The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Red Reaper

You can bring along SCV if you want. I played that when it first came out, but have't touched it since so I will be very rusty. However, that game was a blast to play. Vincent Rayne also played that game as well if not more competitively than me.

Sounds good. I think I'll do that..

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'll be going to Triple Crown tomorrow. I should be there around 5pm or 5:30pm. Looking forward to some offline practice.

@Red Reaper: Ikodomo, Vincent and myself can help get you started in DOA assuming you want to come to TC tomorrow. I also noticed that you're picking Ayane, I can help you with the basics and other things so you can get an idea of how she's played, if you want.

Also, where in Gardena do you reside? PM me info if you want to see about meeting up for casuals sometime.

Vincent Rayne

Hope to see you, red reaper, at our meetup!
Triple crown is full today and is also closing early. so today isn't a good day for going. they are having a tourney for yu-gi-oh and are using the tvs. they will probably be closing at 8:00 or as soon as the tournament is done.

Vincent Rayne

that's what we need to do. Triple Crown isn't that reliable because of their random events and random closing times. we need to get either a place to play at or someone's house where we can meet for sure and get some offline casuals.

ikodomo

Someone has to let me know by 5:45 if we found a place or not. If we can't find a place by then I won't be able to go.

ikodomo

We try going here then from now on. http://www.yelp.com/biz/world-8-los-angeles Vincent and I may be going here tonight.

Edit: Nvm they have tournaments on saturday and they currently have a SC2 tournament going on so won't be able to go here. So basically today is cancelled.
Let's try to find a place where we can play all together next week.

Red Reaper

Sucks that you guys kouldn't get kasuals. It's always good to have a "home" for your scene.

I'll be going to Triple Crown tomorrow. I should be there around 5pm or 5:30pm. Looking forward to some offline practice.

@Red Reaper: Ikodomo, Vincent and myself can help get you started in DOA assuming you want to come to TC tomorrow. I also noticed that you're picking Ayane, I can help you with the basics and other things so you can get an idea of how she's played, if you want.

Also, where in Gardena do you reside? PM me info if you want to see about meeting up for casuals sometime.

Yeah. Ayane was the main character I wanted to play. I always liked her from the Ninja Gaiden Series.
Plus I always liked Ninja/Fast Characters. Any help is appreciated, especially since I'm new to the game in general.

I just got the game right now and movement is a bit odd to me. Nothing I kan't get used to I'm sure but is her side step dash slower than her side step walk speed because it really feels that way. Also is this the same for every character?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Sucks that you guys kouldn't get kasuals. It's always good to have a "home" for your scene.

Yeah. Ayane was the main character I wanted to play. I always liked her from the Ninja Gaiden Series.
Plus I always liked Ninja/Fast Characters. Any help is appreciated, especially since I'm new to the game in general.

I just got the game right now and movement is a bit odd to me. Nothing I kan't get used to I'm sure but is her side step dash slower than her side step walk speed because it really feels that way. Also is this the same for every character?

Side step movement is the same for every character. While freestepping (freely moving to the side or diagonally) is faster since you're just freely moving around. The side step system is there to help avoid moves that have non-tracking properties (moves that are very linear but your side step needs to be well-timed) that you otherwise can't freestep so easily.

Tenren

stream tonight , last 1 for the next 2 weeks, will be out of town till the 25th and wont have the ability to stream till then

Vincent Rayne

yeah. sidestep is the same but moves that follow up after sidestep is different. I love Kokoro but she has the slowest sidestep followups in the game to the point that it almost makes sidestepping for her pointless and way too risky.

Red Reaper

Side step movement is the same for every character. While freestepping (freely moving to the side or diagonally) is faster since you're just freely moving around. The side step system is there to help avoid moves that have non-tracking properties (moves that are very linear but your side step needs to be well-timed) that you otherwise can't freestep so easily.

yeah. sidestep is the same but moves that follow up after sidestep is different. I love Kokoro but she has the slowest sidestep followups in the game to the point that it almost makes sidestepping for her pointless and way too risky.

Yeah. I was wondering both in terms of mobility and in terms of dodging Mid/Low mix ups with no tracking. Ayane's side step follow up doesn't look too slow so I kould probably use it for that purpose. Frame wise it does look pretty slow but I'm pretty sure it's kounting the sidestep itself into the moves start up frames.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well DOA was the only reason why I wanted to go NCR. I don't have a reason to go since DOA won't be there. Nykko's Best of the Battle II tournament is next month though. We should be planning for that and support his tournament and DOA there.

Red Reaper

Well DOA was the only reason why I wanted to go NCR. I don't have a reason to go since DOA won't be there. Nykko's Best of the Battle II tournament is next month though. We should be planning for that and support his tournament and DOA there.

When and where is that?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

NCR line up is not official. DOA can still make and we will do what we can to make sure we do.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD