Should DOA6 go back to being console exclusive?

Which consoles(s) should DOA6 be on?

• PS4 + PC

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Xbone + PC

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • WiiU + PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 35 76.1%

• Total voters

synce

I was just thinking about how LR will be on 5 different consoles... on the one hand it's great for Tecmo since they make more money, but on the other hand the already small community is divided into 5 even smaller communities.

If DOA6 is on PS4/Xbone/PC, the fanbase is still split 3 ways since cross play is impossible when both MS and Sony are involved. But if they do what Capcom is doing with SF5 (PS4/PC with cross play) then everyone is essentially in one place with no real barrier for entry unless your PC is a toaster. What do you people think

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The publisher cares that the game makes money, not that the player base is split. It'll go console exclusive only if one of the companies throws a ton of money at them. Not happening.

Better for more people to get a chance at playing the games without having to feel slighted because they picked one console or another. Console exclusives are annoying.

HHH816

my view if sony decide and pay koei-tecmo a lot of money, it could be exclusive

just like Tomb Raider went to xbone

Zeo

For those that can afford to frequent tourneys it doesn't matter, but for the general playerbase I would prefer some exclusivity if anything because although everyone gets a chance to try the game, there's hardly anyone to play with because everyone has been spread out so thinly.

Being spread out across 2 or even 3 platforms is fine and standard. But 5 could effectively turn every single platform into a ghost town. That being said, DOA has always been for the most part an Xbox series, so if LR was going to be exclusive I'd put it on that side, but it's multi-platform already and DOA6 being spread across the standard 3 platforms poses no issue in my eyes.

Princess Kasumi

hmm.. sony already own street fighter v next might be tekken 8 or DOA6
I hate street fighter, its just a smash/spam videogame. If I had to pick between tekken and doa, it'd be tekken mainly because it is a more proper fighting game and the game is also very popular in europe than doa.

DOA is not a bad game but it is a ghost-town in online lobbies for european players.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
hmm.. sony already own street fighter v next might be tekken 8 or DOA6
my view if sony decide and pay koei-tecmo a lot of money, it could be exclusive
just like Tomb Raider went to xbone
That being said, DOA has always been for the most part an Xbox series, so if LR was going to be exclusive I'd put it on that side.

Unfortunately, and that's being said by someone, who loves DOA dearly, a DOA game isn't the system seller anymore, that it used to be between DOA2-DOA3. You can't compare it with the ever popular Street Fighter or yet again popular Tomb Raider. The DOA series had it's heyday...and it might come again...but not right now. I learn that more and more. :( Compared to other fighting games, the DOA competitive community is apparently pretty small, on the biggest, most popular tournaments it's missing and most people I talk to, don't know of it (but they know of Tekken, Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter) or when they know of it, they know it for being "perverted". Neither Sony, Microsoft nor Nintendo would at this point pay millions to have it as a platform exclusive. So DOA6 will very likely be on PS4+Xbone+PC+maybe the upcoming Nintendo console. But that's alright with me. :/

Grimace

Why would you not want it console exclusive assuming you have the console already it will be on?

Dead or alive 2u/3/4 only looked as good as they did because they were able to optimize stuff for the specific console, if those games were cross platform I can garuntee they would not have been as polished.

Simply put, dev time into 2 or more consoles takes more resources than dev time for 1 console.

Ideally I'd like a ps4/pc exclusive type of deal, as like I said in my first line, I already have a ps4.

David Gregg

USF4 was spread across 4 consoles and it seems to be doing just fine. Console exclusives for fighters are stupid. For example, I would pick up Killer Instinct if it was available on the PS4 (and I know a whole bunch of other PS4ers who would as well) but there's no way in hell I'm buying an X1 just for that. You lose potential players when it becomes an exclusive (even SF fans are complaining about this btw).

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Why would you not want it console exclusive assuming you have the console already it will be on?

Dead or alive 2u/3/4 only looked as good as they did because they were able to optimize stuff for the specific console, if those games were cross platform I can garuntee they would not have been as polished.

Simply put, dev time into 2 or more consoles takes more resources than dev time for 1 console.

Ideally I'd like a ps4/pc exclusive type of deal, as like I said in my first line, I already have a ps4.

and if you dont have the console its on your're fucked. whatever polish they add is not worth that feeling that you're vavorite game series just become more expensive by several hundred dollars. if i want to spend a 400$ to get a polished game ill get a PC.

David Gregg

Actually Russian still makes sense. He's saying why would you want to drop a ton of cash on a console just for a more polished exclusive game when you could get that same game (albeit slightly lower quality) for hundreds of dollars less on one that you already own? "Polished" is a subjective term anyway as we don't know how much of a difference it would have really made had DOA 5 been an exclusive.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

if those games were cross platform I can garuntee they would not have been as polished.

Dev time isn't a fixed value. To achieve the ideal level of polish but for multiple platforms, you simply put in more dev time, which is then paid off by the sales dosh on the other platforms.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD