Replay Woes

Drake Aldan

I'm a firm believer in the "feedback loop"- go into "the field", collect data, analyze it, make changes, and then go back into the fray again.

as such, a well-designed and robust replay function is crucial to me, and is the main way I improve (fast).

When it comes to DOA5, I see that you can save replays locally (good idea) and in Ranked Match. Is it possible to save replays in Simple Match or Lobby Match? I do not see the option.

It's only in Simple or Lobby that you can rematch players, and given that the point of the game is reading the opponent... these modes are more suited to this. Even tournament matches are Best of 5, where Ranked is... Best of 1...

When it comes to the actual replays themselves, I see a pause, a play, a photo mode. I don't see a rewind function, however. Is the only way to go back in a match is to exit out and start it up again?

(I would have appreciated a slow-mo function as well.)

At this point, I'd think the only solution to my problems would be to get a capture card. Am I missing something?

Drake Aldan

Is there any way to render replays to a video file (.mp4 or other)? Soul Calibur V PS3 version had this feature (640x360 mp4), but the 360 version didn't.

Replays are individual saves and they seem pretty small (few hundred kb) so...

AegisOrnus

As far as I know, it's pretty much what you see is what you get.

I'm having problems just getting the replays to save properly in the first place. My replays are randomly scattered instead of saved in a particular order, things happen in the replay that never occurred in the actual fight, there is no way to rewind, character portraits are posted at random, player names and grades are not listed.

It needs fixing. Everything outside of the actual gameplay itself needs some major retooling. At least we have a core game experience.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD