DOA5U Tina's ver 1.04 changes

Doa_Eater

Just making it official

Tina
  • 4K, 6PK: Guard advantage changed from -6 to -5.
  • 2k: Normal hit advantage changed from -8 to -5.
  • 236K, Running K: Hitbox adjusted.
  • 4K, 6PK: Hitbox adjusted.
  • 236P: Start-up reduced from 19 to 18F, active frames increased from 4 to 6. Close Hit properties added.
  • 4P+K, Back P+K: Damage increased from 35 to 42: Rope 4P+K: Damage increased from 45 to 48.
  • 66T: Damage increased from 38 to 42.
  • Back T on rear-facing opponent: Damage increased from 48 to 68.
1.05 Edit

Change the camera work: enemy air during 4T.

Adjusted so as to be thrown If the command established to be held soon: 6K or 6PP6K hit T.(Option select removed)

44T in the rope when: slow frame 32 frames until the hold possible, P is now to confirm the order.

Last edited:

IcKY

Looks like these buffs affect some aspects of my scrub strats for the better! I luv it!

PacManila

Like I said in the QA thread, I hope that means 4K will actually crush lows AND hit the opponent. I can't explain how annoyed I get every time I see 4K whiff my opponent, even when they do a standing low.

Doa_Eater

Oh and speaking of wiffing, can anyone with twitter tell Team Ninja about a bug Tina has with a back turned 4pp attacking an opponent that's next to a wall no matter a wall or corner the second hit always whiffs. It's stupid, annoying and has been here since vanilla 1.01.

Koompbala

Oh and speaking of wiffing, can anyone with twitter tell Team Ninja about a bug Tina has with a back turned 4pp attacking an opponent that's next to a wall no matter a wall or corner the second hit always whiffs. It's stupid, annoying and has been here since vanilla 1.01.

They should just make both track to solve that problem. I didnt play 1.01 but I wonder if the 2nd P tracked and now it doesn't maybe that is the reason it misses now.

PacManila

Anybody get a chance to try out the patch changes? I'll try them out probably later after taking care of some things, but I wanted to see what people's impressions were with the patch.

Th3xFitCH

Anybody get a chance to try out the patch changes? I'll try them out probably later after taking care of some things, but I wanted to see what people's impressions were with the patch.
her 236P has its own sound now, and the damage on the grabs was really necessary. im not sure how the hitmox adjusted on her 4K though.

AkaShocka

Did she get buff on her 4t to foe's back? I punished Kasumi after she did 4kk and it killed her fro about 35% - 40% of life left (Was not a HiC throw either or a environmental floor)

PacManila

I'm still testing out the 4K hitbox. So far, I've been crushing lows and actually hitting the opponent. I still need to test it out more, but so far the adjustment has been good. It still whiffs if Helena ducks during BKO, but that is to be expected.

Caster Shell

The damage buff on 4P+K is nice, but I feel like 6H+K could have used one too. It only does 28 on NH and its already unsafe. The increased damage on those throws is nice though. :cool:

TRI Mike

KK still holdable
8P still useless
66K still doesn't cause sds on crouching opponents
6PPP+K still useless
6H+K still unsafe
4P+K still techable at close range
7PPP still mid-punches
1K still techable on CH-HCH
4PP(P) bound still useless
Shining Wizard still a throw

I still think she could use a low throw on BT

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Haha I feel like they literally just buffed MY personal Tina play while screwing over every one else haha. Btw, they changed Tina's voice using 236P. The only way I figured out the update was on PSN was because of her voice change haha.

With 4K at -5, players cannot punish that move now. Characters like Tina and Rachel could punish 4k with a unblockable backturn grab if they were close enough. Really it should have been unpunishable anyways, but it's really cool that's there now.

Doa_Eater

Just like to point out that the the active recovery on 236P is 5 not 6 like in the changes log. I played quite a lot today and these changes are just a nice convenience to the current Ultimate Tina version nothing big nothing game changing.

KK still holdable
8P still useless
66K still doesn't cause sds on crouching opponents
6PPP+K still useless
6H+K still unsafe
4P+K still techable at close range
7PPP still mid-punches
1K still techable on CH-HCH
4PP(P) bound still useless
Shining Wizard still a throw

I still think she could use a low throw on BT

This will be adjusted only when the roulette wheel for buffing in TN offices lands on Tina.

Doa_Eater

8P should be escapable with slow escape only and that's the only big overkill from pre Ultimate. The others not that much.

Why is 7P mid being bad opposed to high which can just be crouched to be avoided and punished?

Koompbala

Also 6PPP+K is not useless faint stuns are awesome. I also do post CB launch switch between 6PP6K PPK and 6PP6K 6PPP+K depending on my stance on midweights for that wall damage. Not to mention its used in combos such as 44PK, 6PPP+K this is a combo and works on all weights. That also sets up her roll which is amazing. Then there is her 46H against the wall 6PPP+K wall splats and sets up a wall combo.

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

Koombala can u explain to me what feint stuns means in terminology terms, i use it as u mentioned and also i read it on your guide but dont know it as a general term. Separately i know feints as fake attacks into cancels.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD