Reviews for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty are Strong

Professional Reviews

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty reviews have started coming in strongly for: PC Steam, Playstation 5 and XBOX Series X. Steam currently leads the review race at 82, Playstation 5 and XBOX are very close to that with an average of 81. The game was predicted to score about the same as Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy or Dead or Alive 6 with both titles having an average rating of 72 at launch which means that Wo Long is currently performing better than both titles by almost 10%.

Wo Long is slightly lower than Nioh 2 in ratings, but not by much. Nioh 2 averaged a Metacritic score of 85 percent between its various editions. Team NINJA provided me with a review & content creation copy of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe on PC and XBOX and we will give unbiased context and review of the game. From what I have played the score would be a 9/10 at my point and with experience of the system mechanics. Wo Long has a direct advantage over Nioh in terms of spellcasting and parrying. Overall, it's an extremely fluid action title and feels like another stellar Team NINJA franchise.

Player Reviews

Player reviews for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty have also been strong, but there are a few concerns regarding the PC version that should be fixed in an upcoming patch by Team NINJA. The first one is keyboard optimization. Players of the game on PC have found the controls to be infuriating on this platform, even if most third person action players do use a controller. Secondly, the game doesn't always detect 120 FPS. These are examples of things that the player may have no control over at this time.

If players are having problems with performance, here are a few tips that can help you optimize your PC for a better experience. The biggest & best option for a budget build or even a decent gaming PC is to turn off the volumetric clouds in your settings tab. Making this adjustment will save you 20-40 FPS without lowering other more important aspects to Wo Long's graphical capabilities.

Wo Long's Final Demo is actually a poor way to see if your machine can handle the final build as the Final Demo is a MUCH earlier build. The best current way to test the game on your PC is to use the free Game Pass trial if you have one. This is an impractical but practical way of checking and several people that couldn't get the Final Demo to work have confirmed this method does work.

Stay tuned at FSD for the full review, gameplay builds and more. We hope that you enjoy Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. We know that DOA players are getting cranky waiting for the next title, but DOA will one day again have its time. Try registering for upcoming Winter Brawl 3D or EVO Japan for offline Dead or Alive action and try to enjoy Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty as well. It's truly a solid action title by our favorite developers at Team NINJA.

Last edited:
I'm finding a disconnect between the scores and the negative criticism. It makes no sense how this game is getting an "8" or higher when you read what the reviewers don't like about it.

It's apparently getting shit on pretty hard for the steam version, but that's kind of typical for KT ports. Half of them dont even function on launch.

Were they players of the demo? My key opens at 12 for the Steam version. I've been playing the Series X version until then and so far it runs better than I expected and probably 1,000 times better than the demo.

So far it seems like it may be some disgruntled players from the Asia region. Most of them are complaining about KB/M support being unplayable.

The Asian reviews are REALLY harsh though. Like "I hope your family dies" kind of harsh. Looks like a definite review bomb effort.

CyberEvil brought up a good one to try out the Xbox Pass version, and I have to say that the game runs pretty well there like @deathofaninja said.

I even have the Steam version and most of the complaints is not even the concept of the game like Erik mentioned, but rather the performance issues of the game there (which is of course no surprise given KT's track record of how buggy and unoptimized some of their titles are on PC). There are some random crashes in regards to saving, weird hitches to animations, screen going black, and like sound bugs etc.,, but the reviews might get people mixed up if the actual game is extremely bad or not. If you look through the steam discussions there is complaints about lack of Keyboard & Mouse support and they are downvoting the game as trash because of it when the game itself deep down might actually be really good.

Crazy part, it could be fixed down the line with just a bit of waiting so who knows. I definitely get that it should be day 1 stuff to add/test for optimization which is true, but given KT's track record it's on them and I should of expected no less lol. The game is pretty fun though.

Some cool points though on news:

Last edited:
Damn, not my boy Asmongold:

Elden Ring pretty much spoiled him. I don't think he realizes that not every game is going to be some cinematic masterpiece in cutscenes or level of detail from Elden Ring lol. Bugs is apparent in TN games and optimization isn't their best work.

Elden Ring pretty much spoiled him. I don't think he realizes that not every game is going to be some cinematic masterpiece in cutscenes or level of detail from Elden Ring lol. Bugs is apparent in TN games and optimization isn't their best work.
Just what we needed... another QuantumTV.

Lol he's getting roasted in the comments
jNp4vQd.png

Lol he's getting roasted in the comments
jNp4vQd.png

Comments definitely wasn't lying. It was pretty painful to watch him play the game. I'm over here like "Asmon bro, you have to legit wait. You can't just unga bunga a enemy like you have a high greatsword build in Dark Souls or one shot builds in Elden Ring on first playthrough".

This is what happens when the overrated bits of Dank Souls plagued his mind lol.

I don’t even know who he is myself. He must have fought Lu Bu recently.
Yeah Asmongold is one of the heaviest streamer out there. The guy has a good personality and a big MMO influencer. He'll promote a game if he likes it a lot, especially Elden Ring.

But like jesus Asmon lol, it's not even that hard bro. I posted this vid I made as an example that it's not even that bad:

Comments definitely wasn't lying. It was pretty painful to watch him play the game. I'm over here like "Asmon bro, you have to legit wait. You can't just unga bunga a enemy like you have a high greatsword build in Dark Souls or one shot builds in Elden Ring on first playthrough".

This is what happens when the overrated bits of Dank Souls plagued his mind lol.

Yeah Asmongold is one of the heaviest streamer out there. The guy has a good personality and a big MMO influencer. He'll promote a game if he likes it a lot, especially Elden Ring.

But like jesus Asmon lol, it's not even that hard bro. I posted this vid I made as an example that it's not even that bad:

The parry input on controller is just awkward to me imo. Otherwise I think Asmon was just being Asmon for stream entertainment. Its a good game, but definitely not for me lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD