dirty inputs, way more than Raijin does =/

Akumasama

Yes that's my issue as well. The game just doesn't accept more than a certain degree of "dirty" input for Raijin, and good luck getting clean input for a move involving 4 diagonals =/

KaiBro

Well funny thing is after KuRuPt gave me the tip to do the last inputs when Hayate started attacking the person in air helped. That doesn't mean I constantly pulled it off though XD

Akumasama

Have you guys tried in the Free Training? How many "dirty" inputs do you get while trying to do 9,1,7,3?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Do share with us please ;)

Well itsdatguys was nice enough to take the time and teach me

basically for the last input 9 1 7 3, you have to input it when hayate teleports in the air and you hear him do a grunt (the first kick)

If you are having trouble pulling it off I highly recommended using the analog stick for the 9 1 7 3, it makes it sooo much easier

edit: pic of my inputs of 9 1 7 3

29594d3.png

a3owmd.png

lol thats a lot of mistakes and i executed rajin with these inputs

Last edited:

Akumasama

lol thats a lot of mistakes and i executed rajin with these inputs
Yeah that's a lot of dirt in those inputs, so my previous hypothesys has been proved wrong.
Thanks! I'll practice some more.

edit: I found a easy way to do rajin, use your pc mouse and macro 9173 to left click lol :)
Ehr woot? What do you mean? A PC mouse... on your PS3? o_O

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yeah that's a lot of dirt in those inputs, so my previous hypothesys has been proved wrong.
Thanks! I'll practice some more.

Ehr woot? What do you mean? A PC mouse... on your PS3? :confused:

Well there is a a thing called xcronous, which will allow you to play games with either a ps3/xbox360 controller/mousekeyboard on any console

So like you can use a 360 controller on a ps3 console vice versa and same with mouse and keyboard

get a mouse macro the left click to 9 1 7 3 so you just left click to input

Akumasama

you gotta do the input RIGHT when hayate appears in the air and does the first kick
Just a clarification on this, there might be a mistake in your sentence.
You wrote "first kick" implying there is a second.
Did you mean "first punch"?
8 2 6 4 input produces a punch and a kick.
Did you mean you have to input 9 1 7 3 right after the first PUNCH or after the FIRST (and last) kick?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD