Ranked Lobbies

Stikku

DOA2U invented ranked lobbies, and honestly the Avatar pre-lobby lobbies in DOA4 were an improvement. Almost every other fighting game with network play has adopted Ranked Lobbies, so like seriously. Why remove this. This was a good thing.

Renarism

We would see a lot more boosters running around setting up lobbies and ducking out when someone challenging comes in. The ranked system is fine the way it is right now. Unless they set up so if someone quits during a match they lose 3000 points. (a big loss, more than what you would usually lose if you just lost a match)

but meh...

~Renarism

Stikku

We would see a lot more boosters running around setting up lobbies and ducking out when someone challenging comes in. The ranked system is fine the way it is right now. Unless they set up so if someone quits during a match they lose 3000 points. (a big loss, more than what you would usually lose if you just lost a match)

but meh...

~Renarism
Who cares about boosters. Let people do what they want to do. It's not like anyone would be boosting for actual in-game rep, and of course they'd just be doing it for achievements. Seriously, how does a booster with an assload of points who runs away from actual tough battles make an impact on anyone of worth's day?

ILYA✰

ummm usually these people tend to spam and troll and when they lose theyre like U FING NOOB MFUCKA

Stikku

ummm usually these people tend to spam and troll and when they lose theyre like U FING NOOB MFUCKA
That still happens. It's not a specific scenario only attributed to Ranked Lobbies. It happens in many online games. Some people just lose their shit.

DR2K

That still happens. It's not a specific scenario only attributed to Ranked Lobbies. It happens in many online games. Some people just lose their shit.

...and with this system there's a lot less of it.

onelasttime

Also, tag ranked matches. I personally don't play much tag team, but I'm sure people are upset that they can't be ranked upon their skills in tag.

KevinJ

I want a 1v1 ranked lobby like they have in SSFIVAE and other games. Being able to see your connection with the opponent on the lobby list would be very nice. You can always just not show what the person's rank is on the lobby list for ranked lobbies. That is why searching criteria exist and will make people dodging games cause of a higher ranked opponent go away. As for boosters who cares, its not like you get a special reward for having highiest rank or something. If you face a booster they're either going to give you an easy, decent, or a nice match, which you will run into all of those situations online anyways.

When it came to online I think TN took a breather on the creativity and just copied everything SSF4 did. "That game has a big player-base, they must be doing it better than us" was what they thought.
Ranked in DOA5 is terrible, the filter-system for regions is stupid that might work for SSF4 but not for a small-ass community as this one. The filter-system for grades is over-complicated, they shouldn't let an A filter out A- keep a bit more simple (filters per rank) so that we might find a match in less than 5 mins. and yes I know you don't HAVE to turn on those filters but it's encouraged and standard to do so.

I don't get how it got this bad. I wonder if TN just forgot to ask the community players or they got blown off with the old "Rank means nothing so we don't care what you do with it".
I'm pretty sure they can't add ranked lobbies with a patch so I guess we'll have to do without ranked lobbies.

I think there's another thread floating around about the point system in ranked. Don't get me started on how stupidly easy it is to keep points if you don't even lose the amount the winner gets.

...and with this system there's a lot less of it.[/quote
Let's not make the game less enjoyable because some 12yrolds get upset when losing.

Doug Nguyen

Yeah i dont care for boosters. Either way they will lose against someone and will lose there points. Its even more sad when they will lose against a low level player. I actually like boosters then. Ill get more points off them.

Crystic

As I do miss cute and niche lobbies from doa4, I like this system better. Rank lobbies don't seem like a bad idea, though. At my rank, I fight the same 6 people anyway. Besides, what would be the point of boosting, as they're are no longer apart of the achievements. It would be nice to play some of the S ranks on a consistent basis. The people I fight now are kind of weak considering they are A rank. I dont get better by playing scrubs. And I still need to get revenge on Renarism.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD