Random FSD Lobby Session

Ghosty-J

I'm still pretty new to the site, so I'm not sure if I'm int the right place to make a topic about online matchmaking and stuff. Here's to hoping I don't end up embarrassing myself XD

Anyway, I've spent about a day on the forum and I can see the community here is pretty awesome. I've been thinking of getting a Free Step Dodge lobby going on PSN. I have an empty 16-man lobby standing by right now and I was hoping we could all have a get together and brush up on our skills for ranked fights and help each other get better at the game in general. It's not really a legit online training session, but I thought it's something we could do for fun since it can be pretty difficult getting into a lobby due to netcode issues.

My PSN ID is right under my avatar. I can send an invite to anyone who's willing to use me and everyone else as punching bags. Well, mostly me :rolleyes:

EDIT: This was a bad idea. It's been an hour, so I'm disbanding the lobby until I actually get a session planned ahead of time. So date suggestions would be nice.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've tried hosting some sessions, but it just matters who's on at the time, and the online connections can vary randomly. Best of luck in making your sessions in the future. I've labeled mine FreeStepDodge.com.

Boodendorf

Didn't notice this thread before, I added you, I have a glitch on my ps3 though that makes me rarely receive any messages from anyone, no idea why, so if you want to tell me you're making a lobby without going on the forum just invite me to a psn chatroom. Hopefully I'll learn lot of stuff during those games.

Ghosty-J

Glad I managed to get some interest going XD

I'm thinking Saturday in the evening sounds like a good time to start up a lobby. I live in the Central area and 6pm sounds about right. What do you guys think?

Ghosty-J

It's 6pm and got the lobby going now. Gonna try this again now XP
For those who want to search for the lobby instead of an invite, the room is simply titled "Free Step Dodge".

Ghosty-J

Yeah, that's been a major issue I've heard. I always kept it on :2::2:/:8::8: since I've adjusted to that style of sidestepping thanks to VF and Tekken, so the switch bug hasn't happened to me.

I still don't have Alpha, but I'm about 100 titles away. Once I close down the lobby in a few hours from now, I have some serious title grinding to do. Definitely saving Legend Survival for last >_>

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh, so that's why you're playing a bit of every character.

Man, it would've been great to have Matt in the lobby. He would've raped your Akira's ass.

Ghosty-J

I don't doubt it either. I lose quite often in this game actually. If your Bass clowned my Akira as much as he did, then I'd most likely end up getting the floor mopped with me anyway XD

Ghosty-J

Yeah. It's starting to get very lively now. Seems everyone tends to be more active at later times. I'm gonna head off in an hour to catch Toonami, so I can pass ownership to anyone who wants the room when the time comes.

EDIT: Had to leave the lobby. GGs guys, and I'm really hoping this netcode isn't designed to disband the lobby as soon as the host leaves since I feel like a jerk now XD

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Those were some good fun matches. GG. Except for the person who was laggy as heck in the Mila vs Mila match. Ghost that was my first time playing a good Akira. Good stuff. Hopefully I'll get to play him again sometime. Next time I'll be serious.lol And UK I liked your Bass. You showed me some stuff I didn't even know he can do in this game(Never run into Bass players) good stuff!

Ghosty-J

Thanks XD I've never really fought a Bass online up until now, and it's good to see a great Lisa player in action. I've had a lot of fun~. I'm gonna try working on my Akira a little bit more next time. I think I'm almost done adjusting from my VF5FS knowledge since my Akira's grown to be more effective than it used to be in this game. Whenever I get the chance, I'll try organizing another lobby. Probably on Friday which should leave me some time to do an art livestream on Saturday.

After tonight, "Get up, you lazy bum!" will be forever engraved inside my mind :U

Boodendorf

Curse timezones, making it pretty hard to play with you guys. I'm kinda happy it worked but sad I couldn't participate, ah well, maybe next time.

Ghosty-J

Sorry about that. I forgot you live in France D:
I'll try hosting at an earlier time this Friday so everyone can have a chance to get on. Still deciding on a time though.

Ghosty-J

Just thought of a good time for a new lobby. How about this Friday (tomorrow) at 3pm Central. Basically 4pm for anyone on the east coast, 2pm for the Mountain timezone, and 1pm for the west coast. Hopefully this is early enough for Boodendorf and anyone else not in the US to be able to get on and beat the tar out of me : P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD