The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

What is your definition of sexism? Something like giving all attention to one gender while completely neglecting another?

L

They only really neglect them on costume packs though.

And my definition is something like making a big deal that the next character is female. Or something like saying I choose badassery over ass&tits (aka a term for females)

Female Tengu

A new stage (Mijama) for DOA5U and the option to change the season via a certain taunt, would be amazing, maybe?
Always loved it when Tengu did it in DOA2U. So little Ms. Tengu should get that, too.

Btw, I hope the next DOA offers different weather conditions for each stage. Would be amazing fighting on Lost World with a storm and lighting going on in the background. Or a lake suddenly becomes frozen and gives players more room for movements/special interaction. Or a wide open area with lots of gras suddenly catches fire and becomes smaller during the fight because of the heat etc.
Or snowy urban stages.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Not even. Past Street Fighter, KOF and Tekken, can you really tell me how recognizable the balance is in games like Mortal Kombat where males are pretty much > females or in Injustice or even in Virtua Fighter. I'm guessing you are the exact same way with Arcana Heart and Senran Kagura as you are with DOA? Recognition of SOMETIMES remembering that you have females doesn't really mean much when they barely matter at times past fanservice like this game(and Soul Calibur and Street Fighter and pretty much any other FG)

Tell me how many people know any of the males from DOA in general (excluding Ryu since he's known in 2 titles and has been featured in a lot of crossovers). I bet you it's not going to exceed a 100.

How about searching fan arts (including NSFW stuff)? It's very limited.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

A new stage (Mijama) for DOA5U and the option to change the season via a certain taunt, would be amazing, maybe?
Always loved it when Tengu did it in DOA2U. So little Ms. Tengu should get that, too.

Btw, I hope the next DOA offers different weather conditions for each stage. Would be amazing fighting on Lost World with a storm and lighting going on in the background. Or snowy urban stages etc.

I'm all for new stages. Also weather changes would be a pretty cool idea and would be a great addition for the future

Argentus

For both you and Rawbie, that's still a transformation, I really don't understand what your guy's point is when Tengu(Banko'whatever the fuck) is just a buffed up man with a Tengu nose and wings, oh wait...isn't THAT a bit hypocritical?

Besides, a Succubus and Incubus's(well, the ones that aren't virtually Imps) don't usually have horrifying true forms and other demons are still pretty damn humanoid anyways as well.

Not even. Past Street Fighter, KOF and Tekken, can you really tell me how recognizable the balance is in games like Mortal Kombat where males are pretty much > females or in Injustice or even in Virtua Fighter. I'm guessing you are the exact same way with Arcana Heart and Senran Kagura as you are with DOA? Recognition of SOMETIMES remembering that you have females doesn't really mean much when they barely matter at times past fanservice like this game(and Soul Calibur and Street Fighter and pretty much any other FG)
There's a big difference between one of a dozen swimsuits on a girl, and a humanoid with entirely inhuman features. So no, not hypocritical at all.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Tell me how many people know any of the males from DOA in general (excluding Ryu since he's known in 2 titles and has been featured in a lot of crossovers). I bet you it's not going to exceed a 100.

How about searching fan arts (including NSFW stuff)? It's very limited.

And again, you can toss that same question to most females in fighting games that most people only know BECAUSE of said fanservice? Hell, you can toss that question straight back to the females who will only be known for their fanservice and ONLY that(just like Arcana Heart and Senran Kagura).

There's a big difference between one of a dozen swimsuits on a girl, and a humanoid with entirely inhuman features. So no, not hypocritical at all.

....I don't remember ever saying something like that...and are you seriously saying Alma looks HUMAN to you? Because she only looks humanoid, huge difference. Alexei looks more human than she does and he's a Greater Fiend through and through.

Argentus

And again, you can toss that same question to most females in fighting games that most people only know BECAUSE of said fanservice? Hell, you can toss that question straight back to the females who will only be known for their fanservice and ONLY that(just like Arcana Heart and Senran Kagura).

....I don't remember ever saying something like that...and are you seriously saying Alma looks HUMAN to you? Because she only looks humanoid, huge difference. Alexei looks more human than she does and he's a Greater Fiend through and through.
Your image was saying Rachel in her purple witchblade getup is a partial transformation. I was contesting that. As for Alma, id argue that her second insectoid form is the full transformation.

Rawbietussin

I try to know and play my games first before I learnt about their fanservice. I didn't went searching for Blazblue after searching out images of Bang Shishigami all because he always had his chest exposed and wears nothing underneath his hakama but a red fundoshi.

ninjaguy446

They only really neglect them on costume packs though.

And my definition is something like making a big deal that the next character is female. Or something like saying I choose badassery over ass&tits (aka a term for females)
Lol but how is that sexism? That's Blaze's personal opinion. It's not like he said, 'I prefer badassery over ass&tits because women are weak and cannot defend themselves while men are the stronger, superior, Aryan race'. He just said that when he looks for a character to like, badassery appeals to him. It's like me saying I prefer to eat green apples over red apples. Am I a fruitist now against red apples? No. I just would rather eat green apples.

By your logic and definition of sexism, I could literally apply it to everything. You don't like the color purple? Purple is my favorite color you colorist. You like being right handed? Well I'm left handed you handist. You choose to play the piano instead of the flute? I play the flute you damned instrumentist. TN neglects the guys on costumes when the girls get them literally every pack? Wow, they're so sexist! People on FSD complain when their mains who are guys don't get costumes but the girls get a plethora of costumes? Those guys are sexist.

See what I mean? It sounds ridiculous.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Your image was saying Rachel in her purple witchblade getup is a partial transformation. I was contesting that. As for Alma, id argue that her second insectoid form is the full transformation.

I know this is too early for me to argue since I just woke up, but that was the general statement I made from the getgo that Rachel's Fiend Transformation we see as the costume is a Partial Transformation from the getgo considering it seems like it was based somewhat on Ishtaros and the similarities between Rachel and Alma and Ishtaros and Nicchae is pretty damn close. And yeah, I didn't really argue that Alma's transformation is a full one since I do remember her insectoid form in NG:B and it's name "Awakened Alma".

I try to know and play my games first before I learnt about their fanservice. I didn't went searching for Blazblue after searching out images of Bang Shishigami all because he always had his chest exposed and wears nothing underneath his hakama but a red fundoshi.
Except do others? It still baffles me most people still believe Mai as just the "slutty" ninja with a massive crush and that's it, people who play the games barely know or care about most of the female characters backstories and usually vie on if they are badass or not and hell, that even applies to the men in Blazblue themselves, either being judged on their similarities to Anime Stereotypes or Guilty Gear Characters themselves.

Just because you make sure to know who the characters are doesn't mean others do.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Lol but how is that sexism? That's Blaze's personal opinion. It's not like he said, 'I prefer badassery over ass&tits because women are weak and cannot defend themselves while men are the stronger, superior, Aryan race'. He just said that when he looks for a character to like, badassery appeals to him. It's like me saying I prefer to eat green apples over red apples. Am I a fruitist now against red apples? No. I just would rather eat green apples.

By your logic and definition of sexism, I could literally apply it to everything. You don't like the color purple? Purple is my favorite color you colorist. You like being right handed? Well I'm left handed you handist. You choose to play the piano instead of the flute? I play the flute you damned instrumentist. TN neglects the guys on costumes when the girls get them literally every pack? Wow, they're so sexist! People on FSD complain when their mains who are guys don't get costumes but the girls get a plethora of costumes? Those guys are sexist.

See what I mean? It sounds ridiculous.

I know many members here and I know what and why some would say what they say. But it could possibly be a missunderstanding.

Let's move on to something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD