TFC2013 TEAM NINJA SPECIAL EVENT: NEW SCHOOL VS OLD SCHOOL (VOTE FOR NEW HERE)

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I believe SR should be in the New School Team as well.
I went to did2 how I
I've only been to two offline tournaments so far, so I guess I count as a "new school" fighter. But anyways, here is my vote:

@SweetRevenge117
@E-Mann
@XCaLibur BLadeZ
@Mr.Kwiggle
Bokuho go vote for me in old school lol. Also shade was probably unaware of airgears accomplishments so threw him in new school. Air gear also changed his name from rockurworld so that's another reason probaly

I need a team of killers and one that I honestly think will take the W, so im gonna take this team tournament serious cause this will be hype lol and get to prove that the new school can and will crush them without being underestimated anymore. So I think steady should be on the team cause his Sarah is nothing these guys have seen before offline experience or not he got what it takes.

but should it really be a 4v4 only? cause the old school side has plenty of players like master PL, SR, rikuto, shade, lopedo, and silent legend. so it wouldn't hurt if we could change it to a 5v5 right?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
but should it really be a 4v4 only? cause the old school side has plenty of players like master PL, SR, rikuto, shade, lopedo, and silent legend. so it wouldn't hurt if we could change it to a 5v5 right?

No one said it was going to be a 4v4. The rules just state you have to vote for no more than 4.

I presume if you vote more than 4 then only your first four will be counted..

In a 6v6 matchup you'd be looking at around a 2 hour max time to complete, not including the time to button config/check.

Julius Rage

I think what needs to happen here is that you need to take all of the names submitted for each team, shade, and spin off two polls with all the names.

Every single day pick a winner from each poll and then close each poll.

Then open a poll the very next day with all the same names, save for the one that won the previous day.

In 5 days you'll have your team.

Edit: plus its front page content and I'm all about that shit. :b

Shade

The competition at minimum will be 6v6. We're hoping to get 8v8 but time constraints may not allow for it. Regardless, you guys gotta fill up a roster of at least six (the last spot of course will be given to the winner of the 16 person tournament(more on this later)) with two additional fill in's in case one of the six can't perform for whatever reason. So keep having a discussion of who you'd like to see even if you've already voted.

The voting is limited to 4 people per player to encourage those that have already voted to get others to participate (maybe even preregister or suggest themselves for a roster spot) and vote as well because you cant fill up a full team if everyone votes for the same 4 people. For the later voters, you'll probably notice someone like @XCaLibur BLadeZ has 30+ votes so start thinking of other players you would like to see. Perhaps even yourself. If you're listing more than 4 players in your official voting post, I have no choice but to count the first 4 names.

For the new schooler's that don't have well known names. Do not be scared to post saying you would like to participate. I play with quite a few of you online, you have the talent, this is the time to show it off so post up. I'm looking at you Jaegar, Visionary etc.

I think it's already been said, but SweetRevenge is actually an old school player. He's been around for quite some time. He just never found true success until DOA5 from my understanding.

From the information posted, it looks as if Air Gear qualifies for Old School since he competed back in 2007 for the CGS combine. I'll edit the posts accordingly.

I will be updating the original posts with total vote counts/new preregistrants every 2-4 days depending on the amount of activity. First count will be tomorrow.

I think what needs to happen here is that you need to take all of the names submitted for each team, shade, and spin off two polls with all the names.

Every single day pick a winner from each poll and then close each poll.

Then open a poll the very next day with all the same names, save for the one that won the previous day.

In 5 days you'll have your team.

Edit: plus its front page content and I'm all about that shit. :b

Edit: I like the idea, but with this community, not everyone visits this site on an everyday basis. By opening this thread now to ride off the hype of Summer Jam and the new 5U footage and having it exist for the next 2.5 weeks, it will allow plenty of time for casual and returning players who to plan to play 5U to vote or suggest themselves. Plus, it lets the lesser known but equally skilled players put their names in the hat and build a case for themselves Polls don't allow for this as they are limited by number. For me, allowing everyone an equal chance to join a team was crucial and the primary reason for not having a poll.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I feel like I'm in the middle of old and new school, but I guess I'm more new school. Only started playing in 2007 and didn't start competitively till 2008. I really want to make it to TFC and if I can get my stuff setup before the deadline I'd definitely like to represent team new school.

MasterHavik

Well gentlemen...in other news....how long is that TFC confirm list. I heard it was 30 people. We need to make a new school vs. old school with the people going if you ask me.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The primary qualification to be in the vote is that you are pre registered for 5u at TFC.

That's really it guys.

Sheesh, new school is so full of drama judging by this thread.

Many, many, posts have been deleted.

Game Over

Sheesh, new school is so full of drama judging by this thread.

Then again, you figure new school would naturally be where more bickering and disagreements happen due to fewer established guys, and more guys fighting for a chance to make a splash.

Yet more reason to consider my suggestion on the first page of allowing some spots on the new school team to be "played for". Let players settle much of the bickering offline with the spots on the line.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
XcaliburBladez
Mr. Kwiggles
SawknikFox
Eman

All four are well established as high level players, two have placed in top 3 spots in recent tournaments. They have what it takes to properly represent the New School team.

Shade

I gotta sleep at some point. I'm East Coast.

Ok so a couple things:

1. I'm not an official mod, but mods are aware of what's going on. This event is me reaching out to the community on behalf of Team Ninja and Tom Lee. So I can only ask you guys to chill with the personal shots and focus on what this thread is about and let the mods handle business when they can. Inevitably, it was going to turn into a heated discussion about who should make the team and we expected that.

... keep in mind that the community will voice their opinion of yes or no over you. So please come with thick skin should someone say "No you're absolute trash etc"...

However, keep the personal shots to a minimum, and talk instead about does X player have the talent to compete against the old school? Because that's what matters, who do you want to see get obliterated on screen by us Old Schoolers ;)

2. As an outsider looking in on the @CrayCraySteady situation, the rule is very simple: In order to participate in this event, you must be preregistered/guaranteed to be going to TFC. That is all. He has done that. Everyone has that right. So if the community votes for him, then he's on the team. If you don't want someone on the team, vote for someone else. What CS or anyone else has done for the offline scene is irrelevant to this thread, because part of this thread is about giving them an opportunity to do something. Also, what's happened on the west coast stays on the west coast. It's up to the leaders of that area to fix it.

Old School Hitomi!!!!

My man! Post up in the old school thread.

Yet more reason to consider my suggestion on the first page of allowing some spots on the new school team to be "played for". Let players settle much of the bickering offline with the spots on the line.

That is in fact exactly what I said in the original post. It's very tough for new schoolers to simply just get votes unlike the old school thread. Although we can't do it offline, because we won't have the time. The dates just haven't been announced yet.

How does the community feel about (SKILL WISE ONLY):

Jaegar
BlackberryChaos (hasn't registered/guaranteed to go but posted about wanting to)
MasterHavik (hasn't registered/guaranteed to go but posted about wanting to)

As potential candidates? If I missed a name let me know. Remember you guys need 6 minimum with 2 fill ins.

Where are the rest of the New Schoolers? Don't make me start calling you guys out. This thread has 1400+ views. It can't ALL be from the West Coast drama. They're only like 15 guys deep #friendlyshotsfired.

Lastly, the total vote count will be posted later today as I said yesterday, I just wanted to post this quickly since the thread escalated.

Last edited:

Game Over

That is in fact exactly what I said in the original post. It's very tough for new schoolers to simply just get votes unlike the old school thread. Although we can't do it offline, because we won't have the time. The dates just haven't been announced yet.

Oh, my bad. I entirely missed that in the OP here, thinking it was similar (with minor variation) to the OP in the Vets thread for this, which doesn't feature a tournament for open spots as part of the process.

That said, I can understand the choice to do it online, given time constraints at the actual event. Would've been nice if it could've been done offline.

-Nai-

Xcal
Emann
Kwiggle
SomewhatMental

first alt-Sonic Foxx
second-BC

reasons up later

#DontFeedTheClowns

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD