Characters Throw Ranges (+EXTRA)

Allan Paris

Throw punishment is not exercised as much by players in Dead or Alive as of late. However, this data can be a great deal of help to those of you who rely on it, or want to defend against it or get around it.

:ayane::akira::alpha152::bass: THROW RANGES

:bayman::bradwong::christie::ein::eliot: THROW RANGES

:genfu::hayate::helena::hitomi::jacky::jannlee: THROW RANGES

:kasumi::kokoro::leifang::lisa: THROW RANGES

:leon::marierose::mila::momiji: THROW RANGES

:pai::rachel::rig::hayabusa: THROW RANGES

:sarah::tina::zack::phase4: THROW RANGES

:honoka::cyborg: THROW RANGES

:nyotengu: THROW RANGES

Knowing the throw ranges allow you to know what characters can and can not punish. From certain attacks with the proper spacing or no spacing at all, as well as strings that are free canceled. Here are 2 examples:

Blocking Ayane's *6PK is -7 but there is a slight push-back on it, making the string difficult to neutral throw punish with your 5i throw. Hayate and Rig, however, have no problem with throw punishing with their neutral throw. Several other characters can achieve this as well.

*Blocking the string at tip range can not be punished. Mid to close range you are good to go with characters that can reach her with a neutral throw.

Blocking Leifang's *PKK or *K2K can be low throw punished by Ayane and Marie Rose. While Kasumi and Kokoro can only low throw punish the PKK variation of that string.

*There is a low kick option that is in both of these strings. Since the low kick is telegraphed Leifnag players poke with strings and Free Cancel them before the low kick option comes out.

Yes, this information is technical, but it can help greatly if you take the time and learn how to apply it.

The extra here includes the Power Blows and Launchers. I am missing more notes on them, but what I have should be enough.

:ayane::akira::alpha152::bass::bayman::bradwong::christie::ein: PB AND PL

:eliot::genfu::hayate::helena::hitomi::jacky::jannlee::kasumi: PB AND PL

:kokoro::leifang::lisa::leon::marierose::mila::momiji::pai: PB AND PL

:nyotengu::phase4::rachel::rig::hayabusa::sarah::tina::zack: PB AND PL

:honoka::cyborg: PB AND PL

The ranges are highly important as well as the properties of them. Unfortunately I no longer have property information. It was separate and more detailed.

Examples: Eliot and Tina both have the furthest reaching Power Blows in the game. They can punish movements and whiffed attacks/strings from a mid-long distance. Players who whiff wake up kicks when their opponent is nowhere near them are highly subject to get popped by the Power Blows of these two characters.

Examples: Kasumi and Marie Rose can use their Power Launcher as a counter poke to crush or interrupt string delays. Not all character can do this even if they share the same animation as these two characters for their Power Launcher.

This is all I have left. I lost or threw out my other stuff I documented in this game. I hope this helps those who are concerned with it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Throw punishment is not used now¿ why¿

Cause the game is stun heavy, especially online were most of the community practices. Why risk a throw to punish when the penalties for being +/- 3 additional/less frames means you are put into the stun game at 150% damage? It's better to just hope you get a counter-hit to put them into the game. So you're either severely lessening your throw punishment damage by going for a faster throw, or you're going for counter-hit critical stun setup.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It's the way the game is played at high level. Seems only certain moves from certain characters are targeted now and everything else is a jab punish. I personally try to throw everything.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The heavier and slower your character gets, the more you'll be inclined to throw punish. The faster your character, the less you'll be making it a priority to attempt a throw punish. Players at high level do not like the stress of playing slow and heavy characters. There are exceptions like Rachel but that's mostly because she's treated more as a striker with good throws and good mid pokes. Not a lot of players have bothered taking throw-heavy characters past semi-finals in tournaments, so you don't get to see that sort of punishment much.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD