The Official Dead or Alive 5 Tier List with Discussion thread

DR2K

If you predict they are going to tech and you don't do 6P could you still get frame advantage that way?

I'm having trouble picturing what it looks like now.

You can tech on the second to last hit. So - those frames lost., but the force tech is still in. Just less frame advantage. What's a good way of finding the exact frame data for this?

Omegan Eckhart

You can tech on the second to last hit. So - those frames lost., but the force tech is still in. Just less frame advantage. What's a good way of finding the exact frame data for this?
Getting the AI to do different speed pokes after teching or getting the AI to do Helena's 33P4P and trying out pokes yourself. Only way I could think of doing it.

Less frame advantage? It was only +4 to begin with how much less could it get?

DR2K

Well unless I'm going something wrong, you can interrupt the 6p if you tech before the 2nd to last hit. I believe she's at disadvantage since I can interrupt her jab with anything after the whiffed 6p.

But if you tech on knock down, she still has +4.

Omegan Eckhart

Well unless I'm going something wrong, you can interrupt the 6p if you tech before the 2nd to last hit. I believe she's at disadvantage since I can interrupt her jab with anything after the whiffed 6p.

But if you tech on knock down, she still has +4.
Well there isn't any reason for anyone not to tech asap so we can assume that whatever the frames are from the first possible tech is going to be the norm.

Jefffcore

lol People can decide not to tech.... then you get hit with a wake up kick for taking the risk :) +2 is still +

DR2K

lol People can decide not to tech.... then you get hit with a wake up kick for taking the risk :) +2 is still +

Wake up kicks are shit now. They have less range, priority, and do less stun. Helena's 9K was beating on low wake up kicks like nothing post patch.

DR2K

You can make it work, for sure, but she's not that good anymore.

She's a better character overall, she doesn't need to rely on her loops as much, but they're still there and she's got other ways to land force techs as well.

Kakita

She's a better character overall, she doesn't need to rely on her loops as much, but they're still there and she's got other ways to land force techs as well.
Looking at Hayabusa right now and I know for a fact that Force Tech juggles are now possible. They changed the ground game for sure. Many characters might have Force Tech juggles/Pseudos now.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Looking at Hayabusa right now and I know for a fact that Force Tech juggles are now possible. They changed the ground game for sure. Many characters might have Force Tech juggles/Pseudos now.

Good to see you again!

Zeo

I've never seen a tier list topic without an actual tier list in it before.
There were multiple lists at one point. But did you really expect one for a freshly updated game that hasn't even gotten said update on both consoles yet?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD