TTT: Tina Tag Tournament (a.k.a the Tina tag thread)

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Not enough people have been exploring tag mode, which is a shame because I honestly think it's a lot more fun than singles. Tina plays a bit differently in tag mode, and due to the unique mechanics found in the mode itself, she's capable of some stuff that would be impossible in singles mode.

EDIT: It should be noted that since I have a 360, this was all done on ver. 1.02 of the game. Not sure if any of this stuff will be affected by the new patch, but I'll update my post once it comes out if so.

Tina Notes:

- :9::P::K: is insanely good. It's Tina's best tag filler by far. The refloat is insane, and using it in juggles can increase the juggle potential of anybody she's partnered with. For a quick demo, tag Tina with Bass, do a launcher, and see how many times you can do (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Bass) :6::P::K:, TAG in a row.

- Some properties of moves are different in tag than they are in singles. :H+K: can now be used in juggles and has a little bit of refloat.

- :7::K:, while being near useless in singles mode, is now one of Tina's key moves in tag. In addition to being ridiculously damaging, tagging out instantly after it hits will grant your partner a guaranteed followup, and the advantage is so large that you can basically do anything you want.

- Just like in singles, air throws are unaffected by damage scaling. This is more significant in tag mode since there's a lot more juggling going on. For that reason, I think it would be best if you ended your juggles with either of Tina's air throws (height permitting) as opposed to with a string.

- Special tag throws do 5 more damage than regular tag throws. Tina has special tag throws with the following characters:
- Bass
- Zack
- Mila
- Bayman
- Hayabusa
- Leifang
- Lisa
- Sarah

The team that I use in tag is Tina/Helena. Below, you'll find some setups, juggles and various other pieces of tech that I've discovered with this particular team. You should take some of the examples I've provided and use them in your own juggles and setups with whatever team you wish to use.

Basic Combos:

When doing combos in tag, you're not only going to want to go for damage. You should also be mindful of how much health your characters have. Sometimes you'll have to go for a less damaging juggle if it means saving a character who's about to be KO'd. For that reason, I've included which character starts and finishes each combo.

Tina Start, Tina Finish

- (Tina) :9::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: - 92 DMG Lights, Middles
- (Tina) :9::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::, TAG (Tina) :H+P: - 85 DMG Heavies

Helena Start, Helena Finish

- (Hele) :7::K: BT :4::P::P:, BT :4::P::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::P: - 93 DMG Lights, Middles
- (Hele) :7::K:, BT :4::P::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::P: - 81 DMG Heavies

Tina Start, Helena Finish

- (Tina) :9::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::P: - 88 DMG Lights, Middles
- (Tina) :9::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::P: - 76 DMG Heavies

Helena Start, Tina Finish

- (Hele) :7::K:, BT :4::P::P:, BT :4::P::P::K:, TAG, (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG, (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :H+P: - 100 DMG Lights, Middles
- (Hele) :7::K:, BT :4::P::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :H+P: - 88 DMG Heavies

Juggle Loop:

The following juggle can be looped against lights and middles until they fall out of it. Note that the damage scaling on this is severe, and after a while it'll stop doing decent damage. For that reason, you wouldn't really want to do a juggle consisting of this over and over again. Its main purpose is for positioning (wall carries, stuff like that).

- (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :9::P::K:, TAG (Hele) etc. - Lights, Middles

CB Setups:

- (Tina) :8::P:, TAG (Hele) :2::1::4::P:, TAG (Tina) :8::P:, CB!
- (Hele) :6::P::P:, TAG (Tina) :8::P:, CB!

Advanced/Guaranteed Combos:

- (Tina) :7::K:, TAG (Hele) Anything really. I'm serious. This setup is ridiculous.
- (Tina) :8::P:, TAG (Hele) :2::1::4::P:, TAG (Tina) :8::P:, :3::3::K:, :6::P::P::K:, TAG, (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K::P: - 120 DMG Lights, Middles
- (Tina) :8::P:, TAG (Hele) :2::1::4::P:, TAG (Tina) :8::P:, :3::3::K:, TAG (Hele) :2::3::6::P::K:, TAG (Tina) :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: - 127 DMG All

Guaranteed Helena FT Setups Using Tina:

- (Tina) :7::K:, TAG (Hele) :7::K:, BT :4::P::P::P: - 102 DMG Lights, Middles

BKO Throw Juggles Using Tina:

Coming Soon

This little writeup is only covering stuff that's guaranteed (minus the CB! setups). I'm sure there are a bunch of gimmicky, 50/50 type setups that this team is capable of, but I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. I'll probably keep updating this guide with stuff that I find.

Bottom line: Tina is a monster in tag mode. She works really well with basically everyone due to how easy her sitdown stuns are to link off of and how amazing :9::P::K: is in juggles. :7::K: giving you an unholdable, un-slow escapable stun is also huge. She also has a ton of special throws with characters, but she can find synergy with most characters anyway, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor in who you pair her with. Pair her with your (other) favorite characters and see what you can come up with!

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Still better than Twilight Tag Tournament 2...

Good stuff, Dr. Teeth.

Why thank you, sir. Looking into a Tina/Christie team? I would do it if for no other reason than they both technically have the same name.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Why thank you, sir. Looking into a Tina/Christie team? I would do it if for no other reason than they both technically have the same name.
If you could demonstrate some stuff, I might.

But I'm gonna be honest, I'm no tag player.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
The following is a list of juggle loops that Tina has with each character. Seeing as Tina works better with some characters than others, some of these loops can be repeated for longer periods of time while others will cause the opponent to fall out sooner. I'm going to add to this post later, this is just the stuff I remember off the top of my head. If better loops are found, I'll edit this post accordingly.

Bass: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Bass):6::P::K:, TAG
Christie: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Christie):2::P::P:, TAG
Gen Fu: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Gen Fu):6::P::P:, TAG
Helena: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Helena):2::3::6::P::K:, TAG
Kasumi: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Kasumi):4::P::K:, TAG
Mila : (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Mila):4::P::P:, TAG
Zack: (Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Zack):6::K::K:, TAG

Doa_Eater

This is even better then the stagger glitch in my opinion. (which we both failed to pull off, fights before this one)

Davey2100

Good to see someone else rocking tina and leifang! they both have simple attacks that just keep the opponent in the air, shame walls get in the way.

Doa_Eater

More experimenting, think i did ok with Bass (meaning laughable by Mr.Wah's standards)

LMAO at Bass's face when holding Tina! He's just adorable!

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Some Bass/Tina stuff if you're interested:

Juggle Loop:

(Tina):9::P::K:, TAG (Bass):6::P::K:, TAG

Basic Combo:

(Tina):8::P:, TAG (Bass):3::K:, :3::3::P:, TAG, (Tina) juggle loop . . .

- This combo can also be started with Tina :6::6::K: if you anticipate the low hold out of stun or a crouch in general in the patch.

The thing that's scary about this team is that any of their juggles can end in either an air throw (both Bass and Tina have two different types of air throws to use depending on height) or a guaranteed ground throw setup. The air throws are good since they aren't subjected to scaling (I think), so they can put damage on the screen. The ground throw option is particularly scary with Bass since he can put you into the blender and force a mixup after dealing 150+ damage guaranteed off of a combo WITHOUT CB!, and all of his options out of his pickup game can lead back into the juggle loop, which can in turn end with a guaranteed pick up again, forcing ANOTHER reset and mixup. Nasty stuff. They also have low tag throws as well, which is something not many teams have.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And Tina has a tag throw to an opponent's back with Bass.

Only thing they really are missing is good easy SDS starters besides Tina's 8P, oh and a matching team costume.

I believe air throws are scaled.

Wouldnt 8p 66k tag 3k to cb work?

If you do the following, yes:

:tina: :8::P: :6::6::K: :bass: :3::K: :tina: :6::P+K:

I would also recommend launching from CB with Bass' :214::P:

Doa_Eater

Low tag throw and back turned tag throw, never knew! I thought they had 4, the neutral and forward throw button.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD