The Official SoCal DOA Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Oh I never said it was a bad thing. :B

But that seems to be the trend for tonight, apparently. Ya'll seen dat exposure Allan did earlier?

Vincent Rayne

they need to patch the game and have the unlocked characters. i lost at WNF last week because the guy was using pre-patched ayane and the dude spammed that 66K on me. that junk was so overpowered which was why it was patched in the first place. i'm pretty sure that tourney outcome may have been different if it wasn't for that. maybe. but i don't like the fact that i can never use Pai Chan too. hopefully, next week is a lot better.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What about Snakez or ikodomo though? I know one of you guys have everyone unlocked and obviously have the game up to date. I remember seeing Jared saying before that he was going to bring in his console so that everything is available and up to date.

Vincent Rayne

Ikodomo brought his memory stick. he still didn't have Pai unlocked though. which is one of my girls :(
and to use cloud the xbox has to be hooked up to xboxlive. and they aren't except for the streaming xbox.

ikodomo

My memory card had pai in it. It has everyone, but alpha. I just wanted to try and unlock pai on the two xboxes that were there so we wouldn't have this issue for future events. I didn't know pai was your main character. If I knew beforehand, I would have let you borrow the memory card. Sorry about that.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah I have everyone unlocked now aside from Alpha. Vincent, are you free for casuals at Triple Crown this weekend? I may bring my console if anyone is down.

MeanMrMustard

they need to patch the game and have the unlocked characters. i lost at WNF last week because the guy was using pre-patched ayane and the dude spammed that 66K on me. that junk was so overpowered which was why it was patched in the first place. i'm pretty sure that tourney outcome may have been different if it wasn't for that. maybe. but i don't like the fact that i can never use Pai Chan too. hopefully, next week is a lot better.

The results probably would have been the same. ;-) We'll see next week I guess.

Vincent Rayne

The results probably would have been the same. ;-) We'll see next week I guess.
pffffffftttt! i kinda doubt it. especially, considering that 66KK was being spammed pre patch. but when the stream fight came and that 66KK didn't work the first time i never saw it again except once. out of 6 matches too. that kinda tells me something. it's alright though. i've been practicing. last time i went to training mode but didn't apply anything i learned to anyone. now it's different.

MeanMrMustard

I was still using it a lot against air gear, and I was still beating him out after it almost every time because it is still +1 and he was still trying to attack. I actually used it a lot. It's ok if you think that one move is the reason you lost. I didn't even know it was pre patch and I was using the move like it was +1 and all of the situations I put you in would have been the same if the move was +1 or +7. I have won with Ayane when she was the most unsafe character in the game and I'm not just some 66kk4 "spammer" since I have the ability to adapt and find weaknesses in my opponent.

We should all show a little more respect in here and not blame wins or losses on "spammed" moves so we can all get better as a whole. There are ways around 66kk4 even pre patch, but because you don't know them doesn't mean the move is overpowered. You should ask yourself what you could have done instead of saying your loss was because of something "cheap" your opponent did. I went into WNF having not played the game since the week before, and it took a few games to shake off the rust. I'll be sure to practice up though this week so I can come in at full strength (assuming people actually show).

And I brought my xbox once but nobody but air gear showed up so I decided not to go through all the extra effort if people aren't even going to go to the effort to show up. If people are guaranteed to show up next week and we need it, I'll bring it again so there can be no excuses.

Vincent Rayne

bring a PS3 then there will be no excuses :p

but i don't want to start a back and fourth argument here. i see enough of those on 8WR. i was just putting out my observations.

ikodomo

Snakz, Vincent and I are going tomorrow. Not sure who else is going for sure today. Hope we get to see some new attendees.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD