That Annoying Moment....

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Where you realize that Lisa's (BT) T is a high throw and whiffs on Low Holds....

I dont mind that High Throws whiff against Low holds at all

It just bothers me that her Throw that LOOKS like it should hit Low....hits High instead.....

I kinda wanna punch the genius who came up with that awesome idea lol.

/salt

Batcommander

It was always like that. The good news is that at least it tracks, and i think they increased the range in 5.

i would actually like it to become an OH, now that would make it wonderfully awesome.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Yeah I do recall that it happened in 4 also...
gosh i havent played 4 in years

If it were an OH I would jizz myself

Batcommander

Nah, seriously there's almost no reason to crouch against a BT Lisa. Her only two low moves are slow enough to block or hold on reaction, so it's not really practical imo.

If you're not stunned and Lisa is BT and close to you, throw your fastest mid at her, she can't do shit against it except block. What she needs is some evasion or sabakis from BT to deal with mids, then we would have a stance that could possibly crush every type of move like Sarah's flamingo; it would still require correct guessing on the players part tho, but i'd take that over what we have now.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Btw i dont think i introduced myself to you guys in this subforum.

Im gruff. I mainly use lisa but im planning on maining all grapplers and my other favorite, zack
i love grappler styles in games especially doa

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
That throw actually works out for me fine. It especially good when people expects a BT4 P, or 7K. It's also faster than doing 8F+P, which people also sometime expect when they look to alternate between a crouch, or a mid counter. It's a faster alternative, and works out on hi counters. Plus like mentioned before the range is pretty good.

ailingeternity

Sooo.....why doesnt lisa have a ground throw again? Lol.
I don't feel she is wholly a grappler, while her damage from her throws and OH's are stellar they're designed to punish those that make the wrong choices, a ground throw would be great to net some better guaranteed damage but she'll become more like a slower Tina that way. A general Lisa is all about using her range for CH hunting and then making the choice whether to predict a hold and punish with her throws or to take a chance and extend her combos, guaranteed damage is a rarity for her.

Doa_Eater

Sooo.....why doesnt lisa have a ground throw again? Lol.

That's a total overpowered character as she can use the air throw from juggles(Tina cant) and the damage is much bigger then Tina's normal air throw.

If you really like ground throws for Lisa she needs to lose 50% from the air throw as it is basically guaranteed from the air throw (not really but online yes) and 20% percent damage from strikes and offensive holds. Basically what you want is doa3 tina for doa5 lisa and you cannot have that for online.

Batcommander

I seriously think that if they just buffed the speed on a lot of moves, it could seriously fix this character. She has enough tools, they're just pathetically slow.

I mean, she has so many moves that are over 20 frames--that's ridiculous in a game with 9 frame jabs and 5 frame throws, and holds to boot. And now we have sidesteps. Even in VF, that would be slow as shit. Imagine Carrera if all the followups were around 14-16 frames:)

Hell, the moves that are 20+ should at least be unholdable from neutral, i think that would help a lot too.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Really I don't really call buffs for her because my Lisa is pretty sick and unless I'm dealing with lag I do pretty well. I'm really waiting to compete offline before I call buff because most players don't see how good Lisa is so its hard for me to see if they even know what is bad about her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD