The Genra Thread

Kronin

Genra is not a character that give me the certainty to see his moveset back (differently from Raidou and Nyotengu), but surely I hope that this will be the case! However I think that hardly we will see him back, the most likely option for me reamin to see his moveset used from Donovan.

By the way keep in mind that even if this was the first of more DLC characters, there are extremely high chances that they will start the progression with a female character (in the scenario that they will continue even with males later). So if you don't want a female Genra you should hope to not get his movest in Spring, I talk seriously :p

Last edited:

SilverForte

Yeah it doesn't have to be genra himself. I'm gonna start sending team ninja genra related support, maybe they will get some kind of message even if this next character isn't genra or his moveset, maybe the next one afterwards will be.

Kronin

Yeah it doesn't have to be genra himself. I'm gonna start sending team ninja genra related support, maybe they will get some kind of message even if this next character isn't genra or his moveset, maybe the next one afterwards will be.

It wouldn't be bad to start something creative from the fandom as happened for the Tengu Project =)

Kronin

Sorry for the late response @SilverForte

Bankotsubo was requested for many time, however the only real initiative realized from the fans for requesting him was the "Tengu Revival Project" lasted for a month in the Q1 of 2014 if I remember well. Emperor Cow hold a fan contest where the fans were called to create how much funny photoshop wanted using the character of Bankotsubo and then posting them on Twitter and/or Facebook TN's accounts. The posts were accompanied from a special logo on the pictures and from the hashtag #ProjectRevival if I'm not wrong. It's fair to say that not too much people partecipated, anyway still more of what you could think for a character as Bankotsubo that is never appeared popular in the overall DoA community.

In the end it's nothing more than a better way to request something to the developers: instead than spamming them with requests (or worse begs or angry comments), they were doing the same but in a creative way. I can't talk for the effectiveness or less of the iniatitive, but in a pair of occasions some comments of TN toward me made me think along the lines that they appreciated the efforts of the fans during that circumstance. I believe that to do something similar for Genra could be at least something worthy of an attempt.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Sorry for the incredibly late response, as I'm not active anymore.

Like Kronin said, the #Tengu2014 campaign was made up mostly of various images being frequently created by the community and sent to TN's Twitter account, all using the #Tengu2014 and #ProjectRevival hashtags.

The users who most contributed to the content creation were @David Gregg and Kronin. I did most of the tweeting, sending TN the images that others had made as well as my own screenshots or messages. I still have all of the custom content from the campaign. Here are a few of them.

Tengu - Project Revival (non-transparent).png

Golly gee, Tengu (fixed hands).png

Return of the Tengu.png

That last one was never actually used. It was designed by Kronin and intended to be posted upon the confirmation of Bankotsubo's return. Kronin later sent it and an alternate version of it to me via PM after Nyotengu's reveal.

In addition, I had also tweeted some videos from DOA4, one set of which was favorited by TN. And lastly, I also wrote up an entire, move-for-move changelist of a buffed and redesigned DOA4 Bankotsubo for DOA5 as a viable character for the game, complete with new tools and options, with feedback from a few selected Bankotsubo players and enthusiasts. I got very far with it and had planned to post that at some point, but it was never finished due to Nyotengu's announcement. Maybe you could write up something similar for Genra.

I believe TN has stated that Naotora will be the final character for DOA5 though, so any attempts at bringing back Genra should probably be focused towards DOA6.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Nice. It should be tweeted out to TN to hopefully start getting the awareness rolling.

Also, here's something that might be relevant to your interests. A video Gultigargar made some time back. A DOA3 mod, making Genra playable.

It's also possible to extract Genra's character models and make them usable costumes for the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Yeah I sent it out, thinking I should do a write up as well, maybe explaining things in more detail. Sometime.

Found this as well...

I guess some folks do want Genra in besides me after all..

tumblr_noawmd8x8h1s2pb9uo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD