DOA5U Tina's ver 1.04 changes

Koompbala

Koombala can u explain to me what feint stuns means in terminology terms, i use it as u mentioned and also i read it on your guide but dont know it as a general term. Separately i know feints as fake attacks into cancels.

I should be spelling it faint cause the animation of the stun is like the opponent is fainting not feinting. Funny how one letter makes a world of difference. I'm so used to feints being used in fighting I completely forgot about the other faint. That is until you pointed it out. Somewhere on this site the stun terms are explained. There's still lift stuns, faint stuns, sit down stun, crumple stuns. Which Tina has all of these, so yeah she's doing alright in the stun department.

Doa_Eater

Ah i get it now, i was just checking through VirtuaPai's terminology guide and didn't find it so that's why i was asking just to make sure of it.

Koompbala

Yeah I could've sworn I seen it here a while ago. EmperorCow also explained the different stuns in one of his tutorial videos back in the vanilla days.

RubinRoon

I am having quite a bit of success with tina lately. Didn`t know where to post this, but where do you see tina in the tier list? I think tina is still pretty strong, even though she lost quite a lot. She didn`t lose any of her evasiveness or damaging throws though, she is also quite moblie and the pressure you can apply on your opponent just by scaring them is reallly good. She lost a lot of guaranteed combos, but mix ups, to me, are what makes her strong. You can turn around a round/match in a heart beat. How do you feel about it?

Plus you can actually play her as a striker, though she is a grappler. I think her adaptability is what makes her viable.

Last edited:
I am having quite a bit of success with tina lately. Didn`t know where to post this, but where do you see tina in the tier list? I think tina is still pretty strong, even though she lost quite a lot. She didn`t lose any of her evasiveness or damaging throws though, she is also quite moblie and the pressure you can apply on your opponent just by scaring them is reallly good. She lost a lot of guaranteed combos, but mix ups, to me, are what makes her strong. You can turn around a round/match in a heart beat. How do you feel about it?

Plus you can actually play her as a striker, though she is a grappler. I think her adaptability is what makes her viable.
For me totally i get lost with her -.-
it's just i don't know how to adopt her...

am really hoping if you can give me examples in each point you mention.

IcKY

For me totally i get lost with her -.-
it's just i don't know how to adopt her...

am really hoping if you can give me examples in each point you mention.
Im No DOA Expert but I feel like Tina's best strength in 5U is baiting holds and punishing with her UBER DAMAGE counter hold throws such as the 6-4PG combo throw, that specific throw on counter hold does nearly %45 damage.

Yoyo

Here ya go :D (Not sure if it's the right translation, but Google says so yeah :G)

Change the camera work: enemy air during 4T.

Adjusted so as to be thrown If the command established to be held soon: 6K or 6PP6K hit T.

44T in the rope when: slow frame 32 frames until the hold possible, P is now to confirm the order.

Doa_Eater

To make it more clear the second change is referring to putting the opponent in a different crumple position after the back air throw in a breakable so tina wont do the head choke ground throw after 6 H+K but do the pedigree sorta instead.

GarryJaune

KK still holdable
8P still useless
66K still doesn't cause sds on crouching opponents
6PPP+K still useless
6H+K still unsafe
4P+K still techable at close range
7PPP still mid-punches
1K still techable on CH-HCH
4PP(P) bound still useless
Shining Wizard still a throw

I still think she could use a low throw on BT
well,at least 8P and 6PPP+K are NOT useless
but,yeah..Shining Wizard still a throw,this sucks and our TIna needs a 10f 5P badly

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD