Community Should Crimson and Danger Zone Be Banned?

Should Crimson and Danger Zone be banned because of current game layout?

• Yes... the stages should be banned at least until the community is able to find a way around this.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No... a premium console comes to premium advantages.

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
@UncleKitchener has recently made a point that Danger Zone shouldn't be banned because of the death combo potential (because that's DOA and knowing the environment is part of the game), but Crimson and Danger Zone should both be banned because the levels will both only be exclusive to two different premium platforms (PS4 and ONE).

I think this should be taken seriously because even if the tournament scene goes PS4, we still have 360 and PS3 players that will see that stage and not be able to compete to the level of others because they don't have the option.

Basically... this sucks and this option is not only harming the scene but is actually slowing down our tournament scene growth, but I think Ultimately the community needs to come to a decision together. The way I look at it, maybe Team NINJA/ TK will be more willing to comply with a few things if they see the damage this horrible marketing technique will do to the community overall.

What are your thought on this?

Last edited:

Madian

Banning them for the tiny minority that will be playing this game on 360 and PS3 is an unnecessary self imposed limitation on the community. We didn't ban patches back when the PS3 was getting them before the 360 so I don't see why we would start doing the same for maps.

With that in mind. How many players can't afford a next gen console but still can afford going to a tournament? The cost of going to even a local venue is often the same as getting a stripped down next gen.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Banning them for the tiny minority that won't be playing this game on 360 and PS3 is an unnecessary self imposed limitation on the community. We didn't ban patches back when the PS3 was getting them before the 360 so I don't see why we would start doing the same for maps.

With that in mind. How many players can't afford a next gen console but still can afford going to a tournament? The cost of going to even a local venue is often the same as getting a stripped down next gen.

It depends where they live... and I think you mean PS4 and ONE.

Kohlrak

There's no incentive for me to get PS4. I know they're trying to push for PS4 exclusively so they can drop the ps3 support, but they need to understand there's a reason why we're not willing to jump right over to the ps4 which leads to them supporting the PS3 to begin with. It's not a problem with them, but the company mentality. Sony needs to feel PS4s problems dragging it down before it can make a better system. Meanwhile, TN, if the PS3 and (due to its problems) the PS4 aren't working for you, its time to look at other options.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I deleted the promotion for this. It's a fair conversation to have, but not one that needs to be on the front page.

That being said, I would agree with Danger Zone being banned for sure due to unique combo mechanics that can't be practiced without the stage being available on all SKUs. Crimson should be fine though. Without an explosive danger zone similar to Scramble it doesn't appear that kill combos are possible.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Here are my feelings on this. It's generation-exclusive content. I don't believe that generation exclusive content should be banned as a matter of principle, but as a matter of sympathy. A lot of people don't have the newest consoles. Understandable, its a considerable expense that money has to be set aside for.

That said, there is a certain point at which my sympathy evaporates. They've been out for a year. I believe these stages should stay banned for a set period of time, and then that ban should be lifted with the understanding that most people have had the opportunity to set aside enough money to buy a new console by then.

In the meantime, I'm going to be incredibly pissed off that this situation is even a situation in the first place. This was a dumb business decision.

just_me

Standard Donor
Erm... why not wait till the game is out and see what the stages actually have to offer in the final version?
If there are no special interactables(?) on Crimson, I don't see a reason why you'd ban the stage... you can practice your mini generator follow ups on fuel, for instance.
Dangerzone might be another issue... not sure if it's any real effort to practice a combo that carries over the edge from the super launch.

And if the tournament standard stays last gen consoles initially... that whole argument is void anyway.

Intelligent Alpha

Erm... why not wait till the game is out and see what the stages actually have to offer in the final version?
If there are no special interactables(?) on Crimson, I don't see a reason why you'd ban the stage... you can practice your mini generator follow ups on fuel, for instance.
Dangerzone might be another issue... not sure if it's any real effort to practice a combo that carries over the edge from the super launch.

And if the tournament standard stays last gen consoles initially... that whole argument is void anyway.

Let's say these stages are on last gen! Would it make a difference since you can go for kill combos on any stage?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Catching someone on that super launch requires a degree of practice. There isn't anything else like it in the game. Dangerzone should be banned if a large amount of the population can't actually practice it.

So, I have sympathy for my DOA bros. I don't want these stages banned, but I'd be willing to bite the bullet and do it for a while. Just not forever.

Fighting games are a hobby and a minority population is not given the right to hold the hobby itself back indefinitely. Banned for a while, maybe another year or so, and then unbanned for the sake of gaming progress. Excelsior!

just_me

Standard Donor
Let's say these stages are on last gen! Would it make a difference since you can go for kill combos on any stage?

???
If they release the stages on all consoles that whole thread is pointless, no?

I agree with Rikuto: If there is stuff on these stages that actually requires practice, ban them temporarily. I don't think that's the case with Crimson though and it requires the final version and some time with the game, to be sure...

Guess you could make a decision before a tournament starts.... have them banned by default unless everyone wants them in (if there are only current gen players, or the last gen players don't care...). It's not like you have to ask 300+ people, that should be doable in most cases.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I deleted the promotion for this. It's a fair conversation to have, but not one that needs to be on the front page.

I disagree. This community is all about tournament news, and banning stages is something all tournament players should be aware of. I won't argue none the less as I would enjoy continuing to post front page news.

Kohlrak

I wanna know though, how do they excuse this? The engine doesn't look overly different. I could understand trying to push everyone to PS4, but why? Are the graphical changes that important? If so, why are they not looking into PC?

Intelligent Alpha

???
If they release the stages on all consoles that whole thread is pointless, no?

I agree with Rikuto: If there is stuff on these stages that actually requires practice, ban them temporarily. I don't think that's the case with Crimson though and it requires the final version and some time with the game, to be sure...

Guess you could make a decision before a tournament starts.... have them banned by default unless everyone wants them in (if there are only current gen players, or the last gen players don't care...). It's not like you have to ask 300+ people, that should be doable in most cases.

That is not what I said. You can pratically go for kill combos on every stage! Therefore, if these stages are banned, I don't see a problem! Home, Lab, Desert or any spacious area where you can combo-fuck from one side to the other! Who needs the DZ stage? No one really! It's a nostalgia thing!

But "the actually requires practice" intriques me. You're saying the other stages didn't?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I disagree. This community is all about tournament news, and banning stages is something all tournament players should be aware of. I won't argue none the less as I would enjoy continuing to post front page news.
The game is in a prerelease state. We don't even know the characters and the stage situation may change. You're welcome to disagree but this is staying as a normal thread for now.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Shhhhh... bad players who don't go to tournaments or even check those sections will be drawn to the subject to give their inevitable opinion. Poisonous! Bad! Baaaad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD