Suggestion for Team Ninja for future DOA updates. Hardcore and Softcore mode.

DR2K

I've noticed a trend with every single change for DOA5. Every change is in between DOA3 and DOA4. Frustrating both parties. One wants to play an honest fighitng game true to DOA and the other want to pretend to be good at one.

I suggest they make two modes instead of trying to blend them in together. One that caters specifically to the harcdore DOA players, the game DOA5 was supposed to be, a true evolution to 3.1. And a game that children can play and enjoy, they can press buttons with their teeth, pull off cool combos, hold in mid air if they want.

The series already allows you to alter the camera, toggle health, change the method in which you side step, and even drastic changes in tag mode. It's pretty obvious Team Ninja is taking advice from EVERY single fan and rolling it up into one chocolate and shit cake.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Team Ninja is taking advice from EVERY single fan and rolling it up into one chocolate and shit cake.
Here is what you do.
1. Fly to Japan.
2. Learn how to code.
3. Improve DOA to be the game YOU envisioned.
4. Take pride in your work.
5. Release it to the public.
6. Curl up in a ball and cry after reading on the internet how much your game sucks.

Also, you need to avoid using the words, "Hardcore" and "Softcore" when it's in conjunction with a scantly clad big titty videogame. I already get enough hazing from my friends that this game isn't a fighting game, but rather an animated archive of whacking material. We don't need to give haters more ammo.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-When playing Fighters Megamix for the Sega Saturn, it had two standard modes of play. One with Fighting Vipers engine and the other for Virtua Fighter. Both stressed different aspects of play. There was also an extra bonus mode of play called Hyper fighting. This changed the recovery of attacks dramatically allowing fighters to move at hyper speed with little to no hit/block stun.

-So its possible to have multiple modes of play available for players.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Here is what you do.
1. Fly to Japan.
2. Learn how to code.
6. Curl up in a ball and cry after reading on the internet how much your game sucks.

Also, you need to avoid using the words, "Hardcore" and "Softcore" when it's in conjunction with a scantly clad big titty videogame. I already get enough hazing from my friends that this game isn't a fighting game, but rather an animated archive of whacking material. We don't need to give haters more ammo.
Yeah... let's leave it as is and stick to Casual and Pro.

But other than that, Onslaught is onto something. I'm lovin' this idea.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
-When playing Fighters Megamix for the Sega Saturn, it had two standard modes of play. One with Fighting Vipers engine and the other for Virtua Fighter. Both stressed different aspects of play. There was also an extra bonus mode of play called Hyper fighting. This changed the recovery of attacks dramatically allowing fighters to move at hyper speed with little to no hit/block stun.

-So its possible to have multiple modes of play available for players.
That would be good for player options; however I think it would ruin the online experience.

Think about it. You're breaking up the player pool into three different versions. As of right now, in ranked matches, you often go up against the same person. Taking the already small player base and breaking it into thirds will only leave you in the searching for opponent screen longer.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That would be good for player options; however I think it would ruin the online experience.

Think about it. You're breaking up the player pool into three different versions. As of right now, in ranked matches, you often go up against the same person. Taking the already small player base and breaking it into thirds will only leave you in the searching for opponent screen longer.
If anything, the more casual bonus modes VirtuaPai mentioned could be put to better use as a means of spicing up the single-player experience offline... perhaps become an entirely new single-player mode in itself. Most casuals will probably get tired of getting handled online, so this would be a good way for them to blow off steam.

There shouldn't be any need for that to carry online, as most would expect to want to play the core game with the option of singles, tag, and what-have-you.

DR2K

Here is what you do.
1. Fly to Japan.
2. Learn how to code.

When I say I'm making a game for the hardcore, I'd fucking do what I said. "I'm a fighter not a gambling simultor"

That was the point.

Ghosty-J

I definitely like this idea, but Sly Bass does bring up a good point regarding the online player base. I'm practically fighting the same person over and over again in Ranked and there are only a few people I can connect to in Lobbies, but I don't have the privilege of fighting players that limit connections to 4+ bars since my internet is a total can of beans. No doubt there are many others who could be in the same fix. A hardcore and softcore mode would be fantastic for offline, but if it were to be implemented online, then I don't see online play lasting very long.

DR2K

The fact that TN allows health increases/decreases already segregates lobbies.

SilverKhaos

The fact that TN allows health increases/decreases already segregates lobbies.
The option to set everything to "any" when searching means that no, not really segregated.

We already have essentially the same concept in that you can pick Ranked or Lobbies (competitive or casual, more or less.) If they did it moreso, akin to what you are saying, then I say they should still have the option to search through both, or "any", when looking for matches.

DR2K

The option to set everything to "any" when searching means that no, not really segregated.

We already have essentially the same concept in that you can pick Ranked or Lobbies (competitive or casual, more or less.) If they did it moreso, akin to what you are saying, then I say they should still have the option to search through both, or "any", when looking for matches.

I refuse to go into any room that isn't normal health because it alters the game, so yes it segregates the player pool.

Yes an any search would be mandatory.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I don't think this idea is worth pursuing. Hardcore and softcore modes already exist, they exist in the head of the person playing the game. Hardcore play a different game than more casual players so there's no need to code essentially what is a second game with different rules when people already do this themselves.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
grap3fruitman said:
I don't think this idea is worth pursuing. Hardcore and softcore modes already exist, they exist in the head of the person playing the game. Hardcore play a different game than more casual players so there's no need to code essentially what is a second game with different rules when people already do this themselves.

Lmao, I bet if this were to happen, we will find more broken shit in casual mode than hardcore.

d3v

You can always change it to "Competitive" and "Casual."
This already exists in 1.03a. The only difference is that you need to play Tag to play the more competitive version of the game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
This idea was brought up to them several times in development, and post release.

It's not going to happen any time soon.

DR2K

This idea was brought up to them several times in development, and post release.

It's not going to happen any time soon.

Did they say why it wouldn't happen? It seems like they're trying to do both within one version.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Did they say why it wouldn't happen? It seems like they're trying to do both within one version.

No. However, it has not happened.

Any concept behind a hardcore/western mode was clearly scrapped in favor of tag.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD