The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Member that got banned cause he got into constant over heated arguments that ended in him telling others to kill themselves. Not a pleasant guy
What's worse, he got banned before I had the chance to talk to him in private regarding his actions. If I had the chance, I probably would've gotten through to him and persuaded him to change, since I'm the only person he seemed to get along with at the time. But since he was banned here AND in DOAW - of all places - I have no way of contacting him now.

I felt guilty ever since, but life goes on.

Malibu

39.99! i can do this. PS4 will be ready for it ;3 and cross dlc pull overs. This makes me happy!

So when is Nyotengu gonna be available on PSN?

Everyone keeps asking so i'll answer.

The PSN store updates every Tuesday roughly' anywhere between 6pm-9pm EST. But for me its around 5-6 PM CST

dramic91

Really? I had both Marie Rose and Phase-4 downloaded well before that. One early Tuesday morning (like 1 am) and the other at like 11:30-ish.

Malibu

Really? I had both Marie Rose and Phase-4 downloaded well before that. One early Tuesday morning (like 1 am) and the other at like 11:30-ish.

unless you're not in america there is no way you can do that? and live in a area with a different update time unless you mean they were already downloaded in the patch but not purchased?

But yea the PSN store updates at that time every tuesday. sometimes a bit earlier it depends on whats been added but it's usually around that time.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
When it comes to VA's (anime or videogames), I don't mind English or Japanese. As long as the voicing is good and doesn't suck (like Leifang's), I have no problems. Cowboy Bebop's English voice acting is godlike, same could be said for Ghost in The Shell and several others. That's my $0.02 ;)

Awesome photo! XD

zfQ1ENl.jpg

(from the ending of the Fighting Carnival 2014 SUMMER)
NICE!

Answering the "The trailer graphics are too good to be PS3 graphics" question. Do you remember DOA5V's E3 build? The graphics were better than the final game itself. So, the files for DOA5:LR, will definitely have a couple more GBs on it.
20120305_doa5kasakr01.jpg

DOA5+leak+%289%29.jpg

Comparison of E3 build and final build.
It does look like they downgraded overtime. I'm glad they're fixing that with DOA5: Lighting Returns, because everyone looked way better in Pre-alpha.

She's gonna rape your soul.

1409659732628.png
People are still doing it wrong, I see lol

Argentus

I wish Mila could have a "comeback stance".

She's on the ground, in whatever position. She quickly rolls and gets on her feet very fast, and can follow-up with several options that put the ennemy on the floor : a very fat punch, a very fat kick, a semi-takedown (doesn't get on the opponent, just make him fall by taking him by his feet).

The difference with a wake-up kick is that : she potentially makes more damage and she adds more pressure. Transition should be fast and somehow safe. The concept would be to give her a new individuality and design her character around the idea of "coming back", whatever happens to you.

(ground) :8::P::+::K: / :2::P::+::K: and then either :P: (fat punch), :K: (fat kick) or :F: (semi-takedown)

In that stance she could say "Time to turn the tables!". :mila:
I think her prone tackle already serves that purpose.

I like to think how everything leading to Mount represents her drive to always climb to/be on the top!

Xhominid The Demon Within

She's gonna rape your soul.

1409659732628.png

Nyo knows what's up...

EDIT: Atleast I can buy Nyo early on my Xbox...but it seems I'm gonna have to wait tomorrow to actually play her since the compatibility patch isnt coming anytime soon.

And in Lightning Returns: Dead or Alive 5, hopefully I can get a Xbox 360 Elite or something by the time that game comes out since I'm still using an extremely low level HDD atm.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the compatibility patch...but she still isn't playable yet...sneaky, sneaky.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Answering the "The trailer graphics are too good to be PS3 graphics" question.

People are hopelessly exaggerating... Apart from the new particle effects and the resolution the game looks exactly like DOA5/DOA5Ultimate in this trailer.

Here by the way a higher quality version of the trailer in 1080p:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_dead_or_alive_5_heading_to_ps4_xb1-15804_en.html

The character models are the same, the textures are the same, lighting and self-shadowing seems to be the same.
I'm not saying it isn't going to look better. It will of course (higher resolution and antialiasing for the win!), but not to the extent, that people can already tell from a blurry Youtube trailer, it looks way better than PS3. ;)

Last edited:

Squizzo

Just downloaded Nyo (with the compatibility pack) and she's not showing up. Any other UK players having this problem? 360 btw.

Edit: Scratch that. Looks like others outside the UK have the same issue.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
So, do you all think the game will look as good as alpha on the PS4/XBOXONE version?
I do, possibly even on the X360/PS3.

People are hopelessly exaggerating... Apart from the new particle effects and the resolution the game looks exactly like DOA5/DOA5Ultimate in this trailer.

Here by the way a higher quality version of the trailer in 1080p:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_dead_or_alive_5_heading_to_ps4_xb1-15804_en.html

The character models are the same, the textures are the same, lighting and self-shadowing seems to be the same.
I'm not saying it isn't going to look better. It will of course (higher resolution and antialiasing for the win!), but not to the extent, that people can already tell from a blurry Youtube trailer, it looks way better than PS3. ;)

That's still PS3 gameplay, as they haven't released any PS4 footage. I think that it's not even past Alpha stage, so I believe the footage is 5U with some particles slapped onto it. It's definitely going to look great on release. So yeah, that's a thing. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD