System Throw Punishment and the Throw Punish Project Initiative

Allan Paris

When I did play religiously is was not online, I actually find that somewhat insulting that you think I, me of all people, would argue from an online stand point. I would not sit here and argue anything based on online play nor laggy monitors for any game. I play everything on tournament standard. At the very least I am sure the guy you play or played against is not playing at the level of the players I mentioned. What I am trying to tell explain to you is that him along with others. Are difficult to properly throw punish when played thoroughly. I'll break this down little bit more.

Rig puts PP on your block. PP, throw is an issue, and the string follow-ups going low, continuing with KK transitioning into his stance with plus frames, or continuing with K6K, or doing PP4 into more string options. When you are waiting and watching for ALL of that, it happens fairly quick, and you block one of the few highly unsafe attacks from PP you are not going to throw punish it because of the information I have provided earlier twice already.

Again, that is just one example, but I will add another one I did not mention since the previous one is not helping.

Blocking his 6H+K is -12 on block. Reaching after it is not wise. The samething happens with that attack as well. Good thing it's just a knock down. Unlike 8P being a deep stun, at -8, and recovers even faster with no guard stun. You try to throw it and get hit on hi counter and then proceed to lose over half your life bar. At best you lose a little over a quarter of it.

On everything, I promise you, I am not exaggerating. Come over here whenever you get the chance and play for yourself.

Going through and then playing against them are 2 different ball games. That is good you went through them like I did, half the work is done, now play against them at a high level.

I am agreeing that punishment is what you want and should be doing. I know what it is. I have been doing and still do it. I have been playing doa for quite some time now.

What I am saying is that a good deal of characters are breaking this rule. It is hard to tell players to punish when the line is becoming blurred on -8 and up not necessarily being punishable at point blank ranges. Also, we don't need players to testify mashing is a better option. Do you not watch the tournaments that go on in the US? Buttons are constantly being pressed with throw punishment happening selectively.

You see no problem with Mila lunging at you on block with the ONLY unsafe attack she has to cover distance? You can not consistently punish it to the point where your opponent can put you in a mix up from -8. Players deliberately put the attack out as bait. Again with this example there are other things to worry about from range against her. So it makes this attack all the more difficult to deal with.

Yes, I am using good players to support my arguments. Why would I use a bum or scrub? I destroy them left and right. Good players are the problem.

Kwiggle won the Japan tournament, SR won an EU tournament, and I believe PL won an the last Australian tournament. In my eyes the US is the best, we have won in multiple countries. Now, I am not saying other countries are bad, but we are the best. Tournament results show and prove that. I encourage all of those players to prove my statements wrong. BEAT US!

When you press your punish throw (6T) with any of the VF characters excluding Akria, you get 45 pts of dmg. That sucks for throw punishment with a 300 pt life bar. The average is 50 pts of dmg in this game, and all of them excpet Akria are below average. Their other throws hurt, but they will not be 12i throw punishing on the regular. Jacky's 10i throw is at the average mark, a little bit above it.

Outside of Rig or the grappling characters, a throw knock down is just more guessing after it. Whatever pressure you think you have it can be used against you. You throw me down, i suspect a hold, i get up and throw you. I see you blocking and waiting on a wake up kick, i tech away, back to a neutral stand-off. I think you are going to try beat out my kick, i get up and block, and probably punish you. I mix up the timing on with my wake up, along with using wake up kicks makes all the stated above a 50/50 when you throw somebody down. I am not theory fighting with any of that. I am not complaining about it either. It is the nature of this beast.

lol why am I looking up throw start-ups and damage. I been had all that stuff, and I know the majority of it by memory.

I have that thread posted on the throws and what can be done to characters. I do not know if i will help you or not. You seem to have what you need going from this back-and-forth.

Lulu

I tried.... I'm sorry but I can't punish individual strikes. they're too fast.

The best I can do is low attacks and completed strings.

Edit: I suppose that explains how my friend was able to beat me despite not know jack shit about DoA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD