Tag Throws

Rapham0n

Is there a complete list of tag throws? If so where can I find it? Also are all tag throws performed in the same manner or are there some that require a specific input?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If the frame data was up in the wiki for all characters you'd get a list of all tag throws and their input per character.

To answer you question you perform a default tag throw with just :H+P:. If it's a special team then it will do 10 points more damage at base. There are additional throws of various inputs for more specific teams.

Kronin

A silly question: It's possible in Doa5 perform default throw also with the special teams (just like in the previous games)?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
A silly question: It's possible in Doa5 perform default throw also with the special teams (just like in the previous games)?

I don't fully understand your English, But I believe the answer is yes.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Kasumi - Ayane, Helena, Hayabusa, Zack
Brad Wong - Eliot, Kokoro, Zack
Mila - Bass, Tina
Helena - Christie, Kasumi, Kokoro, Leifang, Hayabusa
Kokoro - Akira, Ayane, Eliot, Hayate, Helena, Hitomi, Lisa
Bayman - Bass, Christie, Gen Fu, Tina, Zack
Christie - Bayman, Gen Fu, Helena, Hitomi
Rig - Bass, Jann Lee
Jann Lee - Bayman, Gen Fu, Leifang, Rig, Hayabusa
Zack - Bass, Bayman, Hitomi, Leifang, Hayabusa, Tina
Ayane - Jann Lee, Hayate, Kasumi, Hayabusa
Hayabusa - Ayane, Bass, Bayman, Gen Fu, Hayate, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Tina
Eliot - Brad Wong, Gen Fu, Leifang
Tina - Bass, Bayman, Kasumi, Leifang, Lisa, Mila, Hayabusa, Sarah, Zack
Lisa - Bass, Hitomi, Tina
Akira - Kokoro, Pai, Sarah
Sarah - Akira, Pai, Tina
Bass - Ayane, Bayman, Gen Fu, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Lisa , Mila, Rig, Tina, Zack
Leifang - Helena, Jann Lee, Pai, Tina
Hitomi - Hayate, Kokoro, Leifang, Zack
Hayate - Brad Wong, Christie, Hayabusa
Gen Fu - Ayane, Bass, Bayman, Brad Wong, Eliot, Helena, Kasumi, Leifang, Tine, Hayabusa, Zack
Pai - Akira, Sarah, Leifang

A list of all the possible basic Tag Throw combinations. Grabbed this from somewhere and filled in the missing ones I know of. List is only of Basic Tag Throws, the person that is being paired is leading/executing the throw. When going through these remember that not all of these combos are Basic Tag Throws (H+P). If you see some (like Bayman and Hayabusa) that have one missing while the other has the person there then there is a special throw needed to execute the Tag Throw.

An example of one of the Special Tag Throws Mr. Wah was talking about (and that has been implemented since forever ago) is Bayman and Hayabusa. With Bayman use 33H+P (Or H+P out of Tank Roll) and catch the opponent in the throw and watch what happens. If you try to do a normal Tag Throw with Bayman you will get a basic "I'm not a pair with you" Tag Throw instead while Haybusa can do a basic Tag Throw.

On the subject of Tag Throws I preferred the old 66H+P+K/4H+P+K Throws over replacing a basic neutral throw. I have a bigger feeling of control with that system over "Oops, by the way you are back in again because I messed up a throw command."

Kronin

I don't fully understand your English, But I believe the answer is yes.

Sorry, what I wanted say was: if I'm not wrong in the previous games also the special tag teams (i.e. Kasumi-Hayabusa) had the possibility to make simple tag throw between them (and not necessarily their particular ones): I was asking if this is possible also in Doa5 and through what combinations of imputs.

Rapham0n

XZero264:
The thing is not everyone has been playing this series since "forever ago". Some of us (like me for example) only started playing the DOA series recently. It would have been nice if the game developers had taken this into consideration when designing the game. Especially since this is the first DOA game to be released on a SONY console in ages. (Yes, I'm on PS3). Tekken Tag Tournament 2 does an infinitely better job at teaching newbies the ropes than DOA5 does.

Anyway, thanks for the list.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I understand what you mean.
5 is the first console DOA game I have actually owned since 2002 (never owned an Xbox) and with the way video games are bought, sold, and marketed in this age (across all ages and console/series experiences) it is expected that there will be people who jump in blind at the newest entry of a lot of game series because of said marketing or interest.
In no way am I insinuating that there are things that "you should know because it has been this way since X time ago" because there are some things myself I am still learning about when it comes to DOA because I have been out of the modern DOA combat-loop for such a long time (4 point hold system had me screwed over for a couple weeks).
More or less is something I am sorry for pointing out, it was just one of those things that just stands out to me that I usually assume people know about coming from the "past game players" perspective (something I continuously need to work on).

Rapham0n

So after the help of a friend and a whole bunch of testing here is a list of special tag throws that I have found so far:

NOTES:
#1: In most cases special tag throws are done with just a normal neutral throw (:H+P:). In fact the only one that I have found so far that is different is the tag throw between Bayman and Hayabusa, when Bayman is on point.
#2: The character whose name is in bold text is the character that has to be on point for the tag throw to work.
#3: When a name is in blue text this means there are two different tag throws with this character. In most cases in order to do the second tag throw you need to use a forward throw (:6::+: :H+P:). IIRC there is one or two of the secondary tag throws that require a forward, forward throw (:6::6::+: :H+P:), but that is very rare. 99% of all the secondary tag throws are done with :6::+::H+P: as far as I can tell. Very few require :6::6::+::H+P:.
#4: When a name is in red text this means the tag throw requires a special throw input.

And now on to the list:

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 SPECIAL TAG THROWS:
Ayane - Hayate, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Ryu Hayabusa,
Bass Armstrong - Tina Armstrong, Ayane, Bayman, Jann Lee, Gen Fu, Kasumi, Zack, La Mariposa, Mila, Rig,
Bayman - Christie, Zack, Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong, Gen Fu, Ryu Hayabusa,
Brad Wong - Eliot, Kokoro, Zack, Gen Fu,
Christie - Bayman, Hitomi, Helena Douglas,
Eliot - Brad Wong, Leifang, Gen Fu,
Hayate - Ayane, Ryu Hayabusa, Christie, Brad Wong,
Helena Douglas - Christie, Gen Fu, Leifang, Kasumi, Ryu Hayabusa, Kokoro,
Hitomi - Kokoro, Zack, Hayate, Leifang,
Jann Lee - Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa, Bayman, Gen Fu, Rig,
Kasumi - Ryu Hayabusa, Brad Wong, Hitomi, Ayane, Helena Douglas, Bass Armstrong, Zack,
Kokoro - Hitomi, La Mariposa, Eliot, Ayane, Hayate, Helena Douglas, Akira Yuki,
La Mariposa (Lisa) - Tina Armstrong, Bass Armstrong, Hitomi,
Leifang - Jann Lee, Helena Douglas, Tina Armstrong, Hitomi,
Mila - Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong,
Rig - Bass Armstrong, Jann Lee,
Ryu Hayabusa - Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate, Gen Fu, Bayman, Bass Armstrong, Jann Lee, Tina Armstrong,
Tina Armstrong - Kasumi, Ryu Hayabusa, Bass Armstrong**, Zack, Leifang, La Mariposa, Bayman, Mila, Sarah Bryant,
Zack - Ryu Hayabusa, Hitomi, Bass Armstrong, Leifang, Tina Armstrong, Bayman,

Alpha-152 - <NONE>
Gen Fu - Eliot, Brad Wong, Helena Douglas, Kasumi, Ayane, Zack, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa, Bayman, Tina Armstrong*

Akira Yuki - Kokoro, Pai Chan, Sarah Bryant,
Pai Chan - Akira Yuki, Sarah Bryant,
Sarah Bryant - Akira Yuki, Pai Chan, Tina Armstrong,

Bayman + Hayabusa: The tag throw between Bayman and Hayabusa (when Bayman is on point) requires Bayman's down forward, down forward throw (:3::3::+::H+P:).

*The tag throw between Gen Fu and Tina (when Gen Fu is on point) is a combo throw. To do the second part of the throw you have to input neutral throw (:H+P:) again at the correct time.

**Tina and Bass have a third tag throw together, if Tina is on point and she grabs the opponent from behind with a neutral Throw (:H+P:).

Those are the ones I have found so far. Let me know if I have missed any and I will add them to the list.

Kronin

Rapham0n: I need to confirm it, but I'm sure that Tina have also in Doa5 her third special tag throw with Bass from the previous games (obtained if I'm not wrong with the ordinary imputs :H+P: when facing opponent's back).

You can see the attack in this video (minute 5:16):

EDIT: About Pai Chan/Lei Fang pair, I think that they have just a special intro and ending animation but surprisingly no special tag throw (maybe another example of the lack of time for the game's development... :()

Koompbala

Rapham0n: I need to confirm it, but I'm sure that Tina have also in Doa5 her third special tag throw with Bass from the previous games (obtained if I'm not wrong with the ordinary imputs :H+P: when facing opponent's back.

She does I've done it in 5 so to recap she H+P, 6H+P, and opponents back H+P all with Bass

KwonJigglypuff

I want this to happen. It's simple to make, I guess. But it would look cool.
Poor Mila doesn't have many tag throws, so I think it's good for her.
Comment/like on Facebook if you think it's a good idea.
Team Ninja usually reads the reaction on Facebook (they don't really on Twitter).

>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1058084134226052&set=o.126851554085605&type=3&theater

1444536666-leonmila.png

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I like the idea of Mila using her 6T into Leon's Arm Grenade with Mila as the lead.

The double Takedown thing is something we've kinda wanted for a while.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD