Team Ninja being split into two (NON-Ninja) Teams

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Tom Lee, you know, from Team NINJA, stated today that Team NINJA remains TN. Team NINJA is a brand as much as it is a group of people, and both of these groups will operate with that same name. Naughty Dog is doing the same thing. That's like saying that because I get my check from a part of my company that doesn't call itself by the main company name that I'm not paid by my company. I didn't read into anything. You're reading into things, though, so keep banging that unhappy customer drum and we'll continue largely ignoring your drama-mongering. Seriously, you should apply to write for Kotaku. You'd fit in well.

DR2K

Wow, way to read way to deep into what is being said. Who said anything about the employees or the games? All that is being said is the studio is no longer Team Ninja. This is fact. They are OFFICIALLY no longer Team Ninja, as in, on paper, job titles, paycheck, whatever, they will no longer OFFICIALLY be called Team Ninja.

And people wonder why I get so annoyed.

They're still Team Ninja on whatever projects they deem "Team Ninja".

Raansu

*facepalm*

It's sad that you think I'm doing some drama thing or being an unhappy customer when I'm just pointing out a fact. I'm not bashing anything, its a simple fact that the studio is being restructured. The name Team Ninja officially is no more. I don't get why that's so hard to grasp.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
*facepalm*

It's sad that you think I'm doing some drama thing or being an unhappy customer when I'm just pointing out a fact. I'm not bashing anything, its a simple fact that the studio is being restructured. The name Team Ninja officially is no more. I don't get why that's so hard to grasp.
Maybe because someone from Team NINJA itself is refuting that idea? Generally a pretty good reason to not "grasp" something. If this was TN going dark, there'd be a press release detailing where the franchises are going and who'd be helming them to avoid a PR shitstorm. For reference, please see any other studio closing in history. If Team NINJA no longer exists, as you seem to think is the case, it would effectively be a closure and you can't try to twist it any other way.

Raansu

omg how dense can you be. No one said anything about closing the studio, and the franchises going anywhere. The NAME is OFFICIALLY no longer Team Ninja. On OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS they will no longer be referred to as Team Ninja. The teams are just simply being split into two studios, neither of which will be titled TN.

You people are so fucking dense.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You fucking kidding me? I'm dense? Here, let me pop this in here again since you can't be bothered to read:

Tom Lee: It's still Team NINJA. Always has, always will.

Care to explain how I'm not getting someone from Team NINJA saying that they are still Team NINJA (in direct response to the Kotaku article, no less)? I'd love to hear it. If you're trying to tell me that you think that, in any official, customer-facing capacity, they are not going to be called Team NINJA anymore then you're fucking nuts. If your whole argument is assuming that I, or anyone else, was incapable of reading and seeing that this document denoting the two separate teams as something other than TN then you're having an argument that nobody else was having to begin with.

You said:

Doesn't matter if its kotaku or not. The documents posted are still official documents. Officially, TN will no longer exist. They may still use the name, but the studio itself will be no more.

If you ask me, Tom's post directly contradicts what you've gone on about for entirely too many posts now. I know what the document says. I can read that. But Team NINJA does exist as a studio, nothing has changed as far as how they will be branded or release titles, and nothing has changed at all other than something likely done purely for tax purposes. So why don't you tell me exactly what you think I misread from Tom? Or explain how this situation is in any way different from the way that Naughty Dog does business?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
And that's that. I'm done responding to that particular argument.

Kronin

Officially our names are not the ones used for our avatars, despite this we are all remembered and recognized by them, neither for anyone have importance the real one (well, the best DOA players make exception XD).

I don't find so much difference between this example and the matter about Team Ninja.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD