The new SS is nice for new players (usually not good at holding).

LeiFang009

This new SS is a great addition to the game imo. It gives more defensive options to those new players that don't know how to hold (I personally suck at holding as a new DOA player so I appreciate the new SS as a defensive option). I played DOA5LR just a little in the past to try it out and thought that the offensive side was too OP due to lack of a proper SS. The previous SS was pretty bad. DOA 6 is more balanced between offense and defense imo. It's more possible to do comebacks which is always nice in a fighting game. The new SS causes more mind games for sure (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Mastering holding is really hard in this game for new players. The new SS will make new players stick with the game for longer I think. Doesn't mean these new players will take over and fluke wins vs way more experienced DOA players. That can't happen without proper holding skills I think. Blocking and SSing isn't enough at higher levels. Making the game easier for new players just means that there is gonna be more decent new players to play against and less people dropping the game.

LeiFang009

Until they meet ayane

Haha true. She is a nightmare to defend and SS is usually useless against her. I do find Tina scarier online so far tho. She does so much damage with her throws it's ridiculous. And I believe you can't SS throws so yeah they are useless against her too. Gotta block and spam punch at the right time to keep her in check when defending. Way easier said than done of course (for me at least).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD