Tina's multi part throw frame advantage

TRI Mike

I usually tend to avoid using :6::4::H+P: and :4::4::H+P: because I just can't get the timing completely right, but since Tina has two variants that end the throw midway and give her frame advantage, I'm considering going for those now.

:4::4::H+P: gives her +11 and a back-turned opponent while :6::4::H+P: leaves her at +9 with a back-facing foe as well. Now, from what I understand, those two numbers would actually be higher considering the time it takes for her enemy to turn around so Tince could really wreak havoc with these two options.

Do you guys use them, know of any guaranteed follow-ups¿ other options¿

PacManila

I rarely use them. At times, I may use 44T, but the only thing that I know is guaranteed after that is 4K and sometimes 6PK (this one seems character dependent). Unfortunately, 4K pushes them a little too far so follow-ups are limited (sometimes even non-existent imo).

I haven't tested the other follow-up for 64T yet, but if I'm not mistaken, they're at least closer to you. This has no guaranteed follow-ups that I'm aware of.

TRI Mike

I'm fine if there aren't any guaranteed attacks, the frame advantage is nice and welcome to Tina but I'd like to discuss what things we could use in her favor after those throws.

RubinRoon

66T, Dragon Suplex, is now an OH and nets 90 dmg on HiC on a backturned opponent, if you do it immediatly and you catch them mashing p. Wait too long and Rodeo Hold comes out.

It is 75 dmg on NH, which is still nice.

PacManila

I tested 44T out in the lab and found that PK is guaranteed, but only if they don't crouch. If PK hits, you can either go for the throw from standing K or follow-up with her limbo stun P (PKP). If you do notice them crouching, you could go with 3K and it's 2 follow-ups. I think you could also use 4K as well, but I haven't tested that.

Doa_Eater

Don't like it one bit, if it's not guarantee it is useless, but i do like new advantage on hit the throws for tina and leon are giving.

Doa_Eater

The new move details frame advantage for plus frames on hit also gives frames for throws on hit and characters with ground throws are given how much frames they have in plus since each ground throw input is 7 frames. And basically Tina and Leon have quite a lot and i don't think i saw any for Mila and Bayman's throws and Bass has a nice one after one turn of the F5.

Doa_Eater

If i grab someone with 4T, Tina has 5 frame advantage standing, meaning the opponent can escape the throw by 2 frames period since the ground grab is 7. Many of her throws have these numbers, the neutral for example gives a guarantee ground throw on counter since the GTS gives 10 frames but of course it is techable, the normal neutral is plus 4.

Am i clear?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'm pretty sure those numbers don't work that way. It's gotta be at least 4f, 'cause I can tech it pretty much 100%. And there's no way I can get a 2f 100% of the time. Her ground throw is active on the 8th frame for one thing.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I usually tend to avoid using :6::4::H+P: and :4::4::H+P: because I just can't get the timing completely right, but since Tina has two variants that end the throw midway and give her frame advantage, I'm considering going for those now.

:4::4::H+P: gives her +11 and a back-turned opponent while :6::4::H+P: leaves her at +9 with a back-facing foe as well. Now, from what I understand, those two numbers would actually be higher considering the time it takes for her enemy to turn around so Tince could really wreak havoc with these two options.

Do you guys use them, know of any guaranteed follow-ups¿ other options¿
Online I find the input to be ~1 sec before the actual message shows up for the move to go through uncontested. Just go into training and put fastest throw escape from the PC and just do them throws till your head hurts and repeat over and over again. add simulated online lag as well if online is your arena and learnt he differences vs the diff connection speeds. I mean one completed combo throw from tina is often more deadly than any of her combos and once initiated a hell of alot safer no? I mean who has more practice with these throws, a dedicated tina player or a dude who plays vs tina once in a while?

So instead of looking for follow ups perhaps the best route is to just master these throws timing? Plus they do one hell of moral and psych damage to opponents while they sit there and helplessly take near half damage.

I find striking with tina only to be worthwhile once you have instilled respect for her punch grabs (when I often get 64T or a non counter MDT out), holds, and MDT/tiger drivers. Since anyone who knows anything about tina will rely on strike spamming.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD