Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

1. Fixing glitches and buffering
2. Reset position button being back/select in training
3. No balancing just yet

And the over-ambitious ones:
1. A sound test in the options menu to listen to the game's soundtrack (and tracks not actually on the soundtrack).
2. Making photos/replays actual picture/video data, or allow them to be uploaded online. Or at least the replays.
3. Replace the "win online 3000 times with X character" title with something more viable
4. A few more customisation options: hair down for Brad, Sarah and Pai, no bandages for Bayman, ponytails for Hitomi, Kokoro and Leifang, brunette Tina, no apron on Mila's waitress outfit, no headband for Ayane and Hitomi and no mask for Hayabusa.
5. Random filter letting you filter outfits too and/or an option to prevent the AI from using certain outfits

Sir Skeleton

Increase the speed of ducking and rising! The ducking is so slow that it is just about impossible to block lows or duck grabs unless you read well ahead of your opponent and even than there is a chance you still get hit.

D Glock

Well, that sucks. I've heard some people say that their issues haven't really gone away, but the patch made my life and most of the people I know 100% better. I think certain setups just hate the netcode for some reason.

You aren't on wireless, are you?

I hear ya. And nah, not on wireless. I know far better than to play fighters over a wireless connection. And I have a solid connection of 35 Mbps for download and about 8 for upload, so lag is hardly on my end.

Jin Masters

The sidestep glitch still exists online
Buffer system needs to get fixed(Busa's 33p sometimes comes out 236p) and I play on stick
Getting stuck on a black screen when joining lobbies through invites
Wake up kicks stun should be shortened so that you can slow escape to avoid further damage
Remove slippery surface on that snow stage.. Or at least only leave a portion of the map slippery
Hayabusa's 66p and 666p give me sum kind of a stun. Both moves feels useless

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I hear ya. And nah, not on wireless. I know far better than to play fighters over a wireless connection. And I have a solid connection of 35 Mbps for download and about 8 for upload, so lag is hardly on my end.

Wierd shit. All I can assume is that the game hates your router for some reason.

shinryu

Online improvements, of course. More better netcode. Priority one. Kidnap the Namco engineers, I don't care. Can't Sega slide some of that VF5FS goodness over?

Generally: let me free cancel charging moves. Fakes are cool, yo.

Character specific for characters I play/would play/hate deeply:

Helena: Any one of the 236p+k or same string ender BKO transitions should be +2 or better on block for Helena. At least even. If she's at +2 she can continue her offense relatively safely and those transitions become a serious threat, so she then has the option/desire to use her other stuff. It's not that everything ends mid punch for her, it's that everything ends mid punch and also sucks. At least if one mid punch ender is good then you have the desire to use it, people know that, and so you can mix other things up with it. Really, I think that alone would almost completely fix her problems. She should basically be the DOA Sarah (substituting BKO for Flamingo), and if she plays like that I'd play her seriously in a second. But a stance you can always, always get jabbed out of on block is pretty bullshit.

Another charge move from BKO might be useful. Say charge BKO 2k? Give a sit down stun on charged hit, could mix up with BKO 1p+k. 1p+k is all but useless as is.

BKO 6k needs to crush high or be faster or something. It seems pretty useless as is.

Maybe a high BKO entry (is there one?). Give advantage on block obviously.

Continuing on the Sarah vibe, a hit throw from BKO might be really cool. Something into a hit throw version of her back throw, maybe a high punch. It wouldn't necessarily need to give enough advantage for guaranteed damage but should keep the pressure up.

Safe on block or plus frames transition to backturned for Helena. It'd be nice to have one for Tina but I ain't greedy.

Tina:
Either a 10 frame p or make hold 3p 11 frames. Both if you feel nice about it. I have to hold crouch to get a -10 on block 12 frame mid? It's better than nothing but goddamn.

66k safe on block any distance, and/or sit down stun. I never got to play the builds where it was good, and I feel left out.

Bring back charge 46p. Mixing up with 1p+k and 46f+p is ok but it's such a bitch to space 46p to get frame advantage on the guard break.

Fix the uramawari properties on 3p+kf, it doesn't work worth a good goddamn.

Guaranteed ground throw after the hit throws (6k, k); they're basically not worth using now. Think she had one after 6k f+p in DOA 3, if memory serves.

66p+k should guard break for at least even if not better at whatever distance. It's incredibly slow and you can't follow it up at all on hit, so it's not like it would be overpowered.

Make the roll worth a damn. Something Bayman style. Maybe qcf p instead of p+k or letting you 46f+p instantly out of the roll? I'd sure use it more with those changes.

I'd love a safe 4k but that might be asking for too much.

Bayman:
More reliable juggle into 3p+k f+p ground throw. It's so awesome and yet seems to be inexplicably difficult to hit in some situations.

Differentiate 46f+p followups somehow. Maybe I'm not in the know, but I don't know why you'd pick one over the other seeing as they do the same damage. Tina has a definite reason to go with push or dropkick rather than continuing her combo throws.

Maybe a 12 frame mid, at least? Hold 3p? I don't know if he needs to be as fast as Tina but he's slooow.

Mila:
Can't think of much. She's very, very good.

11 frame 6p would be cool.

More reliable p+k to ground throws in juggles. It's difficult to time correctly sometimes.

Maybe another variation off of 3k; 3k to 4f+k would look very smooth as a combo.

Mount break options after the sprawl and side control positions get broken. Going back to even is ok but with the 2p reset there's no reason to ground throw if it doesn't go into mount or do guaranteed damage (as after unteched f+k).

Jann Lee:
Get rid of that reset nonsense (6f+k or whatever?). At least let it reset them back to neutral like Mila's reset, not to another stun state.

Lisa:
Launch into sun. Or make worth playing somehow without resorting to runaway bullshit. One of those.

Chaos

Fix the buffering system, make sure the control inputs are as responsive as DOA3.1 & DOA4 & the movement needs to be way more fluid because spacting/moving the characters feels like Im controlling a tank.

Tone down the A.I. Difficulty

Add custom soundtracks for the PS3 version :)

Bring back Hitomi's tiger claw :P: from her :K::2::K: combo (its only on DOA4/DOAD) I don't understand why did they remove it. Also, I would like the tiger claw :P: to guard break.

Fix the glitches.

Dacthunder

I think they could be saying team battle is the most possible, but in terms of features I would like for them to have selectable Survival Mode stages. The Wrestling and the Gym Stage should be selectable- what do every think about that?
Buff or Nerfs are not needed at all and is unnecessary.

SilverKhaos

I want a Bass cosplay for Mila. Shes such a fangirl, it would be appropriate. That or give her some of Leon's old outfits (would love so see her in the open collar shirt and romani sunglasses)

Sixmsj

I like the old DOA4 style lobby system for ranked matches. It's ridiculous how long it takes sometimes to get a ranked game going in DOA5. Wait five minutes -> play 2 rounds -> wait five minutes while having to hear that horrible rap song ._. Yesterday I waited at least 20 minutes to play the same player I had just played 20 minutes before..

Doug Nguyen

I like the old DOA4 style lobby system for ranked matches. It's ridiculous how long it takes sometimes to get a ranked game going in DOA5. Wait five minutes -> play 2 rounds -> wait five minutes while having to hear that horrible rap song ._. Yesterday I waited at least 20 minutes to play the same player I had just played 20 minutes before..
I like the new DOA5 online but it takes way too long. Im in the same situation as you.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah I'm trying to play rank right now and I swear each match is taking like 10mins to find one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD