Tekken

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I disagree with Mitsu's notion that this was made to be more newb-friendly. Since there's no training mode, no way to learn anything, it's much more sink or swim than other console versions of the series. So only people with prior knowledge and experience will excel while actual newbs will quickly get discouraged.

synce

Yeah I can kinda see that similarity, but playing by yourself on a PS3 will never feel like going to an arcade. I'm especially blown away that someone can get away with releasing a fighting game without local versus.

Anyway it's free so I do fuck around with it now and then but I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. None of this stat or invincibility bullshit in T7.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I agree with you on the point about versus, but this is a free game and adding a versus mode would've pretty much made this pointless, even if it worked with the coin/ticket system.

Ghosty-J

Played a little bit of Tekken Revolution today and it feels pretty dang good to play a new Tekken Game that doesn't rely heavily on bounds as juggle extenders. They're mostly, if not exclusively, implemented as combo starters now. I'm really loving this. Without relying on juggles to get an edge over an opponent like I usually would, the game often forces me to strategize and outwit my opponent using the new Arts present in the game. And the stats work well for the F2P formula IMO, but I see no place for it unless there's a Scenario Campaign in a future Tekken. If this really is supposed to be testing the waters for Tekken x Street Fighter, then they have a pretty good starting point here.

Also:
INCOMING FREE TRAINING MODE!

synce

A Tekken player that I know on Twitter seems to think that this is a precursor to Tekken x Street Fighter and that the invincible moves will be how Tekken characters deal with fireballs, uppercuts and the like. Makes sense.

Interesting although I was kinda hoping that game got cancelled... do they have another team working on it or is the main Tekken guys? Really want T7 sooner rather than later

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Interesting although I was kinda hoping that game got cancelled... do they have another team working on it or is the main Tekken guys? Really want T7 sooner rather than later
Whatever the case, they seem to be juggling TxSF and the next CGI Tekken movie that is rumored to have Asuka and Lili as the main characters due to the director's interest in making one depending on the success of Blood Vengeance. Furthermore, the movie is said to be canon and takes place during Lili's 18th birthday, tying into the events of Tekken 7... but they ARE just farfetched rumors.

Ghosty-J

Whatever the case, they seem to be juggling TxSF and the next CGI Tekken movie that is rumored to have Asuka and Lili as the main characters due to the director's interest in making one depending on the success of Blood Vengeance. Furthermore, the movie is said to be canon and takes place during Lili's 18th birthday, tying into the events of Tekken 7... but they ARE just farfetched rumors.
Incredibly farfetched considering Blood Vengeance wasn't that well received outside of the fight scenes. I won't hold my breath, but I'd definitely be more interested in seeing a movie around those two since I actually used them back in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (until they were inevitably replaced by the BAMF Raunchyguel). If they ever do this, please let it not be an 80% schoolgirl chick flick 20% Tengen Toppa Mokujin Lagann like Blood Vengeance was. Still enjoyed it though <.<

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Incredibly farfetched considering Blood Vengeance wasn't that well received outside of the fight scenes. I won't hold my breath, but I'd definitely be more interested in seeing a movie around those two since I actually used them back in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (until they were inevitably replaced by the BAMF Raunchyguel). If they ever do this, please let it not be an 80% schoolgirl chick flick 20% Tengen Toppa Mokujin Lagann like Blood Vengeance was. Still enjoyed it though <.<
Just the fight scenes? I had a field day making memes about the fridge jokes.

But yeah, if that movie is in fact being made, the best case scenario is that Lili will actually get some decent character development and be more than just that girl who has a borderline love interest for the peer who defeated her. You'd think they'd touch base about her mother by now and branch things out from there. Hopefully to answer the question of why Lili and her father's ideals are so different. Worst case scenario is that it becomes Project A-ko without the C-ko, plot is forgone, and we see 2 1/2 hours of Lili and Asuka fighting and screwing each other over... or just screwing.

synce

k... lost all my tickets, now I'm back to hating TR.

But with tweets like this I'll always love Harada

And I never saw this until today...

I wish DOA still had that kind of personality, it hasn't been the same without Itagaki.

Edit: More badassery

23o0z.jpg

sVaWbmc.jpg

LoR62.jpg

y4mf1.jpg

Ghosty-J

^ Harada and Itagaki. Epic duo of the year~.

Also, playlist of the soundtrack is up if anyone is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9TtG4ps4dAZzHVsxrBgoNJosSPw76gBj

I'm really loving this game's music. Heck, I really love this game in general and having loads of fun. Probably might be because I became a Lvl. 10 Brawler with 24 wins within the first 5 days of playing. I'm currently contemplating spending a bit of money investing into this title since I've been enjoying it so much. I've almost forgotten how good it feels to play a 1-on-1 Tekken without bounds again XD

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^ Harada and Itagaki. Epic duo of the year~.

Also, playlist of the soundtrack is up if anyone is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9TtG4ps4dAZzHVsxrBgoNJosSPw76gBj

I'm really loving this game's music. Heck, I really love this game in general and having loads of fun. Probably might be because I became a Lvl. 10 Brawler with 24 wins within the first 5 days of playing. I'm currently contemplating spending a bit of money investing into this title since I've been enjoying it so much. I've almost forgotten how good it feels to play a 1-on-1 Tekken without bounds again XD
When's Zafina?

Ghosty-J

When's Zafina?
I dunno if there will be any DLC characters. And in a more specific sense, there's been no mention of Zafina at all.

Scratch that. News came up we'll be seeing new characters and some large updates by July. It's a good chance you might see her in the game after all : P

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
King or Armor King?

Primary is Dragunov.

UncleKitchener

Armor King. AK is way more versatile and works with pretty much any team. King is still a solid character, but he's a bit more one dimensional and doesn't have as much synergy with other characters. He's the kind of character where he can be great if you build a team around him. AK can just kind of be plugged into any ol' team and he'll work fine.
That being said, I don't know anything about Drag, so King could work well with him. I wouldn't know. I'm just speaking based on my own experience using them.

They also excel at different things. AK has better lows, launchers, TA fillers, reversals, and a true wavedash. King has better punishers, throws, damage output, and oki.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'll try AK then.

My first gut instinct was Bryan, but his method of damage acquisition seems...... awkward.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD