The IA Doesn't SE MAX

Lulu

All right I'm back..... I tested the first two.

The AI couldn't Stagger Escape Hitomi's :214::P: :3::P: and neither could I. Its a Just Frame Link, :214::P: gives a minimum advantage of +18 and :3::P: has a startup up of i16. Thats a Just Frame Link in DoA.

As for Rig, both me and the AI Could successfully Stagger Escape that setup. :4::P: gives an advantage of +21 and Rig's Critical Burst (:P+K:) is i20...... both me and the AI Could Stagger escape it because Rig needs atleast +22 for his Critical Burst.

Edit: okay I'm in Training mode now.
Gen Fu's :3::P::P: :3::3::P: is another Just Frame Link and its definitely gauranteed.

I don't know about you but my DoA (Xbox 360, Updated 5U to LR) Is working just fine.

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I have had a hunch for a while now that a human player slow escape faster that the computer but I don't know how I could test and prove it reliably. There were a few times(actually many times) where I slow escaped some "guaranteed" setups against Rachel and Gen Fu but again I cant do it everytime.

I'm sure its possible but I have no way to prove it.

WAZAAAAA

If true, would this discovery make every single combo video ever made partly outdated?
EDIT: does anyone need a "360 masher keyboard macro" to test it on the PC? lol

Last edited:

Lulu

Well the majority of the moves in the game do have 2 active frames. Perhaps the Frame in which the Hitobox comes into contact with the opponent is causing the advantage to be off by one frame.

Either way I've never particularly liked this mechanic.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm sure its possible but I have no way to prove it.
I feel like the terrain and footing has a lot to factor into making hit boxes just a pixel out of range with weirdness like this. Pros and cons of DOA I suppose. That's my theory at least.

Alucardo

btw we did a lot of test here and this is no joke, this "Super SE" is really hard to obtain. But on the Gen-Fu match up it's really strong (he can do 3PP, FC3P>juggle ) After this have not a big impact on other match up (Yes you can SE some small SDS or stun like Tina's 6k or avoid some CB but the strong stun situation are always here)

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
So I wasn't crazy when I noticed it when trying to fight Rachel's bullshit vortex in Ultimate. If I had the programming chops I would do that 360 masher thingy myself.

WAZAAAAA

3pp 3p of mila not guaranted LOL
I tested Mila's 3PP (Counter Hit) too and checked the frame data. Was Mila vs Mila on Dojo, so no weird hitbox or environment interactions happened.
COM Stagger Escape fastest = -17
Manual Stagger Escape = -16
...the following 3P 15(2)25 wasn't guaranteed at -16.
That's funny because "Throw Escape" set at "fastest" will actually escape 1 frame later too.
Congratulations Murasaki-Dono, you broke the game and every combo video in existence.

If I had the programming chops I would do that 360 masher thingy myself.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/knxney2a7ndnb1j/360_masher_keyboard.zip
Hold RIGHT Ctrl to mash counterclockwise 360 motions.
Needs a keyboard to function so unplug your controller (if any) before starting the game.
If you have AutoHotkey installed, run the .AHK file. If you're brave enough to open an executable, run the .EXE which is just the compiled version of the .AHK file.
If RIGHT Ctrl is a bad button, it can be changed to anything else easily by replacing the two "rctrl" occurrences.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD