TEAM NINJA Needs to Simplify and Patch Raidou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KING

Raidou is an amazing character and I was very excited to learn him on the first day of DOA5 LR release. But the more I play him, the more I start to see that he's a really bad character.

1.) He's super slow and feels like I'm playing a heavy weight version of Brad Wong or something.

2.) His command throws are almost impractical to land in a real match because their super hard.

3.) His EWGF move is stupid because it's super hard to land in a basic combo and unlike Tekken it doesn't give frame advantage on block and can't be used as a 14 frame punisher. (I play both Jin and Devil Jin) so EWGF comes natural to me.

I feel that TEAM NINJA needs to simplify Raidou and buff his speed a little. All the Super Heavy weights are extremely easy: Rachel, Bayman, Leon, and Bass don't require that much skill to learn. While Raidou is super hard and it's not like he's worth it.

I was planning on maining Raidou, and participating in DOA5 LR battle Royal's East Coast Throw down once I got better with him but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm emailing Team Ninja towards the end of the week......

Feel free to also share your opinions about Raidou in this thread.

TakedaZX

Well the thing is his EWGF is not intended to function like a EWGF. It's a combo extender like Eliot (h3p), Gen Fu (h3p) and Kokoro's (9p) Choryu's. Now would I be mad if he got frame advantage off of it? No. I'd think that's Fking sick as hell and I'd play the character.

As for the other things, I'll have to study him a little more first. But heed my words...

Prepare for the shit storm of you being called a noon and you being told to adapt, and that you're bad and that's why you want these changes. This community is ass about considering other points of view.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Lets be serious i don't care how good you are at the game DOA5LR just came out just Yesterday keep working at it This game is already easy we don't want it to turn into Persona 4 ultimax. #LAZYPEOPLE

David Gregg

I haven't been able to play LR but that's pretty much how I felt about him in dimensions. He's definitely not an easy pickup character which unfortunately will turn a lot of players away from him. And I agree the throw inputs are unnecessarily complicated.

Will be curious to hear more thoughts on this.

Quick question on his EWGF: do you have to do 623P or does 663P work as well?

Last edited:

TakedaZX

I haven't been able to play LR but that's pretty much how I felt about him in dimensions. He's definitely not an easy pickup character which unfortunately will turn a lot of players away from him. And I agree the throw inputs are unnecessarily complicated.

Will be curious to hear more thoughts on this.

Quick question on his EWGF: do you have to do 623P or does 663P work as well?
Both work but sometimes different characters have different feels depending on how their recovery is and the general feel of the input. I'll give him a try though.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
his EWGF is fine since after all its meant as a better Choryu besides people already finding ways to cheat it, but those grabs are just stupid. if you are going to scale execution with usefullness i could kind of understand that, but nothing about it really deserves the absurd input it currently has. its not the best command throw in the game so why the hell is it the hardest?

of course its not impossible to do im not saying that and im sure a lot can do them no problem, but most wont and when you put up an execution barrier that locks out people that is bad for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD