Team Ninja being split into two (NON-Ninja) Teams

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I believe this is relevant to us all ...

http://kotaku.com/5992222/tecmo-koei-just-sliced-up-team-ninja

I wonder how this is going to impact on the development of future NG and DOA titles ...

Seems Hayashi will be head of division 1 ... no news on where Shinbori would end up ...

Either way .. I find this a bit ... worrying.
It could be a good thing seeing a double in production, if they double up manpower (IF they do that).

But it seems Team Ninja may be no more ...

Only time will tell...

Xernuht

Well, as long as they can keep making what they make, I don't see why not.

Although the name thing needs to be seen to.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Sorry, but... IDG1 and IDG2? I can't see them using that for very long.

Sounds too Sega AM-ish.

Kronin

Like the article suggest, I really think that Team Ninja logo will continue to appear on the games, and that Team Ninja will continue to refer to themselves using this name.

"Team Ninja" will become a sort of pseudonimo: officially will not mean nothing, but actually it will remain more relevant than their new real name.

bingsoo

I doubt this will affect NG and DOA; IDG1 will most likely be developing those titles. Maybe Tecmo wants them to work on multiple titles simultaneously.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Perhaps one team will make DOA5U/DOA6 while the other works on DOAX3, har har har.

Seriously though, I'm not really worried about this. I don't really know what it means, but I doubt they'd randomly do something that would shit all over their two best franchises. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this though.

Kronin

Perhaps one team will make DOA5U/DOA6 while the other works on DOAX3, har har har.

Seriously though, I'm not really too worried about this. I don't really know what it means, but I doubt they'd randomly do something that would shit all over their two best franchises. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this though.

Well, to my knowledge currently Team Ninja is already divided in 2 sub team, one working on the Doa series (I think Doax spinoffs included), the other on the Ninja Gaiden series. If something I think that the division mentioned in the article could be more logically related to this one.

PS: Anyway it's funny like the date for the change of name is just 1 april XD But I think that it's a true news and not an hoax.

Kronin

From facebook the words of Benjamin Widdowson about (thanks to Project Bokuho and Scorpian from DOAWorld):

"It is a corporate internal restructuring not a shut down. Team Ninja will still exist, sometimes It is just easier for them to split up for multiple projects. And internally, All kinds of different names are used for studios. Naughty Dog did this 2 years ago to split dev between 2 teams, The Uncharted team and alternate dev. but inside the company they have a more simple name. Team Ninja will still have their name slapped on whatever they deem a Team Ninja title. TK is just trying to spread the talent and allow input from other members. Remember in 2007 Team Ninja was only about 50 people, now it has over 100."

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Merged the two threads since for whatever reason the later one created in the wrong forum was getting responses rather than the first.

Anyway I'll add myself to the "not concerned" list. The corporate bigwigs can do as they please and Team NINJA will keep on going. If this was something to be concerned about, it wouldn't come the week before a major release. Not like they didn't already form teams within the Team to work on different projects anyway.

Raansu

This is just Kotaku being Kotaku :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if its kotaku or not. The documents posted are still official documents. Officially, TN will no longer exist. They may still use the name, but the studio itself will be no more.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Except for the part where everyone is still employed and they are just formally dividing into two teams. The only major change is Keisuke Kikuchi's promotion. Since they have really had teams-within-the-team going on for as long as I can remember, this isn't a big deal. Oh, and Tom Lee has already mentioned Team NINJA is still as it was, as quoted earlier in this very thread.

synce

Yes there's been more than one team as early as NG Sigma. They're just changing some of the official titles for consistency and it's not just these two people affected as you can see in the PDF. As far as the general public is concerned nothing has changed, Kotaku is just trolling for hits.

Raansu

Except for the part where everyone is still employed and they are just formally dividing into two teams. The only major change is Keisuke Kikuchi's promotion. Since they have really had teams-within-the-team going on for as long as I can remember, this isn't a big deal. Oh, and Tom Lee has already mentioned Team NINJA is still as it was, as quoted earlier in this very thread.

Wow, way to read way to deep into what is being said. Who said anything about the employees or the games? All that is being said is the studio is no longer Team Ninja. This is fact. They are OFFICIALLY no longer Team Ninja, as in, on paper, job titles, paycheck, whatever, they will no longer OFFICIALLY be called Team Ninja.

And people wonder why I get so annoyed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD