Throw and Hold Ranges

SkatanMilla

Throw range:
Throws gain a tremendous amount of range when they are done against holds. For most characters their 12f has the most range and can easily be done two character lengths apart.
After that the throws with the most reach statistically is your character's 5f and 10f throws that reach about one to one and a half character lengths apart.
7f throws almost gain no range boost when done on hi-counter for regular characters, but there is ofcourse exceptions.
Grappler type characters have max range on all of their throws, or close to it, so it doesn't matter which throw they do two character lengths apart, it will connect if your opponent holds.
Low throws also get extra range, but it seems to be the same for all characters, grappler or not.

Strikers:
12f >> 10f and 5f >>> 7f and low throw

Grapplers:
12f, 10f, 7f and 5f >>>>> low throw

There are some characters that differ from this rule, I know Kokoro does (12f>10f, 7f and 5f), but from my tests it seems this is the range to go by.

Another thing I noticed is that offensive holds only gain a range boost on Counter Hold but not on Hi-Counter hold, so I think by holding you're increasing your hitbox by alot to just throws.

Knowing this I realized that a useful tactic, for characters with grappler range specifically, is to stand far away and use ranged pokes to try and force a hold attempt from the opponent, then punish it with a throw even though you're far apart. Lei Fang is probably the character that benefits the most from this seeing as she's got 3K and grappler range, she also has 46P which is range safe, abusing those moves in the right way will make your opponent try and hold sooner or later, capitalize on it.

Grappler range:

Ayane
Bass
Bayman
Brad Wong
Eliot
Leifang
Kokoro
Lisa
Leon
Spartan
Tina

Striker range:

Christie
Ein
Gen Fu
Hayabusa
Hayate
Helena
Hitomi
Jann Lee
Kasumi
Tengu
Zack

Hold range:
I think there was a thread about this, or is one, but I'll put this here aswell for clarification. Attacks have extra large hitboxes that are specific to defensive holds. Which means that you can stand outside of an attacks hit-range and still be able to hold it. This applies to all attacks, wakeupkicks or jumping, it applies to all of them.

Useful tactics when knowing this is that you can stand just outside of range of your opponents longest poke and hold it, without fear of you getting hit by it. You can also stand just outside of range of wakeup kicks and hold one of the heights, preferable mid or low since high has less range. If they did a mid you got a hold, if they did a low it whiffed, and if they did nothing you're safe.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD