DOA6 Special dialogue before & after fights

Night.Raider

So DOA has pretty much always been lacking when it comes to special dialogues between fighters (minus tag teams), and DOA6 made an attempt to improve on that aspect.
But what do you think of how far they actually went? Personally I'm still not a fan of their approach to it, whether or not DLC characters are involved. There's plenty of room for improvement since certain characters still use generic lines or responses when facing characters they do in fact know. Would certainly be nice if there was more attention paid to this area than in story mode or something, since so many other fighting games usually get this portion right.

As far as DLC characters go, why does Rachel talk to the DOA ninja characters (aka everyone besides Ryu & Mai) as if they're fiends or something during the intro, but afterwards her special dialogue is to thank them for a satisfying battle? Seems weird.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So DOA has pretty much always been lacking when it comes to special dialogues between fighters (minus tag teams), and DOA6 made an attempt to improve on that aspect.
But what do you think of how far they actually went? Personally I'm still not a fan of their approach to it, whether or not DLC characters are involved. There's plenty of room for improvement since certain characters still use generic lines or responses when facing characters they do in fact know. Would certainly be nice if there was more attention paid to this area than in story mode or something, since so many other fighting games usually get this portion right.

As far as DLC characters go, why does Rachel talk to the DOA ninja characters (aka everyone besides Ryu & Mai) as if they're fiends or something during the intro, but afterwards her special dialogue is to thank them for a satisfying battle? Seems weird.
I think for what it is, they did good giving characters unique quotes against each other although for some characters like Kasumi and Phase and others, they could have at least given them a unique intro and outro but I feel the game was rushed in the intro and outro dialogue area so that's to be expected although they could have used some LR tag lines for more diverse interactions.

And Rachel talks to them because they're not ordinary humans like the rest of the cast and they're basically super human, Ryu especially so she naturally looks at them that way. Same with her Satisfying fight, it was more or less a good fight for her compared to the rest of the cast who are all just humans to her. She even asks Mai if she's stronger than a fiend too

Night.Raider

I think for what it is, they did good giving characters unique quotes against each other although for some characters like Kasumi and Phase and others, they could have at least given them a unique intro and outro but I feel the game was rushed in the intro and outro dialogue area so that's to be expected although they could have used some LR tag lines for more diverse interactions.

And Rachel talks to them because they're not ordinary humans like the rest of the cast and they're basically super human, Ryu especially so she naturally looks at them that way. Same with her Satisfying fight, it was more or less a good fight for her compared to the rest of the cast who are all just humans to her. She even asks Mai if she's stronger than a fiend too
It would be their first full-on effort after trying it in DOA5 for only one character (Ayane) as well as the related character tag teams. But it's been a thing since long before 5 in the general fighting game scene.

But it's strange, they aren't fiends either & she talks to them as if they're enemies & she's going to hunt/kill them or something. Even to Ayane and Momiji both of whom she calls by name in DOA5U/LR tag mode (& actually knows in NG). Almost as if she doesn't know who they are.
Meanwhile her interaction lines with Ryu are rather normal, one being excitement at being able to spar with Ryu, & the other just saying "Here I come". The victory line seems to be playfully asking Ryu what he thinks of her power.
For Mai & Kula she has the highest amount of lines though, more or less the same but the tone is much better & more amicable than what she says to the DOA ninja characters.

On the other side however, they could have at least prepared responses to the DLC characters, so it doesn't appear awkward.

Additionally, some of the animations don't even match the new dialogue since they're still the same ones, could have worked on new animations for the NG characters rather than just the KOF ones.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD