Team Ninja Twitter

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I'm happy to see they are taking these criticisms seriously...

At the very least, it sounds like counters are getting a nerf =)

-They finally fucking get it(at Least Shimbori-san). It's not just the hold's in themselves, but how the whole game interacts with each of the "triangle" elements.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Says they will coming out with new info STARTING this week.... so hopefully that means a more constant stream than this last month.

HokutoNoBen

The Ninja Gaiden Vita game is, at its core, just another remake of the first Xbox Ninja Gaiden. Don't know why they would need to go into depth with that one, when there's still so many questions about NG3 that either haven't been answered, or could certainly use more clarification.

Anyway, more concise DOA information would be nice. Of course, they're going to be vying for attention amongst a lot of other stuff that stands to be unveiled within the next few weeks, so here's hoping they can have substance AND not get completely buried in the upcoming flood.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So we heard nothing about DOA5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma Vita despite Team Ninja saying we would. How disappointing.

I did tweet this for a laugh:

doa5wrastle.png

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I lol'd.

Also, you asking for grapplers to have better throws and better throw situations... well, it's a good request, if kind of a blanket one. I'm not certain they would get anything out of that.

Then again, I'm not even certain they are paying attention to twitter right now. Seems our mysterious english guy has been MIA for a long time.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I had just gone through King's movelist in Tekken 6 and I was amazed at the number of throws he had and the number of moves into throws he has. Sort of like Tina's :K: :Link: :F+P: .

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's how grapplers are supposed to work.... Keeps a different, unique kind of pressure on the opponent.

Current team ninja likely has no idea how to even make a fighting game though. Telling them to create more situations like that would probably just result in some hilariously useless moves.

Berzerk!

Yeah, Wolf and Jeffrey in VF have tons of that stuff too, in fact on hit+ throw moves are common to almost all of the cast.

Grape: Your question deserves a fun answer. Your Batman tshirt made me think it's like asking if Ryu Hayabusa could beat Batman. That would get the fanboy blood pumping.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I had just gone through King's movelist in Tekken 6 and I was amazed at the number of throws he had and the number of moves into throws he has. Sort of like Tina's :K: :Link: :F+P: .

Jeff and Wolf are perfect candidates because that's how your doa grappler should be. I don't really understand why the wrestlers had pretty much the same number of throws as the non-grapplers in doa2. Does this change on Doa3 and 4?

Doa grappler in their current state are fucking garbage and even child can do those grapples. Seriously, with the exception of the Izuna drop, non of these moves require any sort of practice, even in doa4. If they want to go all out with the wrestlers, they can add crazier chain throws.

Raansu

The Izuna Drop requires practice? Thats news to me.

Edit:
DoA3.1 grapplers had air throws and ground throws to dominate in the grappling area.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The Izuna Drop requires practice? Thats news to me.

Edit:
DoA3.1 grapplers had air throws and ground throws to dominate in the grappling area.

Well, now that they've turned it into an easy scrubby move in dimentions, it's pretty easy, but back then it was pretty strict and it's pretty difficult on a pad. Mind you, I can do Jack 5's wind up up on a d-pad easily, but that's a linear move, unlike izuna which is not and needs some timing. and besides, I'm really lazy these days. I spent years practising electrics when I was younger but back then.

So air grabs were actually in the series since 3? I didn't know that, since I've only played 4.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The Izuna drop has been really easy to pull off since DOA3 because they made the whole input buffering system way looser. It's one of the few cons that DOA3 has going against it but it's basically possible to just spin your thumb around the d-pad and the only thing that requires proper timing is the button presses but those are much more loose than other fighters. I was struggling with King's even simplest moves, having only DOA-experience, haha.

Yup, air throws were introduced in DOA3. They were also useful there to boot, unlike in DOA4 where they're almost impossible to get.

Raansu

Well, now that they've turned it into an easy scrubby move in dimentions, it's pretty easy, but back then it was pretty strict and it's pretty difficult on a pad. Mind you, I can do Jack 5's wind up up on a d-pad easily, but that's a linear move, unlike izuna which is not and needs some timing. and besides, I'm really lazy these days. I spent years practising electrics when I was younger but back then.

So air grabs were actually in the series since 3? I didn't know that, since I've only played 4.

The Izuna Drop has always been easy to pull off because of the buffering system. Just mash the pad and press A over and over.

x Sypher x

Either as a hold or throw, I like to pull off the Izuna Drop by doing the initial input with the d-pad and finishing it off with the stick. But that's just me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD