Take a Stand, or Something

While I wasn't intending on replying, as I see no need to go back and forth on our separate views on the matter, I do feel like I need to point out a few things about my own view.

First off, I don't see Last Round as a "new game". Because it isn't a "new game." It is a re-release. The second re-release. This is not another installment, a sequel and I'm pretty sure it didn't take them a full developmental cycle to come up with the "Soft Engine" or to port and enhance older stages. Hence why they are only charging less for the game, instead of full retail.

It seems a lot of people are really caught up on the line "it's not TN's fault you bought a different console" or "you shouldn't have jumped ship". Trust me, if I knew I would have to rebuy all my stuff, I probably wouldn't have. But, to me, it doesn't seem worth it to have to fork out 500 to get an Xbone just to have my costumes transfer over. And yes, you will say "You don't have to. Just buy the DLC (again) for the PS4." Or something along those lines. I won't. Plain and simple.

Why not just get it on 360? I normally get DOA games for all consoles they are released on. That's not the issue here. The issue here, for me at least, is that I won't be able to enjoy the "defining" experience TN is boasting about with the PS4 (and Xbone) because I would be feeling like it is lacking in comparison to the current gen counter part. Costumes are by no means a game breaking ordeal for me, in terms of gameplay, but it is certainly enough to bother me to the point that I would feel like I wasted money.

To those telling me "don't pour your money into the game" or "just don't buy it". That is not a justifiable answer to my problems with this. I -want- to support TN. But through purchasing quality content and not by feeling like I'm being forced to repurchase things I already have bought.

You can over analyze this, go in circles and make this about me all day long. But the bottom line is, I haven't spent near as much on DLC as some other people I know. And I didn't just start up this petition out of childish reasoning or bitterness. I started this because I had hope that the DOA community would take a moment to see things from others point of views. I accept the fact that not everyone will think the same. But how long can we bicker before we realize we are all here for one common hobby, one common love for a game many of us have been playing for a long time.

I'm not demanding TN give us everything for nothing. I would gladly pay full retail for a DOA5 version that was like DOA2U. I would walk right through the doors of my local game shop, plop 60+tax for LR with the biggest smile on my face if they would include the DLC in the game. They could even go crazy and make more DLC, so people could buy more, I'm fine with that!

But I am -sick- of this greedy business standpoint TN is taking. I will get LR, I am sure of it. But I will -not- drop a single dollar directly at Koei or TN if they don't acknowledge this issue, along with the others many players are crying out about. You guys can flame at me, or what not. Or we can make it known to TN that we expect better from them. They aren't Capcom, they aren't Microsoft, EA or any of those developers that drop yearly repeats of the same old same old. These are the guys that made the games we spent out teen years, hell even childhood years, playing and loving. And I don't want that to change.

That is what this is about. Don't mistake it.

just_me

Standard Donor
To be honest... if they made some new stages and cut some current ones, dish out a 60 sec cinematic (in game engine nowadays I guess) at the end of arcade for each character, remove the story mode entirely along with the VF chars and reduce the available outfits down to 2 with 1-5 more to unlock per character... they could very well call this DoA6 and apparently no one would complain that DLC does not carry over (because new installment and not re-release)
Oh... I forgot changing the look and feel of the UI and not release it on the last(or still current?) gen at all.

They do what they can to carry over your DLC, if you stick to the same console brand, and looks like some 5U DLC will be unlockable (or unlocked...) content in LR... probably the unpopular stuff, so if you play a male character you'll be fine :p

Guess there are a bunch of reasons to call TN greedy, but that is not one of them... imho at least.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Honestly, correct me if I'm wrong here, but, since when has DLC been transferable between two completely different consoles that are also competing with each other? It's like someone complaining that their Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII DLC that they purchased for Xbox 360 wont transfer over to the PlayStation 3.

The DLC you purchase on the 360 shouldn't, and probably will never transfer over to PS4. Why? Well for one, your DLC is on your Xbox Live account, not your PlayStation Account. Purchased on two different systems in two different marketplaces.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but, this whole thing is just ridiculous, in my opinion. It's your own fault that this happened and you can't put the blame on Team Ninja for something like this. You're either just gonna have to suck it up and buy all the DLC you previously owned again for PS4 or just not buy it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD