Team NINJA sponsors Final Round 16 with $5000 to the Top 8 in DOA5!

Update: Team NINJA has officially sponsored Final Round 16, and has graciously given $5000 to be distributed across the top 8 qualifiers. So if you want a chance at the money or just want to show your stuff, and have not yet registered, there's only three days left to register for the event. Pre-registration has now closed, but if there are spots open in the brackets then you will be able to register at the door on Thursday morning before the event, with a lack of being seeded.

Shin Blanka said:
I would like to WELCOME TEAM NINJA to the FINAL ROUND family as our latest sponsor. I would like to personally thank Tom Lee for spearheading this effort for the DOA5 community as TEAM NINJA will be donating $5000 towards the top 8 qualifiers at FR16! There's more exciting news coming for the hypest tournament in the MILKY WAY!!!! there's only 3 days until online registration is closed! Goto www.finalround.org and register for your badge and games today! Also there's only 12 hours until the FR16 group rate is closed. Don't spend extra money when you don't have too.

Final Round 16 is right around the corner. It's the biggest and longest-running event in the East Coast of the United States. It's certainly an event which we as the Dead or Alive community should show our presence. That means everyone should be attempting to make it out there. Many of the well-known players such as Emmanuel "MASTER" Rodriguez and Jeremy "Black Mamba" Florence will be in attendance. So if you want to meet some of the original players of the scene, get some in-person experience, and enjoy the festivities of the event then I highly recommend you make it out.
With that said, pre-registration is VITAL to the event itself. Pre-registration will determine the maximum amount of players allowed in the event. That is, if only 13 players are pre-registered, then only 3 players will allowed to be added to the brackets on the Thursday night before the event begins; regardless of how many non-pre-registered players are in attendance for the tournament. So, if you know you will be in attendance, and you want to save a few bucks, then it's highly suggested to perform pre-registration of the event.

Below you'll find the Final Round Trailer and a message from event organizer Shin Blanka:

I don't know what people are waiting on but there's only 13 people that have registered online for DOA5 as of this morning. The massive amount of hotel rooms reserved under the FR16 group rate is not matching up with the low pre register list numbers, but I know we are going to have a lot more people at FR16 than the pre reg list suggest. I just think people haven't registered online yet and they don't realize that online registration will end in 18 days! We need people to pre reg online so we can properly make the pools and list them 3 days prior to the event so everyone attending will know when, what, and where they need to be during FR16. If you don't register online you will only cause delay's in the event as we would have to redo pre-made pools/brackets due to the overflow of at the door regs.

We at FINAL ROUND need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process! If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. We are trying to accomendate those that don't have a paypal account or those that won't have the funds until the date of the event with emergency door reg's on Thursday evening 7pm-10pm March 28, 2013 and Friday March 29, 2013 at 8am-12 noon, but that is suppose to be for emergency regs only and not for those who forgot to reg online. Goto the following link to register online:

http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

There's only 14 days until the FINAL ROUND hotel group rate will end and I added more rooms so you guys would have a chance to get a room under the FR group rate ($93 per night) instead of the $150 per night without the fr group rate. Goto the following link to reserve your room before they are all gone:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

I don't know if everyone realize it, but there's only 33 days until the hype is upon us shawty!

In case that wasn't clear enough, people not pre-registering may mean that people that show up and want to register in-person could find themselves without a spot to fill in the brackets. I'm pretty sure everyone wants to avoid this, so pre-reg. If you are having money issues, you have about two weeks to sort them out and get that registration completed.

Just from talking to members around the community I know we have a ton of people saying they'll be there. Time to put some money up to confirm things, yeah?

Unfortunately I wish I had the skill level to participate in this sort of tournament but I don't. I bet this one is going to be a great one.

Unfortunately I wish I had the skill level to participate in this sort of tournament but I don't. I bet this one is going to be a great one.

It's not so much the skill level necessary for the tournament. 87.3% of players entering a tournament don't expect to win the gold. It's all about the community experience and things that go on along side of the tournament. The tournament itself is more an advertising chance for your game and your community: Both in the fact that the more numbers helps add validity to your game, and the better players can show off the game more.

Before, after, and sometimes during the tournament it's always more about the community discussions, parties, food, and drink.

You also won't level up if you don't attempt to play the tougher opponents in a clean environment.

That isn't a valid reason not to attend.

There are going to be literally thousands of players in attendance. Do you really think they all realistically believe they are going to win their game of choice? Or even get top 8? Of course not.

No. It rarely ever starts that way. It's about the journey as much as the destination, and you can never arrive at that skill level until you start competing. And there is more to the tournament than just the competition. Much more.

Honestly. I don't know why people think they have to be a natural-born badass before they are even permitted on tournament grounds. The fact that this misperception raises its head so often is really disheartening.

I can't help but wonder how many people don't go simply because they actually believe that. So many people are missing out.

Exactly. I've made top 8 maybe five times and top four only twice in the last decade of my tournament career. I'm obviously not going for the money and there are several good reasons why I still attend anyway. I updated the newbie thread with some thoughts about this very thing.

It's not so much the skill level necessary for the tournament. 87.3% of players entering a tournament don't expect to win the gold. It's all about the community experience and things that go on along side of the tournament. The tournament itself is more an advertising chance for your game and your community: Both in the fact that the more numbers helps add validity to your game, and the better players can show off the game more.

Before, after, and sometimes during the tournament it's always more about the community discussions, parties, food, and drink.

You also won't level up if you don't attempt to play the tougher opponents in a clean environment.

Thank you for the clarification , looks like it's going to be fun, I will check it out. One of the reasons why I joined this forum is because I wanted to be more involved in the DOA series and community because of the passion I have for the game and how much I enjoy it; The other reason was because I wanted to get better informed about DOA and things I had doubts on. I have to say I am not a fan of the condescending comments here but I guess that is part of the community too, I used to be in the Army so I can handle it. Thank you for the encouragement. I live in Kentucky and will check with my wife to see if possible for me to go.

I wish I were able to go, if I weren't broke most of the time I'd gladly go. Guess Youmacon is my only option at this point, better than nothing.

Thank you for the clarification , looks like it's going to be fun, I will check it out. One of the reasons why I joined this forum is because I wanted to be more involved in the DOA series and community because of the passion I have for the game and how much I enjoy it; The other reason was because I wanted to get better informed about DOA and things I had doubts on. I have to say I am not a fan of the condescending comments here but I guess that is part of the community too, I used to be in the Army so I can handle it. Thank you for the encouragement. I live in Kentucky and will check with my wife to see if possible for me to go.
Yes everyone is welcome to a live competition. People of all skill levels attend events each year and nothing compares to being at an event live. You can watch plenty of streams but it's almost like being at a rock concert or a true sporting event like football or boxing. The crowd gets pretty nuts and the stream can't capture that hype! I hope you can come out and i'm only sad that you never heard of FINAL ROUND before this year. Hopefully after this event you'll continue to attend and bring several friends with you.

You really should show up. Tournaments, especially majors, are always a great time.

I hope you weren't referring to my comments or Rikuto's with the condescending remark, though. We weren't directing anything negative at you, just that we're tired of seeing the "I'm not good enough" comment from people who are thinking about attending or not attending a tournament based on it. Just a little blunt is all. I speak this way in person too and it's a little easier to read than on a forum, ironically enough. I added a bit to the newbie thread in the Tournament board about this and it might be a little better worded for articulating my feelings on it all.

If you make it, make sure to find us and say hi.

You really should show up. Tournaments, especially majors, are always a great time.

I hope you weren't referring to my comments or Rikuto's with the condescending remark, though. We weren't directing anything negative at you, just that we're tired of seeing the "I'm not good enough" comment from people who are thinking about attending or not attending a tournament based on it. Just a little blunt is all. I speak this way in person too and it's a little easier to read than on a forum, ironically enough. I added a bit to the newbie thread in the Tournament board about this and it might be a little better worded for articulating my feelings on it all.

If you make it, make sure to find us and say hi.
I would make it one of my priorities, the biggest issue for me will be convincing my wife lol. I was not referring the comments that you or Rikuto sent. I think the same thing happens to me too when it comes to communicating in a forum. sometimes I have a strange way to ask my questions. probably is because of my old job in the Army. I'd say that you and Rikuto have been very helpful in making me understand more about the DOA Community as I'm sure you have done with many other people. If I manage to make it there I would definitely holla at you. you guys are doing a great thing here.

Honestly. I don't know why people think they have to be a natural-born badass before they are even permitted on tournament grounds.
IMO, I think it's because most of the people who do well in tournaments are perceived that way or try to perceive themselves that way in the forums or otherwise online.

I must admit, even now I'm still uneasy about some people. Sometimes I ask myself, what will it take for me to be liked - hell, even accepted - by everyone in this tourney without compromising myself?

i had to manual register by sending to an email through paypal, so just to be sure, that means all i need to bring is proof of purchase to the event, and theyll hand me the pass there?

i had to manual register by sending to an email through paypal, so just to be sure, that means all i need to bring is proof of purchase to the event, and theyll hand me the pass there?
That's generally how it works, yes. You have to go collect your badge. I usually just pull the email up on my phone as proof of purchase. Haven't been told I couldn't yet.

IMO, I think it's because most of the people who do well in tournaments are perceived that way or try to perceive themselves that way in the forums or otherwise online.

I must admit, even now I'm still uneasy about some people. Sometimes I ask myself, what will it take for me to be liked - hell, even accepted - by everyone in this tourney without compromising myself?

You won't be accepted by everyone at a tournament, just like you wont be accepted by everyone in your class, or at work, or anywhere else. Even if it seems that way, there's always someone saying some snide comment behind your back. That's human nature and there's nothing you can do about it. But by and large, you will make more real friends going to activities surrounding common interests. That's true of all things in life.

You can't please everybody, nor should you try to. You should try to hang out with the guys you've known for years though. There's a reason you post here, after all.

I used to be a pretty heavy pokemon tcg competitor back in the day, I didn't go to tournaments expecting to win, I went to tournaments for the experience. It's not about winning, it's about the fun, experience, and friends you make at the events. And hey maybe some day you will actually win, when I first started out, I got beat over and over again, but eventually, I know I wasn't expecting to do well at the 2005 new york state nationals, but happened to get 2nd place.

The thing is, just going to the event is a good time, don't focus on winning, just have fun and do your best.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD