The System is Down... again

DOAWorld Castaway

Strangers from Distant Lands. Enemies of Old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Microsoft. Dead or Alive 4 is on the brink of destruction, none can escape it, we must... eh, unite or we'll fall ect.... ect...

So straight up, DOA 4 has been no stranger with shoddy networking since MS introduced it into the backward compatibility fold but we're now entering close to two weeks with the game being down, and it's the 4th outage the game has suffered since the summer time. My hope is to find enough people to join me in complaining to Microsoft in hopes that they'll fix it! (I've talked to Tecmo customer support and their representative claims they no longer maintain the game.)

So if your an XBOXONE user, here is a quick guide on how to report said problem:

• Tap the guide button
  • Scroll to Profile and System
  • Select Xbox Support
  • Scroll to the right and select Xbox Status
  • Scroll Right and down and select Report an outage
From here you can either select “Gameplay and social activity” or “Games” and now you will need to specify that Dead or Alive 4 can no longer connect to online matchmaking or leaderboards, and that we receive an error message, “Your console can not connect online”

Big thanks to everybody that goes through the trouble.

Slug

Is this a frequent issue? I was able to connect a few weeks ago. I created a log in to see if others were also having an issue and it looks like it! Hopefully it gets rectified soon. This game is mad fun and I’d like to be able to access the online to play with friends.

DOAWorld Castaway

I love Dead or Alive 4 and I could give half a fuck on what people think about it and there is a reason it's the longest running online fighter of all-time. The reason is the power of XBOX Live. Truly a remarkable service to still host games such as DOA4 and RRXX. It's quite awesome. I'll do my best to help you on your quest.
Ironically and tragically so, Rumble Roses has also been taken offline at the exact same time as DOA4.
Is this a frequent issue? I was able to connect a few weeks ago. I created a log in to see if others were also having an issue and it looks like it! Hopefully it gets rectified soon. This game is mad fun and I’d like to be able to access the online to play with friends.
So before DOA4 became backward compatible, never had an issue. After it was introduced to the BC catalogue it had sporadic but rare outages. Since this June though... I don't think I've gone a full month without the game having a 5+ day outage. It's getting close to the point that I may need to learn Tekken.... well maybe not that desperate yet, but I'm getting there XD

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ironically and tragically so, Rumble Roses has also been taken offline at the exact same time as DOA4.

So before DOA4 became backward compatible, never had an issue. After it was introduced to the BC catalogue it had sporadic but rare outages. Since this June though... I don't think I've gone a full month without the game having a 5+ day outage. It's getting close to the point that I may need to learn Tekken.... well maybe not that desperate yet, but I'm getting there XD

RR is still online. If you have an issue with connecting just repeatedly attempt to join through the online tab. Could take 100+ tries, but it will work eventually and then after that it resumes normally.

WebHead

DOA4 is literally the greatest online fighting game of all time. Insane to think it came out in 2005. They managed to make a fighting game feel like an online RPG/MMO. They invented the rotating Fortnite shop over a decade before Fortnite came out. Literally goated high IQ game devs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD