Slip Stuns

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So during my match at Final Round 16 I noticed that :1::K: or :6::K::K: put an opponent in a slip stun on ice/water counter hit. This stun actually guarantees :3::K: which also guarantees :3::3::P:

I think we should compile a list of slip stun attacks of such.

Koompbala

I actually got a question can Bass do anything 17i and below like tina? Unfortunately her sitdown stun is 18i so no free hit into launch after her slip stun.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
his :3::K: is startup of 16.

His only other attacks faster than startup of 17 is :6::P:, :6::K:, and :2::P:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, it's guaranteed. :2::h::+::K:/Wake-up :h::+::K: gives the same stun, though there's too much recovery and it's only +16, which doesn't really guarantee any follow-ups on open ground and I doubt it does in corners either.

This is actually a great find, seeing as he needed a bit more when on water.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I was telling this to a Kasumi player and he was like "That sucks, I'm like forced to guess!".

Oh how they whine when the shoe is on the other foot...

Koompbala

That is quite funny really. I forgot to respond so yeah when looking at Bass' options after a slip stun. I was moaning to myself he's so much better than Tina. Than I thought about it more seen his other options that he can do that you posted. He doesn't have much to pick from much like Tina. It's not that amazing after all. Good but not Game changing.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Added a link to this thread in the general discussion thread OP.

I was telling this to a Kasumi player and he was like "That sucks, I'm like forced to guess!".

Oh how they whine when the shoe is on the other foot...
lol, GOOD. For once a bad match-up can be made less painful.

That is quite funny really. I forgot to respond so yeah when looking at Bass' options after a slip stun. I was moaning to myself he's so much better than Tina. Than I thought about it more seen his other options that he can do that you posted. He doesn't have much to pick from much like Tina. It's not that amazing after all. Good but not Game changing.

Honestly, the one option he has guarantees 90+ damage and you can mix-up between damage and advantage. For this kind of character, that's all you really need sometimes to pretty much turn a counter hit into a win and he doesn't have guaranteed option on CH except for this one option.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What about his :2::K: on CB/HCB? I notice it's a slip stun as well but don't know how much is guaranteed until they can hold.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh yeah, you get another guaranteed launcher from that too. I didn't find much else, but you can get pretty much any of his launchers, except for his slower one, which is more than 20 frames.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Na, not like that. Launchers are guaranteed on the slip version of the :2::K: stun, but the opponent will be kept in the standing state, so you can get a guaranteed :3::3::P:, :7::K: or :8::K:. That's pretty much it, really.

:2::K: is 16i
:1::K: is 18i

Koompbala

Well when you put it that way 3x9 is 27 add a 0 to that make it 3x90 thats exactly 270 the health I'd say 3 slip stuns in one round = death is pretty good odds. okay I'm jealous again.

Edit: I'm loving this info if I decide to pick him up. Actually I most likely will eventually.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD