Standard Donor
FFXV in 8k (supersampled to a smaller resolution):

40097487705_4eb775bcff_o.jpg

40886200521_9a956644ef_o.jpg

40097488175_4094ee841e_o.jpg

6361995754523609191174096363_Yum-GIF.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On GDC (Game Developers Conference) developers managed to push what's possible on PS4 Pro:

Real-time demo of Book of the Dead on PS4 Pro:

Lost Soul Aside gameplay in 60fps on PS4 Pro:

Jadeinchains

On GDC (Game Developers Conference) developers managed to push what's possible on PS4 Pro:

Real-time demo of Book of the Dead on PS4 Pro:

Lost Soul Aside gameplay in 60fps on PS4 Pro:

I haven't heard of "book of the dead" but wow those graphics are incredible, That forest looks so lush and beautiful. Haven't heard of Lost soul aside either but It looked really nice too.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dragon Quest XI finally arrives in the West in September! :D It now offers voice acting and a camera mode, "allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail."

Announcement trailer:

Gameplay of the Western version:

While I'm not a fan of Toriyama's art style and character designs, the game looks beautiful and polished graphically. I can't wait to dive into its world later this year! :D
(I already know the music/sound will drive me crazy though...D: )

Jadeinchains

Dragon Quest XI finally arrives in the West in September! :D It now offers voice acting and a camera mode, "allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail."

Announcement trailer:

Gameplay of the Western version:

While I'm not a fan of Toriyama's art style and character designs, the game looks beautiful and polished graphically. I can't wait to dive into its world later this year! :D
(I already know the music/sound will drive me crazy though...D: )

I've never played or know much about Dragon Quest but In that gameplay the little city/town looks really cute, I'm not a massive fan of the character design either but looks wise the game still does look really good.
(I'm going to just guess that by sound will drive you crazy you mean that loud beep whenever you defeat an enemy?)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
(I'm going to just guess that by sound will drive you crazy you mean that loud beep whenever you defeat an enemy?)

I mean...
1) The overall style of music, with lots of trumpets and drums. It's just unpleasing to my ears.
2) Much of the in-game sounds/music seems like low quality MIDI samples.
3) The short looping of tracks is very noticable

Jackie Chan Fan

I have seen the Japanese trailers and gameplay before. Since then the game is already beautiful. How the game looks in CG movies are the same in-game. Like how DQ Heroes is.

Not too big fan of the main character’s hair though. Erik kind of reminds me of one if the characrs in 7 Deadly Sins anime/game.

The last DQ games that I played are VIII and Heroes. VIII’s cel-shaded style looks great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This might interest several here. Digital Foundry took a first, closer look at the upcoming Dark Souls remaster:

-1800p on PS4 Pro (likely 1080p on base PS4)
- locked 60fps on PS4 Pro (likely also locked 60 on base PS4)
- texture and lighting upgrades in many cases
- sometimes there are apparently some details missing: like bloom lighting, lense flare or texure detail.

Downgraded/missing effects:

NFDBZQJ.jpg

atyLjK8.jpg

Jadeinchains

This might interest several here. Digital Foundry took a first, closer look at the upcoming Dark Souls remaster:

-1800p on PS4 Pro (likely 1080p on base PS4)
- locked 60fps on PS4 Pro (likely also locked 60 on base PS4)
- texture and lighting upgrades in many cases
- sometimes there are apparently some details missing: like bloom lighting, lense flare or texure detail.

Downgraded/missing effects:

NFDBZQJ.jpg

atyLjK8.jpg

it looks good to me as a remaster but I wonder why threads chosen to make the armour more new and shiny looking when a part of it is that t he entire area seems old and abandoned. Either way it looks good though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Spider man will release September 7th exclusively on PS4:

And it looks pretty amazing...

TyTNtG5.gif

8GXabut.gif

OMG, I love Spider-Punk! XD

The game will also include a photomode with a selfie function. Shots made in photomode:

41186246132_86fbcaa9fa_h.jpg

41186246592_ae0a5f009c_h.jpg

41186246522_40305d5b9d_h.jpg

Damn, that IQ... PS4/PS4 Pro games look more and more amazing as we are approaching the end of this generation.

Jadeinchains

Spider man will release September 7th exclusively on PS4:

And it looks pretty amazing...

TyTNtG5.gif

8GXabut.gif

OMG, I love Spider-Punk! XD

The game will also include a photomode with a selfie function. Shots made in photomode:

41186246132_86fbcaa9fa_h.jpg

41186246592_ae0a5f009c_h.jpg

41186246522_40305d5b9d_h.jpg

Damn, that IQ... PS4/PS4 Pro games look more and more amazing as we are approaching the end of this generation.

Wow.....The graphics..Especially in that selfie pic in the photomode at the end there they are so amazing, Okay yeah It actually looks really good. Also love the punk outfit in that preorder bonus thing I wonder what the other two outfits will be though? Also cool in general that it will have a photo mode.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow.....The graphics..Especially in that selfie pic in the photomode at the end there they are so amazing, Okay yeah It actually looks really good. Also love the punk outfit in that preorder bonus thing I wonder what the other two outfits will be though? Also cool in general that it will have a photo mode.

I also really like that the game will take place in autumn with all the leaves in yellow and brown. :)

They said they will reveal the other two preorder suits/costumes in the coming months.
There apparently will be over 12 different suits in the game that you can craft. So even without preordering there will be lots of cool suits to choose from. I'm definitely going to preorder though, because that Spider-Punk suit is life! :3

ShinobiGuy

I’m preordering the Spidey game right now! It’s up on PlayStation store, I’m so hyped! I’m a huge Marvel, and Spidey in particular, fan. Cannot wait.

Also looking for forward to the DS remaster. 80 hours into #3 as we speak.

But SPIDEY!!!

Argentus

it looks good to me as a remaster but I wonder why threads chosen to make the armour more new and shiny looking when a part of it is that t he entire area seems old and abandoned. Either way it looks good though.

yeah what the hell, the ds1 remaster actually looks....worse. The environment looks less detailed, too...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uh oh! D: This is what The Witcher 3 now looks like on PS4 Pro after the latest patch,that was supposed to add HDR and a couple "minor visual improvements":

Pop-ins of the worst kind... :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD