The Fight Stick Thread

RoboJoe

What are the odds of them actually allowing it though? Don't the companies make money off licensing use of their brands to Madkatz/Hori/etc? I figure they would want you to buy the sticks all over again.

d3v

What are the odds of them actually allowing it though? Don't the companies make money off licensing use of their brands to Madkatz/Hori/etc? I figure they would want you to buy the sticks all over again.
At the very least @MarkMan has stated that they at MadCatz want their old sticks to work on the newer consoles.

Also, I'm pretty sure NetherRealm would want to do this since there aren't any PS4 specific sticks out yet that can work with Injustice: Ultimate Edition.

Last edited:

tonyz723

Fellow fight stick player here, I was wondering, has anybody tried the "oversized" actuators made for the JLF stick? I've been considering getting one, but I was wondering what some of you guys though of them, or if anybody had even tried them around here.
These are what I'm referring to just in case some don't know what I'm talking about:
20mm-oversized-jlf-actuator.jpg

d3v

Here's SkullGirls developer and former MvC2 pro Mike Z's on the PS4 allowing devs to make older sticks work on their games.

Mike_Z said:
I've been a game developer for over ten years, and I'd certainly invest the time necessary to ensure the peripherals owned by the vast majority of my players will work rather than require that people buy a new console, my game, AND a new stick. Especially if it would take, say, less than a week of work...but I can only even invest that time on the single console that gives me the option to have older sticks work.

I would also advise any company I'm consulting for to do the same - a bigger playerbase is never a bad thing, and you're more likely to sell a copy of the game to someone who can use an input device they already own. It's easier to stomach a $60 or $20 game than a $200 stick.

That's not to say that there are game companies run by people who don't think that way, but they wouldn't continue to if it indicated they may lose money. If SG2 were to support this and SF5 didn't that would be news, and at the very least I'd bet SSF5 would add it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Anybody want to design some new stick artwork for me? I have my TE 2 and the templates are out. I pay for anything done for me (after discussing it and seeing it, obviously). @d3v did mine last time and if you're not busy (which would be understandable given everything happening in your backyard) I'd love to get more from you. Otherwise, I'm open to anyone that wants to hook me up.

EDIT: May have someone from the DHG forums working on it for me.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
@d3v sure did. I'm not an Orchid player but that one in particular is sick. I have someone that expressed interest in whipping something up for me but he hasn't gotten back to me at all today so I'm not sure what's going on. How's your queue at the moment?

d3v

@d3v sure did. I'm not an Orchid player but that one in particular is sick. I have someone that expressed interest in whipping something up for me but he hasn't gotten back to me at all today so I'm not sure what's going on.
That's a modernized recreation of the OG KI2 cab top panel. I used Orchid since those usually featured Maya or Kim Wu - aka the new girls. That said, she's pretty low res in that one. Not enough super high res shots of the characters going around yet.
How's your queue at the moment?
I'm pretty free at the moment.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's a modernized recreation of the OG KI2 cab top panel. I used Orchid since those usually featured Maya or Kim Wu - aka the new girls. That said, she's pretty low res in that one. Not enough super high res shots of the characters going around yet.

I'm pretty free at the moment.
I'm going to give the guy another day or so to respond to me since he said he'd work on something already. If he doesn't get back to me then the job and cash gets shifted elsewhere and you've already given me some cool designs in the past. We can talk details a bit more Wednesday if that's cool. Not too sure if I want to go with a KI theme or stick with Hayabusa.

tonyz723

@CyberEvil did you say TE2?
Hqgd1qh.jpg

4lH9q8m.jpg

b8HWvNV.jpg

Hey Dev, are those TElix panels using a vewlix layout? I've been trying to make my own Vewlix style art for my Hrap VX-SA, but I'm stuck since I was partially using somebody else's template for the design that goes around the buttons and stick, and it doesn't match up with the Tek-innovations template (not much experience with photoshop here...). Is there any chance I'd be able to take a look at the PSD's for those first 2 stick images??

d3v

Hey Dev, are those TElix panels using a vewlix layout? I've been trying to make my own Vewlix style art for my Hrap VX-SA, but I'm stuck since I was partially using somebody else's template for the design that goes around the buttons and stick, and it doesn't match up with the Tek-innovations template (not much experience with photoshop here...). Is there any chance I'd be able to take a look at the PSD's for those first 2 stick images??
They're in my site.

http://www.d3vlicious.com/arcade-st...tz-tournament-edition-2-vewlix-lookalike.html

That said, both MadCatz and Hori have slightly different implementations of the Vewlix layout and their hole placements don't exactly match.

I'm going to give the guy another day or so to respond to me since he said he'd work on something already. If he doesn't get back to me then the job and cash gets shifted elsewhere and you've already given me some cool designs in the past. We can talk details a bit more Wednesday if that's cool. Not too sure if I want to go with a KI theme or stick with Hayabusa.
Cool.

tonyz723

They're in my site.

http://www.d3vlicious.com/arcade-st...tz-tournament-edition-2-vewlix-lookalike.html

That said, both MadCatz and Hori have slightly different implementations of the Vewlix layout and their hole placements don't exactly match.

Aw man, you're totally right, it's not even close. Hey Dev, would you mind if I put in a request for you to maybe modify the .psd of the first Vewlix style art that you posted to fit a Hori VX-SA?? Yours is by far the nicest looking of that style of art I've seen so far, and I know I wouldn't be able to do that myself...

d3v

Aw man, you're totally right, it's not even close. Hey Dev, would you mind if I put in a request for you to maybe modify the .psd of the first Vewlix style art that you posted to fit a Hori VX-SA?? Yours is by far the nicest looking of that style of art I've seen so far, and I know I wouldn't be able to do that myself...
I usually charge for this thing, you okay with that?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD