System Status Types: "Jumping"

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
Okay, I know this is a relatively small subject.
I don't know if this was also a reoccurring issue in past games. But why the heck are we still getting hit out of the air from LOW SWEEPS, when were supposed to be in mid air?
Another example being Ayane's 7P (the flip thingy), if she gets hit MID AIR... she suddenly is back on the ground in a standing stun ಠ_ಠ ....

Isn't it a bit... awkward?

CFW

I honestly hate this so much. I can't do Nyotengu's 9P while someone is grounded because they can just do wake up low kick. It's so annoying.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I honestly hate this so much. I can't do Nyotengu's 9P while someone is grounded because they can just do wake up low kick. It's so annoying.

This has always been a problem with Tengu for some reason. Lows would even hit him out of 7PP/7KP.

NightAntilli

It has to do with the animation frames and the mechanics frames being out of sync. Generally the animation seems like the character is in the air for a long time, while with the mechanics only register a few frames as being in the jumping state. It's definitely very annoying.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I believe this was down so that OHs and strikes wouldn't lose their relevance since OHs are slow and you'd want them to connect them to moves in the process of jumping at some point.

Try this to see how it works:
Pick characters that have 7ps such as Lisa, Ayane, etc. And pick Bass as AI dummy.
Record Bass doing 66K at close range on block into BT OH.

You'd find that if he times it right, you'd mostly end up being caught during the startup of your jump. Exclusions to this rule is Brad since he has some jumping moves that are almost instant and at some ranges, Bass' H+K. Now, if it's strikes we're talking about, then yeah, there are some cases where some lows can beat out low crushes due to either hitboxes which are big enough or the low crush windows not being instant or quick enough to evade a 2p.

I think this can be remedied by bring back hops, because that's one instance where I didn't think it was a good idea to remove a core mechanic from the fighting engine.

Saber

Or make jumps work like how they're animated. I mean, really, if high crushes can have the character crouch for the entirety of the move from start to finish, then so can jumping moves. Why make jumps something that must be timed when crouches are not? Not to mention hitting someone out of a jump is HiC.

Intelligent Alpha

The way I see it, the frames are too long when you're coming down! Players think they are the shit with Momiji with her ridiculous air shenanigans! Yet, 2H+K all day! Now, tbf, no character other than Alpha can immediately ground himself/herself. (:h: )

Keep this in mind as I make this point: Stay out of the fucking air! (Alpha included). When done, you won't get hit by AAs or A2As. Lows are the least suspecting attacks to be used as such!

Alpha's 4K6K - nowhere near the top of the screen, but wait til she stops spinning and comes down naturally (sans the :h: input). 8KKKK - even higher, but if she comes down naturally.

The idea of safety when playing vertically is preposterous!

Chances of avoiding 2H+K from Alpha are much greater when all you have to do is hit 2H vs. three options you can get hit out of the air with (six in all).

I'll list Alpha's A2A and/or AAs:

2H+K ...
8K (KKK)
4K/6K
4K6K
P
BURST/RUSH
2P
T/33T/66T

If you pick an aerial character, it can't be any more obvious you're gonna go airborne at some point! I understand the fascination of the air-game, but I don't since it's lost its luster. Even if I get beat, I rather lose to a grounded character than an aerial one or an aerial one playing grounded because that character knows the importance of staying grounded - regardless if they have a limited air set or no air set at all. Look at the VF characters! They have a superb ground/neutral game, This may be why people dislike them because they evoke a skill that is vastly overlooked.

Not a damn thing wrong with staying glued to the floor.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD