The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

synce

Why are stages random in tourneys anyway? People should be making use of the filter at least. Only square, non-danger zone stages.

And let me say I've ALWAYS hated Home. It's been filtered out since like day 2 for me.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Why are stages random in tourneys anyway? People should be making use of the filter at least. Only square, non-danger zone stages.

And let me say I've ALWAYS hated Home. It's been filtered out since like day 2 for me.
Then may I suggest requesting a Homeless Shelter stage as DLC?

lopedo

Great idea!

While we're at it, let's make ring outs an auto DQ, ban ring outs from SC/VF and last but not least, punch people in the face for moving too far to either side of the screen in 2D fighters.

tnzk

They are insecure about their ability to compete in fighting games, which is also why they don't play those other games themselves and won't even travel to tournaments for this one.

Did I say that out loud?

Gosh speaking of which, I'd totally travel to the U.S to compete in tournaments, even when the prize pool isn't enough to justify the costs of traveling.

Hopefully next year though, if the scene remains relatively stable.

d3v

True. As long as the glitch stays home will need to be eliminated from tournament play though. One hit leading to 95% life is too much. Other than that I don't see it as a problem.
Where I come from, one hit leading to 95-100% damage is called "business as usual."

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Rikuto said:
They are insecure about their ability to compete in fighting games, which is also why they don't play those other games themselves and won't even travel to tournaments for this one.

Did I say that out loud?

Ooops! Like really. This shit is tiring. These people dont even play at mid level play and want to dictate what happens at hlp. many want their opinions heard when they are not deserving of it.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
d3v said:
Where I come from, one hit leading to 95-100% damage is called "business as usual."
-people are afraid of having solid defense. Defense is a freaking skill guys and take more practice than pressing back and hold. Defense is a myraid of techniques that you the player need to be aware of...ie
  • Blocking.
  • free stepping(positioning).
  • side stepping.
  • spacing/whiff punishment.
  • crushes.
  • Holds/reversals.
  • counter striking/throwing.
  • knowing character specific setups/mixups and minimizing their effectiveness..
-having solid defense is a solid offence. A skilled player would worry far less about losing a big chunk of damage if this was properly applied.

lopedo

Ooops! Like really. This shit is tiring. These people dont even play at mid level play and want to dictate what happens at hlp. many want their opinions heard when they are not deserving of it.

The nicest way I'll ever present this fact- through the words of another person.

Fun fact: if we ignore all of those people, we're left with about 10 opinions, since that's how... competitive... the offline scene is for this game at HLP.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
lopedo said:
The nicest way I'll ever present this fact- through the words of another person.

Fun fact: if we ignore all of those people, we're left with about 10 opinions, since that's how... competitive... the offline scene is for this game at HLP.

This is quite sad. we said this was going to happen if TN didnt make the changes needed to improve the game. How many concerned players need to tell them before they listen? Are we lying or something? Are the cries(or should I say laughter) of the fighting game community not loud enough, to tell them the game is under par?

lopedo

This is quite sad. we said this was going to happen if TN didnt make the changes needed to improve the game. How many concerned players need to tell them before they listen? Are we lying or something? Are the cries(or should I say laughter) of the fighting game community not loud enough, to tell them the game is under par?

You're preaching to the converted man.

d3v

Just saw this on IGN (it's actually a couple of days old).
Looks like the poll is getting some coverage.
-people are afraid of having solid defense. Defense is a freaking skill guys and take more practice than pressing back and hold. Defense is a myraid of techniques that you the player need to be aware of...ie
  • Blocking.
  • free stepping(positioning).
  • side stepping.
  • spacing/whiff punishment.
  • crushes.
  • Holds/reversals.
  • counter striking/throwing.
  • knowing character specific setups/mixups and minimizing their effectiveness..
-having solid defense is a solid offence. A skilled player would worry far less about losing a big chunk of damage if this was properly applied.
People tend to forget that high damage/high risk actually emphasizes the neutral game.

lopedo

I mean... based off of this poll alone, they NEED to keep it in. Not I want, not they should, they NEED to.

Aside from Japanese players, who from my understanding all suck anyways, who the hell else is there to listen to? Seriously, who?

They have been fucking DOA up since 4. After getting input from everybody, they still fucked 5 up. Can the possibly fuck this up too?

And the answer, sadly, is yes. But will they?

vINv

I think the reason their patching is their to cheap to get better servers so ppl can hold the the hit that leads to guranteed dmg so its primarily for the online community but offline their would b no problem with this so. Its what ever.....

dawnbringer

I understand that no one cares, but it's interesting the poll results are 68.2% and 25.5%. That makes combined votes less than 100%.

d3v

I understand that no one cares, but it's interesting the poll results are 68.2% and 25.5%. That makes combined votes less than 100%.
Calculations seem to be wrong. Should be:

Yes - 75 vote(s) 72.82%
No - 28 vote(s) 27.18%

EDIT:
It seems to be counting those who didn't vote in the final tally. This means that there are 10 people who didn't vote.

lopedo

I think the reason their patching is their to cheap to get better servers so ppl can hold the the hit that leads to guranteed dmg so its primarily for the online community but offline their would b no problem with this so. Its what ever.....

You would be wrong.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD