Tekken

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Reina has been the biggest letdown in the game for me. At first glance, her kit looked super interesting and cool. But as it turned out, she's actually really shallow with her power in four moves. Kinda like Julia but even more one dimensional.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, Reina imo isn't as good as everyone was hyping her up to be, I remember thinking she was gonna be hard to fight but most reinas I fought so far one trick pony her more obnoxious moves but it's easy to get used to after a while since most love to mash her easiest strings and not even use other parts of her kit besides the unsafe high crush mid strings she has and that annoying parry thing she has that beats jabs

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
She's definitely better than a lot of people give her credit for. I don't think she's better than the top 3 but the character can't be any less than top 10 when people can't play her anywhere near her potential and she's still doing so well. There are no good Reina players, but there are good players that play her. Nobody optimizes with her, yet she doesn't need to either so people get by with a few hard forced mixups and that's it. It's literally like how most people played Julia in Tekken 7.

In the end though she definitely baited me initially. She has little to no depth, and that ain't gonna sustain my interest long term. That's also true of Tekken 8 for the most part anyway. I've already largely lost interest. There needs to be a serious overhaul in the systems to bring me back but that's not going to happen with the direction they want to go in.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She's definitely better than a lot of people give her credit for. I don't think she's better than the top 3 but the character can't be any less than top 10 when people can't play her anywhere near her potential and she's still doing so well. There are no good Reina players, but there are good players that play her. Nobody optimizes with her, yet she doesn't need to either so people get by with a few hard forced mixups and that's it. It's literally like how most people played Julia in Tekken 7.

In the end though she definitely baited me initially. She has little to no depth, and that ain't gonna sustain my interest long term. That's also true of Tekken 8 for the most part anyway. I've already largely lost interest. There needs to be a serious overhaul in the systems to bring me back but that's not going to happen with the direction they want to go in.
I like how the game plays tbh, I just wish we could choose when we want the heat engagers go transition heat and maybe make heat less accessible since anyone can go into it at anytime, I personally don't really use it much besides when I'm forced into it via heat engager.

I like Lili alot in T8 since she's like a hybrid of Helena and Ayane and she doesn't feel as unfinished compared to Tekken 7.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
1713775937172.png

Recent Reviews: Mostly Negative

1713775978798.png

1713776015237.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD