Unholdables Thread

RiBu

Thread to try and see if he any unholdables on characters.

Right now I do have:
33P NH, PPK,-they tech- 236K. I've tested this on Ein and the computer can not hold it, but can duck it.

Edit...tried this on Zack, and he could not low hold this. Going to try later on some more characters. Can not do it on Leon, so I'm going to rule out heavyweights for now.

Last edited:

RiBu

Okay, so I would like some input/ see if anyone else has been testing this.

Method used:
Computer
Ground Tech-On
Reaction- High/Low hold.

Now if I understand how this works, and I don't think I do exactly, he needs a move that is at least 25 frame start-up. That's 236K and 33P(no charge). 33P should work then in theory(?), but because of the range it will whiff every time, unless they tech into the foreground.

Now I think this might be a lot of fluff discussion, except for the sole reason his unholdable move is an unblockable. Again, if anyone has done any testing for him please feel free to add something lol.

Gurimmjaw

Well havent done much testing on his unholdables but one I found was 33p, ppk, (they tech), 2h+k. Tested this with all the right options and the computer wasnt able to low hold it at all. Tested on Mila and Kasumi. Probably doesn't work on heavyweights like Bass and Rachel. Actually im sure that won't work on them. Still more testing.

RyuJin

Got this on a mid weight.

Wall hit (66k was used) pp6p >6p DS (The 6P whiffs) > 6K from DS. Did not do a ton of testing but if the ground is even it seems to work. If the ground is uneven the DS 6k may whiff. I may do some more testing with it when I get home.

Gurimmjaw

After spending a lot of time finding unholdables was able to find a few of them.

:9::K::K:, :3::P+K:

:9::K::K:, :6::6::K:

:9::K::K:, :9::K:

Works on CH as well or any level in a juggle.

I have a few more though I believe they are dependant on if you and your opponent are facing the same way with either the front of the character showing or back. Though that probably not right and might be another reason. I know sometimes they tech roll close to me and sometimes far away.

:P::6::P::K:, :6::H+K:

:P::6::P::K:, :4::P::P:

:P::6::P::K:, :9::K:

These also apply to the :6::6::P::K: ones as well and the ss k I believe too.

Found also one from a PB. Here an example of the combo:

:9::K:, :P::6::P:, :4::P+K: (charge to the 43rd frame)

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Ok miscalculation on the 9kk stuff. Unfortunately it not an unholdable. The 9kk, 3p+k almost appears to be an unholdable but low holdable. However I am spending a lot of time with finding out all his possible unholdables which will be a lot I will list here.

9K, PPK, 46K
CH 7K, PP6P, PPK, 6P+K
CH 7K, PP6P, PPK, 4H+K
CH 7K, PP6P, PPK, 1K
CH 7K, PP6P, PPK, 1P

Stun Level 1: (These also work on the middleweights too)

214P, PPK, 9K
214P, PPK, 4PP

Stun Level 2:

7K, PP6P, PPK, 6P+K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 4H+K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 1K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 1P

Stun Level 3:

7K, PP6P, PPK, 46K

Works on :eliot::hitomi::kokoro::mila::momiji::sarah: :ayane::kasumi::marierose::phase4: :leifang::pai:

CH 33P, PPK, 4P+K

Stun Level 1:

214P, PPK, 9K
214P, PPK, 4PP

Stun Level 2:

9K, PP6P, PPK, 6P+K
9K, PP6P, PPK, 4H+K
9K, PP6P, PPK, 1K
9K, PP6P, PPK, 1P

Stun Level 3:

After H+K SDS: 9K, 6H+K, PPK, 46K

Works on: :akira::bradwong::christie::ein::hayabusa::hayate::jacky::jannlee::lisa::nyotengu::rig::tina::zack:

9K, PPK, 66K
CH 4PP, P(whiffs), 46K

Stun Level 1:

214P, PPK, P+K

Stun Level 2:

Dragon Stance K, PPK, 46K

Stun Level 3:

Dragon Stance K, PPK, 46K

Works on: :bass::bayman::leon::rachel:

CH 33P, PP6P, PPK, 46K

Stun Level 1 (like the others works on her too):

214P, PPK, 9K
214P, PPK, 4PP

Stun Level 2:

33P, PP6P, PPK, 46K

Stun Level 3:

Works on: :helena:

Unfortunately no unholdable situations on Gen Fu outside of stun.

Stun Level 1:

214P, PPK, 9K
214P, PPK, 4PP

Stun Level 2:

After H+K SDS: 9K, PP6P, PPK, 46K

Stun level 3:
7K, PP6P, PPK, 6P+K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 4H+K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 1K
7K, PP6P, PPK, 1P
9K, PP6P, PPK, 46K

Works on: :genfu:

Jefffcore

3p+k is definitely unholdable after 9kk, though I'm not sure how. Being at +20, it should be anything 19i, but 3p+k is 18. The fact that it even hits is strange, as h+k doesn't.

Also, both 1p and 1k FT after a 9kk.

Darkslay

3p+k is definitely unholdable after 9kk, though I'm not sure how. Being at +20, it should be anything 19i, but 3p+k is 18. The fact that it even hits is strange, as h+k doesn't.

Yeah i also find it weird. I made a brief example of the setup in the Guide i made, i definitely consider 9KK one of his most reliable unholdables.

RyuJin

If I'm reading what you are saying correctly its due to 3p+k being active for 2 or 3 frames (I don't know what it is...I'm currently at work.) H+K is 18f and is most likely active for the same number of frames BUT it could either be a range issue or its hitbox (still a range issue kind of.)

Like I said I'm at work so I can't do any testing right now. If it is only a hitbox/range issue try doing this at an invisible wall. H+K should be unholdable.

Jefffcore

They're both active for 2. Thing is, I've never had an attack hitting on it's 2nd active frame be unholdable. It's always first or not at all.

It still whiffs next to an invisible wall.

Darkslay

They're both active for 2. Thing is, I've never had an attack hitting on it's 2nd active frame be unholdable. It's always first or not at all.

It still whiffs next to an invisible wall.
This is true.

I ran some tests as well and found that H+K does indeed become unholdable at an invisible wall, however the problem is you have to time it. :/
The reason why H+K doesn't connect in an open space is probably a collision error, since its a jumping move, it doesn't redirect itself like P+K, so it just outright whiffs or gets held, dumb, i know.

Jefffcore

If you're timing it, that means you're delaying it though, right?

In the past I've tried using attacks with extra active frames (Leon specifically), but even if an attack hit on it's 3rd active it was still holdable. I can only think of one time this wasn't true.

Darkslay

If you're timing it, that means you're delaying it though, right?

In the past I've tried using attacks with extra active frames (Leon specifically), but even if an attack hit on it's 3rd active it was still holdable. I can only think of one time this wasn't true.

Pretty much. I'm essentially making the move i19 by doing so, its also how most of his 6T unholdables work, by timing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD