Re. Different versions

mav2k

Hi All, I am trying to find out some information about the Dead or Alive 5 game series if anyone can help me please.

What is the difference between Dead or Alive 5 // Dead or Alive 5 LR // Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate please?

Finally, is the Japanese version of this game identical to the US/Europe version or are the US/Europe versions censored in anyway?

Many thanks for your help.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's basically the differences in a nutshell:
Vanilla: The original version. Less DLC, different move properties, different balancing.
Ultimate: More costumes and hairstyles added, NG Rachel and Momiji added, along with Jacky, Ein, and Leon. More DLC support including three additional characters, added stages, and altered balancing. Also power launchers are added.
LR: Current one. Raidou and Honoka added, and Next Gen consoles received additional hairstyles and stages, along with new characters options UI to select hair, underwear color, etc. More balanced than before, and added music, soft engine added to Next Gen consoles, and more DLC with added features in some such as transformation and clothes rip.

As for Japanese and US version, nothing is censored and both versions are relatively similar to each other. I hope this helps

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Also should mention that the latest patch on DOA5: Ultimate will upgrade it to Last Round in terms of characters and balance.

mav2k

Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated.

I have another question, I want to purchase some costume dlc packs, but was wondering if there is a complete costume dlc pack which would save me some money at all?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated.

I have another question, I want to purchase some costume dlc packs, but was wondering if there is a complete costume dlc pack which would save me some money at all?
There are various character packs that allow you buy some costumes for said character, and you can also buy theme DLC in packs so you won't have to spend as much and download individually. Also you can buy the season packs to get DLC way faster, but you will be paying a heft price per season pass.

Lulu

Does DoA really have Multiple Season Passes ? Isn't there like One Big Season Pass you can pay for then never have to worry about it ever again ?

UpSideDownGRUNT

SP1 has Angelic MR, PAcks Ninja Clan vol.1 - Deception.

SP2 has Secret Agent Honoka, packs Hot Summer - Schoolgirl Strikers I think

SP3 has White/pink recolour of Kasumis C3 and Design Awards set, Tatsunoko, Valentines, Naotora Ii, and possible SW crossover set(TBA)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hmmmmm...... so it doesn't work like the other Season Passes other games have...... its basicly DLC Bundles

That's what Season Passes are. You just are paying for DLC packs up front. Other games just don't typically give out the amount of DLC DOA5 provides.

Each Season Pass in DOA is 6 DLC Packs I believe, also there's an exclusive costume in each season pass.

Lulu

That's what Season Passes are. You just are paying for DLC packs up front. Other games just don't typically give out the amount of DLC DOA5 provides.

Each Season Pass in DOA is 6 DLC Packs I believe, also there's an exclusive costume in each season pass.

I actually don't have much experience with Season Passes.... I've only gotten one for Revelations 2..... for a single player game like Bioshock Infintite they aren't really worth it.....

However I always assumed for a Multiplayer Game thats constantly releasing Maps and Skins that its pretty cool to fork over a lump sum and get all DLC that the Developer releases for that particularly game.

This is what makes DoA's Multiple Season Costume Passes so confusing to me...... The Game is still producing new content but theres no way to hanf back and Buy Everything all in one go before hand.

I suppose I just think like that because I'm only familiar with Season Passes as an idea (as advertise by its makers).... instead if what you actually get for them.

UpSideDownGRUNT

To be fair you'd have to pay like $400-$500 to get all of Last Rounds DLCs. Much easier to seperate them in seasons of six, 6 full costume packs cost over $100 so you're still getting a hefty discount.

Besides they're pretty much just for completionists, for guys like me that only pls 1-2 characters especially male ones its better just buy single.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD