RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Yurlungur

If they're basing it on third strike which one of ryu's moves are from third strike she'll be in the game(if not playable then she'll be an npc)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
A couple of things. First off, I didn't expect Capcom to announce Street Fighter V so early, especially since USF4 is still so popular as it is. If anything, I expected them to announce a PS4 and Xbox One port of USF4 instead, so this was an interesting surprise. Second, even as a mainly PlayStation gamer, I think Capcom should develop a version of Street Fighter V somewhere down the road eventually. While I understand why Guilty Gear would be exclusive to PS4 and PS3, Street Fighter is a series that has more mainstream appeal. IIRC, there more players playing SF4 on Xbox 360 and PC than on PS3. Hell, even at my university, the majority of us play USF4 on PC and even before, it was mainly played on Xbox 360. Finally, I hope that Street Fighter V takes place after the 3rd Strike timeline. It would love to see Remy in 1080p HD, but I also read an article that Guile could possibly return, which saddens me, because that means less of a chance for Remy to make it back in. The graphics are about what I expected them to be: polished SF4 style graphics.

Overall, it'll be interesting to see what direction Capcom goes with Street Fighter V. I didn't really take a shine to the SF4 series and the last SF game I played heavily and purchased was SF3: 3rd Strike on the PS2 (part of the Anniversary Collection).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Oh shit, must've missed that announcement. So it's very apparent that most major tournaments are going to have to shift to PS4, sans KI (XB1) and Smash (Wii/Wii U). Also, now that USF4 is going to be ported to PS4, I may finally pick it up, since I'm more of a console gamer. But then again, like I said, I wasn't a huge fan of the SF4 series and I'm pretty sure those that wanted USF4 have it by now, whether it's on console or PC. And also, people seem to have forgotten that Rare is owned by Microsoft, thus, of course Killer Instinct would not appear on any other console except XB1. If Microsoft ported KI to PC, I think it would give people less incentive to own a XB1 in the first place.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
ME3050375361_2.jpg

ME3050375359_2.jpg

Thank god, they at least slightly changed the art style. :) The cavemen and cavewomen in SFIV were so incredibly ugly. D: The bodies are still a little too bulky for my taste though, but...oh well.
I'm so thrilled to see DOA and Soul Calibur in current generation graphics. >__< Tekken 7 was kinda disappointing...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm thrilled, to see them hopefully in the near future. Even more so DOA 6. DOA5LR on PS4/Xbone doesn't really count. ;)
Oh, that's what that post meant. Lol, if Tekken 7 is anything to go buy, I expect DOA6 to be a more polished looking DOA5.

CFW

I'm so thrilled to see DOA and Soul Calibur in current generation graphics. >__< Tekken 7 was kinda disappointing...

Tekken 7 isn't even out yet or finished and everything you've seen so far are a few screenshots and mediocre quality stream footage...
On top of that it's on arcade systems and not new gen.

Huh? Soulcalibur on PS4?! Where was this announcement?!

Not really an announcement, but Hoshino hinted that there will be one on their facebook page a few weeks ago.

SilverForte

I'm not the biggest sf fan, 3rd strike was the pinnacle game in the series for me, but in general I just find the game to be way too defensive at times. I'll still be playing this though as I do enjoy playing as Chun, hopefully Hakan returns as well.

d3v

I'm not the biggest sf fan, 3rd strike was the pinnacle game in the series for me, but in general I just find the game to be way too defensive at times. I'll still be playing this though as I do enjoy playing as Chun, hopefully Hakan returns as well.
The return of the guard crush mechanic should be right up your alley.

Additionally, stuff from 3rd Strike is in. Both Chun and Ryu were doing their 3S supers (Chun had her Houyokusen, with jump fierce follow up, Ryu had Denjin).

crapoZK

Standard Donor
But I hope El Fuerte stays. If not, I'll just carry on playing Remy/Guile (Who ever Sonic Booms 1st).

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I can't wait. Super hyped. Good timing for me too to start on PS4. Not worried about my mains & my favorite characters. I knew they'll be there. 2 of them already are (Ryu & Chun Li).

Ryu & Ken are who I play, but in general, my favorite characters are Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, C.Viper, Cammy, Ibuki, Sakura, & Guy.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The roster is what I'm most interested in. If SF5 does continue after SF3, then I want Capcom to bring back the new generation of fighters, like Alex, Remy, Necro, etc. My pet peeve is when fighting game series decide to make a new generation style roster, but then next game, bring back old characters just for the sake of it. This is why I wasn't such a huge fan of Tekken 5, Street Fighter IV, and so on. If you're going to make a new generation of characters, stick with the concept. Don't just bring back old characters just because of fans. If you, as a developer, want the story and characters to progress through a new generation of fighters, then let it. I understand we have favorites, but certain characters have to retire eventually.

d3v

The roster is what I'm most interested in. If SF5 does continue after SF3, then I want Capcom to bring back the new generation of fighters, like Alex, Remy, Necro, etc. My pet peeve is when fighting game series decide to make a new generation style roster, but then next game, bring back old characters just for the sake of it. This is why I wasn't such a huge fan of Tekken 5, Street Fighter IV, and so on. If you're going to make a new generation of characters, stick with the concept. Don't just bring back old characters just because of fans. If you, as a developer, want the story and characters to progress through a new generation of fighters, then let it. I understand we have favorites, but certain characters have to retire eventually.
But at the end of the day, games like Street Fighter are more about competitive play than any sort of story progress.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD